SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yes, we did get the Adaptronic tuned running. The internally gated VNT turbocharger didn't work according to plan, but I did get plenty of data for further research work.

Regardless, VNT internally gated system is proven working, and have made a difference in turbocharger's response:

boost.jpg

If I have time finishing off the newer prototype, it will be trailed again on the 29th.

Finally got my car tuned. The thing pulls damn hard. Will get a dyno run in the next few weeks to see what its making, there may be a very slight exhaust restriction that is affecting (very slightly) the boost right up top, but feels pretty damn good anyway :D

It feels rediculous to me, easily spins the 265s on the rear in 2nd and can keep it going through 3rd. My tuner said he had a hard time smooting the boost because it was so aggressive lol....

love it so far. Going to see if i can get it on a dyno before I go back to work wednesday but may not happen between now and then

Reminds me of how I feel about my SS1PU :)

Honestly the dyno lies to me, comparing my cars to similar examples with non HG turbos just feels unfair. Mine is so raw and aggressive.

I can upgrade it to the current SS2 for $250 if you prefer, and ask M35scotty to do the external gated rear housing mod.

How ever I have picked up a lot more power from externally gating through factory exhaust manifold, it is preferred if you can do the same. See if Scotty can do that for you.

If the ss2 is better sure,

As for externally gating, that would be the new gate off the manifold you tested start of January yes?

Would you need to put a different rear housing on the turbo? Or do u just weld internal shut?

Also, i cant seem to find Scotty's details... i must be blind :S

Is he over east?

If the ss2 is better sure,

As for externally gating, that would be the new gate off the manifold you tested start of January yes?

Would you need to put a different rear housing on the turbo? Or do u just weld internal shut?

Also, i cant seem to find Scotty's details... i must be blind :S

Is he over east?

Isn't everyone over east? :P

Stao only uses one casting of .82 internal gate housing for skylines as far as I know, I have asked him for an external housing a few times but it would obviously blow the cost out, as he is tooled up to cnc the internal. I can weld a gate to the housing easily as I have a jig and know where the gate will clear. You would need to organise your own screamer/plumb back pipe locally.

I have to jig up a stock manifold for a suitable gate position still, so I can't really make one until I have an rb25 on the hoist, and a spare manifold. I was hoping to get over to Stao's to check his out, but he is the other side of the city, and we are both too busy atm. Hopefully I could sell it as a kit eventually with the gate and screamer pipe, but is there much of a demand for this setup? I would need to set up a cash back on return system for the old stock manifolds.

Welding off the housing would be best for shipping purposes obviously, and there are so many cheap options out there for housings now, like the stainless Vband Tial copies I use on my car, which make turbo/exhaust swaps so easy compared to the 6 bolt Nissan.

Isn't everyone over east? :P

Stao only uses one casting of .82 internal gate housing for skylines as far as I know, I have asked him for an external housing a few times but it would obviously blow the cost out, as he is tooled up to cnc the internal. I can weld a gate to the housing easily as I have a jig and know where the gate will clear. You would need to organise your own screamer/plumb back pipe locally.

I have to jig up a stock manifold for a suitable gate position still, so I can't really make one until I have an rb25 on the hoist, and a spare manifold. I was hoping to get over to Stao's to check his out, but he is the other side of the city, and we are both too busy atm. Hopefully I could sell it as a kit eventually with the gate and screamer pipe, but is there much of a demand for this setup? I would need to set up a cash back on return system for the old stock manifolds.

Welding off the housing would be best for shipping purposes obviously, and there are so many cheap options out there for housings now, like the stainless Vband Tial copies I use on my car, which make turbo/exhaust swaps so easy compared to the 6 bolt Nissan.

I has a few spare rb25 stock manifolds :D

So I upgraded to the SS2 after blowing my tr43i and got it tuned today here are the results. Made 343kw on 18psi on a very conservative tune it has much more in it if I wanted to but my aim was 350kw as more power is useless to me on my drift setup.

Comparing it to my old turbo the tr43i that made 340kw on 21psi with the same response but with more timing along with 3psi more and the turbo was really being pushed to its limit especially with the 0.63 rear. Overall very happy with the result as expected the turbo performed excellent. Also btw my setup consists of all the usual bolt ons, brae top mount mani and hypergear 50mm gate for ppl that dont know.

post-50426-0-79844200-1390380431_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-24964200-1390380494_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-59164700-1390380554_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

Since the turbo is being rebuilt , is it okay to get a blown turbo and send it to you to be rebuilt with the standard highflow service for $800 + gst?

Cant leave my car of the road to remove turbo so thought this would be the best option

From the website:

Condition of the donor turbo. Donor turbo can be blown, with broken fins, or damaged wheels. Cracked housings depending on the extend of damage has to be repaired prior profiling. Clients will be informed if repairing work is required, quotes will be given before additional work taking places.

So I upgraded to the SS2 after blowing my tr43i and got it tuned today here are the results. Made 343kw on 18psi on a very conservative tune it has much more in it if I wanted to but my aim was 350kw as more power is useless to me on my drift setup.

Comparing it to my old turbo the tr43i that made 340kw on 21psi with the same response but with more timing along with 3psi more and the turbo was really being pushed to its limit especially with the 0.63 rear. Overall very happy with the result as expected the turbo performed excellent. Also btw my setup consists of all the usual bolt ons, brae top mount mani and hypergear 50mm gate for ppl that dont know.

attachicon.gifsdfsdf.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3670.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3671.JPG

Good work spoke to Trent and he was talking about your car. Saw your car outside too!

Copy pasta

In for a tune with Trent today but got an issue I need to fix

So in for a tune on the new turbo.

But there is an underlying problem with the car. At this stage it may be the injectors. So we are going to pull them out and flow test them

In coming to this analysis we switched to e85 fuel, so will probably just stick with e85 fuel.

At this stage the car makes 315rwkw at 4,500 rpm. Trent thinks it will get close to 400rwkw once the issue is fixed.