SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

+1 for the above - He really will.

Is that new thing suitable for, I dunno, some guy wanting to run a low mount smallish turbo at 28psi on a RB28 auto sedan? ;)

LOL you sir would likely be happier with a straight SS2.

However, the new highflow profile amazes me, and a PU version of that (.82 T3 rear housing) might just rock socks on your motor!

Got some feedbacks from the ATR43SS4 built as a Ford XR6 BA internally gated bolton turbocharger. Its doing 408rwkws on 18psi P98. I think the turbine end is maxing out, it really needs a large external gate for more power.

atr45billet547hp.jpg

It's not far off from what I can tell. We did some trial fitting and working out exhaust/wastegate configuration on the old engine.

Its probably slightly different but not a whole lot off. But I'd say the stock side mount manifold wouldnt be quite as tight

I cant remember what Stao's Brae manifold is off the top of my head?

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to go bigger then SS2 and go low mount, think again :P

my SS2 JUST fits, But it does fit, Engine is in the car now, cant wait to see how it goes

Nice. Does that manifold mount turbo in exactly stock location?

It's not far off from what I can tell. We did some trial fitting and working out exhaust/wastegate configuration on the old engine.

Its probably slightly different but not a whole lot off. But I'd say the stock side mount manifold wouldnt be quite as tight

I cant remember what Stao's Brae manifold is off the top of my head?

It's pretty much the same deal with the stock manifold, my SS2 fits but only just (on an R34). The actuator to chassis clearance is 1 or 2 mm so it's tight. Also due to the overall length of the turbo the intake and OEM intercooler piping will need some customisation. For a direct bolt-on a highflow is the easier option.

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to go bigger then SS2 and go low mount, think again :P

my SS2 JUST fits, But it does fit, Engine is in the car now, cant wait to see how it goes

Wow! Looks pretty cool, but pretty intense - I always kindof liked the idea of a low mount setup but after seeing a couple I'd say it'd be a pain if you had to change turbos haha. Out of interest, depending on what brand you go you can get a MASSIVE amount of power out of that size frame - even the 900hp FP3794HTA turbo uses the same housings as you have there, so I am sure inside and outside of the HG range there is plenty to move up to if you end up needing more power than the SS2 can give you.

Be good to see results :)

Im trying to keep it as legal and non sus as possible while still chasing decent power.

I know the 6boost hardly looks stock but at least theres not a turbo hanging up top lol. Power steering line is fouling on the joiner off the comp housing. Can kinda see it in the first photo. Thats about the only issue

Got some feedbacks from the ATR43SS4 built as a Ford XR6 BA internally gated bolton turbocharger. Its doing 408rwkws on 18psi P98. I think the turbine end is maxing out, it really needs a large external gate for more power.

atr45billet547hp.jpg

Stao..how about you make one with a Gt37 style turbine. like i said in my messages

a while back ...the rb30 boys would be able to use that aswell...Ill even test it on a mid 10 sec car..lol

cheers

darren

What was your result and why are you underwhelmed?

250rwkw. Hits hard about 3500/4000 which is good but after that the power just flattens out has no extra go at all pretty much gets the 250kw at 4500 and doesn't climb from there