SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The key to success is buy and work with quality. It took a while, I've managed to pickup a worked S14.5 with engine fully built by Forced motor works and tuned by Chequered Tuning that is very properly done with lots of goodies.

Gizzmo boost controller (tuned for 21psi running on 19)

Autometer wide band AFM

Boost gauge

7000km rebuilt engine with 260rwkws (built by forced motorworx)

BC 260 cams

Drift Exhaust manifold (low mount)

RAS (rocker arm stoppers)

CP pistons

BC rods

New turbo (Garrett 30-71)

700cc Nismo injectors

Nistune chip (tuned by chequred tuning) 260rwkws (with dyno sheet)

Custom air box

PWR radiator and intercooler (intercooler is inside engine bay so no chassis cutting)

Custom aluminum radiator overflow

Cusco front strut brace

HKS coil overs all round

Greddy oil sump

Spit fire coil packs

New varex exhaust system

100cell race cat

Z32 Air Flow Meter

In which will it be used in developing T2x based turbochargers for SR20det motors.

With VCT been cancelled. The GT3071R turbocharger in a .64 rear housing is horribly laggy for this SR20det. After driving it 63kms back, I have to admit:

RBs are Awesome.

Lets see if I can manage to same power with heaps better response.

car.jpg

enginebay.jpg

The key to success is buy and work with quality. It took a while, I've managed to pickup a worked S14.5 with engine fully built by Forced motor works and tuned by Chequered Tuning that is very properly done with lots of goodies.
In which will it be used in developing T2x based turbochargers for SR20det motors.

Good score Stao! Sounds like a fantastic platform.

Its horribly laggy. I have a dyno reading from Trent before went to see that car. It makes full boost at 4600RPMs. enough revs for me to pump 490rwkws out of the R33. Since its been sitting in garage for a long time I think its got some fuel pump issues cutting off randomly on boost . Its going to be taken back to Forced Motorworx for a full check up before pumping through 24psi.

Its horribly laggy. I have a dyno reading from Trent before went to see that car. It makes full boost at 4600RPMs. enough revs for me to pump 490rwkws out of the R33. Since its been sitting in garage for a long time I think its got some fuel pump issues cutting off randomly on boost . Its going to be taken back to Forced Motorworx for a full check up before pumping through 24psi.

Lol.

My stock SR20 with a GTX3071 in 0.82 makes boost before that. Something wrong in the setup.

Btw, saw a 180sx running a gt2871 trap 128mph... Full interior.

But yeah, super excited to see SR development. :)

If I can get VCT enabled that should make a huge amount of difference. Its currently on cam gears. need to get this fuel problem fixed first. So will come to that abit later. any one knows SR inside out in Melbourne whom's interested to do some work?

If I can get VCT enabled that should make a huge amount of difference. Its currently on cam gears. need to get this fuel problem fixed first. So will come to that abit later. any one knows SR inside out in Melbourne whom's interested to do some work?

If I was in Melbourne I could have helped you out

Know sr and s chassis fairly well

You will need a bigger walbro pump if you going to run e85 anyway and larger injectors

Go walbro e85 pump 460lph rewired and just get those 1200cc side feed injectors you got for the skyline work ok on s14/15

Get rid of that stainless manifold and put the std cast one back on as that will be where 500rpm lag will be and it's normal for the cropped t2 version gt3071r to come on boost at 4-4200rpm depending on boost

Get rid of those adjustible cam gears and put VCt gear back on will drive a lot better

Will my turbo be finished before the end of the year ? If not I'll just wait till January cause there might be delays in post anyway due to Christmas and new year thanks

whats the dags?, sounds like something sheep get...lol

cheers

darren

FKN LOL, missed that. What a dag!

Btw, saw a 180sx running a gt2871 trap 128mph... Full interior.

lol yeah more that I want to compare mine to this 260kw lag monster. Not that 117mph is crazy or anything haha

lol yeah more that I want to compare mine to this 260kw lag monster. Not that 117mph is crazy or anything haha

I want to head out to wsid again to test out my atr28g2 next wed before I take it off for the ss1.5

Hopefully should trap 123mph+ as last Time I only got 2 runs and my cooler hose kept blowing but managed 1 clean run on low boost 20psi but still got a 12.4 @ 120mph

Now I got the 20psi actuator and before my twin tip varex had a resonator in the tips which look to neck down to 2inch which I removed and the centre hotdog

Should go good hopefully I can get closer to the 11s

LOL @ SR circle jerk. I'M IN!!!

Haha, last outing I destroyed my clutch and am since still waiting. Japanese tracking either says its on the ship or in the ocean somewhere, I guess we will find out in another 7 or so weeks lol.

Yeah, should be able to do that. I have a track day this Thursday, so if nothing blows up, I'll be in.

Car was originally tuned at Unigroup (290 as well- their dynos are identical I've found from personal experience), however I use DVS Jez, and has been to him quite a bit. Stock S14 motor, incld headgasket. GTX3071R 0.82 housing, 6Boost, 44mm Tial. 289kw@18psi on 98.

Lets go and see what they do, if I make it through the gearbox! :P

Also, can i get a rollcall on who is using what dump pipes with their turbos. I was using a (very old) JJR Bellmouth with an internal gate SS2 and the wastgate flap was fouling on the dump.

Thinking about buying the same thing again, but want to see what others are running, as smoe form of boost control would be great :)

:woot: waoo 435rwkws with 200rwkws by 4000RPMs out of a Rb25det. Pretty crazy if you guys high flow a turbo to do this I high mount it.

i have the same turbo from kinugawa GT3570 / T04 hybrid

full boost at 3800 rpm with walbro 460lph pump and 1200cc injectors

this shit is insane at 28 psi