SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Common for them rub on the top guide

Some people remove it

I just space it up with washers and use a s15 chain tensioner as it has finer adjustment otherwise you have to replace the timing chain and guides as it has stretched or the guides are worn and you have to remove the cover to do so which means engine out head off and int sump off

This engine did cost abit of money to build, its worth while taken it back to the engine builder making sure there is nothing going funny. But thanks for the input I will have a S15 tensioner installed.

By the way is the ATR28SS15 installed in yours? How does it feel driving around on road?

Worth taking it back to the engine builder if yours rebuilt not long ago and it's a engine fault

I've been very busy lately and haven't had a chance to put it in yet

will put it in 2-3weeks time

Evo should be tuned wed so should have results to put up

Got the evo 8 tuned today

Made 285awkw on 25.5psi with more in it but tuner was not happy with winding in more boost on stock block

Power was still climbing with more he boost he said

I reckon would have cracked 300kw on 28psi

I'll get a dyno sheet up later

Evo 8 stock block

Fic 1120 cc injectors

Deatchwerks 300 fuel pump rewired

Caltex eflex

K&n panel filter std airbox

Ces racing exhaust turbo back split dump pipe screamer

Gsc s1 cams

Hypergear slss2 hi flow evo 9 turbo 25.5 psi 4400-4500rpm

post-79144-0-65073900-1392189204_thumb.jpg

Edited by hy_rpm

I should start building evo turbos. :rolleyes:

That configuration stopped making power on a Rb25det at 383rwkws E85 proper manifold and externally gated.

Take 15kws off for factory manifold and 30kws off for internal gate. Then I should have 338rwkws.

Take the Evo's 4WD trans lose (assume identical to a GTR) is 12% then the 285awkws is 319rwkws out of a RB. There should still be another 18kws that you can squeeze out.

I'd like to see a Mivec head on a 6/7/8 engine using the larger aftermarket TS turbine housing . Taos mentioned the losses of std manifolds and IWGs on RBs and I imagine you'd lose a bit more if RB25s didn't have the inlet cam switch even as basic as it is .

Anyhow Mivec tames things down at low revs and I think even in std form one of the cams is hotter than earlier factory ones . Taming down means less loss with healthier turbos but all business when the revs are up and cam timing switches to lets go get em mode .

Evo 9s were getting pretty heavy for a 2L car and Mitsy were using all the easy things to avoid adding more capacity .

Lots of aftermarket manifolds around for Evos now and I think FP is doing a larger bore cast manifold which would be handy if it looks std .

Possibilities .

I should start building evo turbos. :rolleyes:

That configuration stopped making power on a Rb25det at 383rwkws E85 proper manifold and externally gated.

Take 15kws off for factory manifold and 30kws off for internal gate. Then I should have 338rwkws.

Take the Evo's 4WD trans lose (assume identical to a GTR) is 12% then the 285awkws is 319rwkws out of a RB. There should still be another 18kws that you can squeeze out.

Didn't you say smaller engines usually make similar outright power but there just need more boost usually