SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

how about these ones?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200643935383

Also Stao you said the M10x1.25 would fit in your reply email, however people have confirmed it's M10x1.5 for the manfold to turbo studs

Didn't end up going with these then johnny? My studs keep warping and turbo keeps coming loose even with locknuts. Thinking about just shelling out for these things and see how they go.

Didn't end up going with these then johnny? My studs keep warping and turbo keeps coming loose even with locknuts. Thinking about just shelling out for these things and see how they go.

Get Iconel ones. I think they are the strongest you can get (someone correct me if im wrong)

Yeah they are a 'heat-proof' metal. If someone can point me in the direction of a M10x1.5 60+mm Inconel stud I would be more than happy to buy them.

I purchased the MTQ 'GT30' stud kit but the studs are only 35mm (from memory) and are obviously way too short to use.

Yes it is definitely the length that is the issue. I'm just surprised that I'm having the issue when it really doesn't seem to be that common when plenty of people run GT30's on a standard manifold.

Yes I am running a steel spacer and 2x T3 gaskets I got from denco diesel. The gaskets are just your average run of the mill gaskets. The only reason it keeps doing gaskets is that the turbo comes loose, losing its seal and the gaskets will obviously blow out before the cast iron does.

I have a feeling it may be something to do with my exhaust though. It is a hack-together job and is only being held on by a single hangar and moves around a fair bit. Getting a proper exhaust made up in the next few weeks so having it hang properly will help alleviate the warped studs I should hope.

Actually I did got another set in 1.5 pitch, sorted out the manifold then discovered 3x snapped studs on the head and a stripped holepost-22311-13908202979883_thumb.jpg

Yes it is definitely the length that is the issue. I'm just surprised that I'm having the issue when it really doesn't seem to be that common when plenty of people run GT30's on a standard manifold.

Yes I am running a steel spacer and 2x T3 gaskets I got from denco diesel. The gaskets are just your average run of the mill gaskets. The only reason it keeps doing gaskets is that the turbo comes loose, losing its seal and the gaskets will obviously blow out before the cast iron does.

I have a feeling it may be something to do with my exhaust though. It is a hack-together job and is only being held on by a single hangar and moves around a fair bit. Getting a proper exhaust made up in the next few weeks so having it hang properly will help alleviate the warped studs I should hope.

Pics of the gaskets? Poop gaskets can deteriorate with heat and will therefore let the tension off the nuts.

I had same problem with my td06 20g on the std manifold. I found that goin to a thicker sort of crush turbo gasket helped a lot (think it was mls). The single, realy thin stainless gaskets are rubbish.

Also stubbled across this on facebook. They might sell 4 studs on their own for the turbo side.

Racetune Inconel Studs now available! Pictured here is an RB20 RB25 RB26 RB30 kit featuring Inconel studs with rolled threads and stainless steel lock nuts. Why pay close to $120 for genuine Nissan junk made out of mild steel and guaranteed to break?

Get some Inconel studs for $220 delivered Australia wide.

Inconel is the same material that turbo shafts and blades are made out of and are highly heat and corrosion resistance.

Message us in Facebook or email [email protected] to order.

Pickup available from Vic.

1604833_484047461712182_1319447753_n.jpg
1510938_484047495045512_876865616_n.jpg
1522077_484047521712176_811877709_n.jpg
1526728_484047571712171_1975946329_n.jpg
Edited by dori33

I had same problem with my td06 20g on the std manifold. I found that goin to a thicker sort of crush turbo gasket helped a lot (think it was mls). The single, realy thin stainless gaskets are rubbish.

Also stubbled across this on facebook. They might sell 4 studs on their own for the turbo side.

Racetune Inconel Studs now available! Pictured here is an RB20 RB25 RB26 RB30 kit featuring Inconel studs with rolled threads and stainless steel lock nuts. Why pay close to $120 for genuine Nissan junk made out of mild steel and guaranteed to break?

Inconel is the same material that turbo shafts and blades are made out of and are highly heat and corrosion resistance.

Are the studs that hold the turbo on the same size as the manifold studs?

Manifold studs are M10, and from memory the end that goes into the manifold is M12x1.5 and the end that connects to the turbocharger is M12x1.25.

With the dump pipe studs, if using a ATR43xx bolton turbocharger, the one above the internal gate flapper has to bekept short. or it might be fouling against the gate. Preferably just a 20mm bolt

Those threads are cut, not rolled

From what i've read rolled threads are much stronger (rolling work-hardens the surface of the steel)

But i guess if the studs get hot enough it'll anneal it anyway, undoing the work-hardening process

I'm going to be trying a ss1.5 in my 180sx in a few weeks

I already have it but need to instal and get it tune hoping for atleast 270-280kw bolt on style two bolt comp housing

Gcg are now making a kit for sr low mount std manifold gtx3071r but 4inch intake will need fabwork to fit and cooler piping abit pricey but $1700-1800