SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hmm well its not a BAD result, not at all.. 250kw all in between 3500-4000 is pretty good.

It definitely tells me that the turbo is doing its thing and its doing it well.. If there is a 'problem' it is somewhere else on the setup. A 2.5 is probably good for 270 max, and there is no guarantee that a given motor combo can draw the max from a given turbo.

Have you asked your tuner what could be causing it? I find its easier if you tell them it has a brand name turbo :) they tend to listen more and try harder when they think it has an expensive brand name on it, like Garrett or GReddy.

It is hard to determine, just like Garrett results on the dyno page are mixed. This particularly happens to turbos internal gate, factory manifold with simply bolt on setups. Turbo wise they all identical and pre-trailed. Yet results are mixed.

Since I have a Skyline my self, I do spend time in finding issues that could cause specific problems, do best to rectify through altering the physical shape and housings of the turbochargers, and keep customers informed.

Apart from the car it self and tune, some times the fuel it self also rise concerns. Some one in WA region mentioned a 70kws gain on E85 over pump 98, not only applying to one of ours but also a friends whom's using a 3076, final results between the two are minimum. That power difference in fuel some thing we could never get in Vic. Is it because the E85 fuel is extremely good in their region or is it the pump 98 fuel substandard.

Generally, by keep the induction and exhaust free flow as possible, good cooler, good fuel, correct engine timing, and a tuner is knowledgeable. The results usually be parable with controlled.

Hmm well its not a BAD result, not at all.. 250kw all in between 3500-4000 is pretty good.

It definitely tells me that the turbo is doing its thing and its doing it well.. If there is a 'problem' it is somewhere else on the setup. A 2.5 is probably good for 270 max, and there is no guarantee that a given motor combo can draw the max from a given turbo.

Have you asked your tuner what could be causing it? I find its easier if you tell them it has a brand name turbo :) they tend to listen more and try harder when they think it has an expensive brand name on it, like Garrett or GReddy.

This is very true didn't seem to matter how much I told them that the turbo is very good and has had a lot of testing done to be a proven performer they just kept saying nope the turbo is crap get a good one....

The tuner said that if they ran more boost it would ping/get too hot. I have done leak testing of my system and can't find any major leaks. Does slowly lose pressure over a a couple minutes though.

Some results sent through DMD tuning this evening:

From a high flowed Rb25det Neo turbocharger, supporting mods, pump 98 fuel

267rwkws.jpg

Seeing results like this make me wish I had stuck to highflowing my neo turbo would have been a little less hassle and would of gotten similar results although is that boost line accurate? Is that car really only running 16psi dropping down to 13 for that power?

This is very true didn't seem to matter how much I told them that the turbo is very good and has had a lot of testing done to be a proven performer they just kept saying nope the turbo is crap get a good one....

The tuner said that if they ran more boost it would ping/get too hot. I have done leak testing of my system and can't find any major leaks. Does slowly lose pressure over a a couple minutes though.

Seeing results like this make me wish I had stuck to highflowing my neo turbo would have been a little less hassle and would of gotten similar results although is that boost line accurate? Is that car really only running 16psi dropping down to 13 for that power?

Yes that's what the tuner sent in so I assume all the data are correct.

The G2.5 is a bigger turbocharger using a .82 rear housing, by high flowing a .63 OP6 turbined turbocharger I believe it will be straggling to pass 230rwkws on your car.

And not sure if this has been posted. It is a standard R33 21U high flow with current profile doing 271rwkws on pump 98 fuel. It does have a set of drop in pon cams.:

Note the actuator used is factory.

271rwkws.jpg

That's fairly standard.. what pressure actuator do you have on your turbo and what was minimum boost when you went for the tune.

Also, what tuner was it?

That's fairly standard.. what pressure actuator do you have on your turbo and what was minimum boost when you went for the tune.

Also, what tuner was it?

It is a 14psi actuator with the preload it has on it the turbo spikes to about 20 then tapers down to 17psi. Am using an MBC also.

Tuner was Hi-power racing in Slacks creek they are more Honda guys but the tuner they have there Ben does a lot of nistuning stuff

Well I can swap you with a current high flowed R33 turbocharger and physically set the wastegate to hold 20psi without any boost drops. If that don't make power you might want to have a look into the supporting mods you've got. Since you are in Brisbane, I recommend going to see DVSJEZ. PM through if interested of doing so.

Did some evaluation and testing today based on the differences those Tomei 264 / 9mm cams. In which Tomei should have done before considering selling those to the market.

The difference is. Well, 3Kws in power and 350RPMS in lag. By saying lag means Laggier with Tomei.

The Test turbo was a SS2 Alpha with VNT turbine.

My original result was:

powerall.jpg

boostall.jpg

Same turbo, Tomei 264 / 9 Cams:

power.jpg

boost.jpg\

^^^

Notice the difference in response from stock cams.

In conclusion the lose in response is 350rpms, which is greater then the gain using VNT turbine system, resulted in a laggier then usual 386rwkws. and I'm unsure of what those cams are good for, been secretly promoting them to few selected retailers, perhaps tomei haven't figured it out them selves. A T04Z or a School bus turbo perhaps.

Those cams will be shortly removed and auctioned off on ebay. I'm rather disappointed.

Yeah just 1psi but it also takes longer to reach if the boost is set higher but at 20psi it still got there at 3500rpm

See if Trent can overlay today's results vs std cams and will be a better comparison

True, how ever it is still playing the power / response trading game. As the down low area of the power curve is now shifted to mid top. SS2 Alpha is a very responsive turbocharger, if a standard SS2 is used then I won't be expecting 20psi till 4100rpms.

Tren't computer is some times unstable as it crashes. It crashed after we printed my last SS2 alpha run and lost the dyno plot, So we can only compare paper back at this stage.

Stao is a high flow r34 turbo a direct bolt back in?

Or does the size change and there for the water lines etc need a little adjusting?

High flow R34 turbocharger would bolt in straight. It will still need a tinny bit of a twick on the water lines, but not as much as whats on the SS1PU.