SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hi every one I'm back to business. The Kia project in China is completed but disappointed in the way of how it has been organized, some of you might already seen my update on Facebook.

Updating with some video footages from xxxRicho's R33 running the latest R33 turbo high flow with 294rwkws (E85) at
21uhfvs.jpg

Motul ADVAN World Time Attack 2013 Club Sprint ending in 5th

Have any of you guys used the Kando oil/water line kit to fit up your SS1/SS2 turbos?

They state this is made for the stock turbo in the stock location.

Link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-Stock-T3-Nissan-Skyline-RB25DET-6AN-/271306380797?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2b1ed5fd&_uhb=1

Yea true.

Some updates on the new SS1PU turbocharger prototype that is due for trailing very soon. So basically I still want the current SS1PU's response but with a lot more power. Well here it is:

ss1pufront.jpg

ss1purear.jpg

What are the changes Stao?

I was thinking the turbine on your current highflow seems to be of made of stardust or something, and was wondering if that technology can be carried over the the SS1PU?

I flat out think a 2IU highflow on my SR would be crazy.. I'm so tempted to try.

The compressor is the newer gen 11 blade SS compressor I'm sure. They are all using that now.

But I notice Stao is actually using his T3 5 bolt rear housing, so that means the bearing case and turbine wheel are no longer the GT28 sized item.

Stao I am SERIOUSLY interested in this turbo... It may complement my T3 highmount setup I have lurking in the garage. Please share results ASAP!

Damn, you take a very impressive photo of a turbo haha..

Really considering getting a new turbo soon, as I am already sick of the t04e.. And think the seals are starting to leak a little.

Also not very good on the street, I know you said an sspu1.5 but that was a while back and maybe things have changed a little with the way there improved.

For an rb20det. I'm at 171kw and don't see and boost until about 4,400-4,600rmp.

Anything over 200kw and a little more responsive and I'll be stoked :)

Yellow jackets, Z32 afm & yellow jackets are also ready to go in when I have enough for a hypergear turbo + tune

This is a new turbine side design for a Rb25det it is different to whats in the standard high flows, I really want it to make more power with better response as if possible.

hy_rpm: I did make a 11 blade 60mm compressor wheel for the SR20det motors as well as a 64mm and a 68mm wheel. I believe the maximum that a SS1PU turbine can perform on a SR20det would be towards 250rwkws with cams on pump 98, so those are really targeting at the responsive end.

ZRBE: As for the RB20det my recommendation would be the 64mm billet SS1 turbocharger. it has similar response to a 2530 with abit more power.

• Like 1

We will stick to the original plan and I'll be using e85 so high boost 25psi

You suggested to try a ss1.5 fnt .86ar due to high boost and s14 comp housing so will be bolt on and go from there

260-270rwkw should be achievable if the turbine is capable of 250rwkw on pump 98

As pump usually caps the boost to 20psi as more than that is pushing it due to pinging and heat but e85 allows me to run 5psi more boost which should net me 25kw we see

Thanks

Also that's what I was after similar power and response to the hks2530 as that was my last turbo setup on my sr20det and I was happy with that it made 250rwkw on 22psi dropping 19psi on eflex full boost by 3400rpm

I was happy and wouldn't have changed it but the bearings got noisy in it

So would I be better with the .64 or with struggle with 25psi as that's what the 2530 had

Depending on whats struggling. At that boost level it could be the compressor or the turbine, I think its more of the compressor end. I've pmed you with some recommendations if you would like to trail them out. I'll be happy modifying them free to reach your performance target.