SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Dyno reading from another customer's R33 Rb25det GTST, Appears to be using the current profiled high flowed 21U Stock turbocharger. 271rwkws on pump 98 fuel and supporting mods.

I think the RPM scale is wrong:

271rwkw.JPG

Pretty impressive for a high flow. Im assuming thats the .82 rear housing? Thinking about going down this route in the future.

Just curious, What did you change in the 21U profile back in Junly?

I just checked my record, I PAID for mine at the post office on the 5th of July. Do you know if I would have the new one?

just curious because I'm getting organised to switch to e85

Edited by Blackkers

Hi guys, not really the place for silvias, but nissansilvia don't seem to share the hypergear love like you guys...

I finished fitting my hypergear ss1pu to my sr20 yesterday, and have finally been able to give it a bit of a drive. It's going in for a tune on Wednesday so I'll be able to put up some results after that.

So my old turbo was a 3071, which was a bit too laggy, but kicked hard when it came on; I decided that I wanted something a fair bit more responsive without sacrificing too much power, I was looking at a 2871 but have read that the quality is heading downhill blah blah, etc... When I found this thread, and read through all 442 pages, and spoke to some other members and eventually decided that the ss1pu was going to suit my needs.

It's an extremely different car to drive... before I would put the foot down in 2nd and have the wait/anticipation of full boost; which was great at the time, I'd never driven another turbo car (apart from diesel utes), so I thought this was the bomb. Until yesterday I hadn't driven a car with a responsive turbo either, so I went into it unsure what to expect. At first, I was a little disappointed... power delivery was so smooth, it almost felt underpowered because it just didn't have the same kick as the old turbo; but as I drove further, I started to enjoy the difference. It feels like this turbo makes positive boost pressure around 2,000rpm, and still pulls right to 7,000, its like having an extra 2,500rpm of boost which makes the gears feel endless. Still yet to see what it's like on long trips, 3,500rpm at 100km/h I dare say I'll be at around 12psi :unsure: Anyway, results will be up soon, hoping for 220kw @ 18psi on 98, anything more than that is a bonus, anything less, well that's life, it's still a bit of fun.

/long post.

Edited by Trib

Sounds good keep us posted with results and post a dyno graph

What other mods you got? so we can compare results

I'm trying out the ss1.5 soon once stao gets more wheels made up on my sr20 180sx

Edited by hy_rpm

Just curious, What did you change in the 21U profile back in Junly?

+1 I bought mine back in March (wow) but have yet to fit it. Curious what the changes are to allow more power, did low-end response suffer at all?

+1 I bought mine back in March (wow) but have yet to fit it. Curious what the changes are to allow more power, did low-end response suffer at all?

This is about as responsive as you would want to go id reckon. The stocker was responsive too but it was 20 years old. The high flow is better in everyway. If you want to compare, the 21u gets 1 bar by roughly 2900rpm in 5th

I have made a very different rear wheel for the new high flow, it is bigger as the housing is small, the exducer blade has aso been extended to avoid lag, it worked as expected in terms of gain both power and response. I'm very Keen to see what it does with .82 rear housing, will conduct more evaluations after I get back.

This is about as responsive as you would want to go id reckon. The stocker was responsive too but it was 20 years old. The high flow is better in everyway. If you want to compare, the 21u gets 1 bar by roughly 2900rpm in 5th

Yep I am looking forward to getting it all fitted, life has gotten in the way lately. I'm sure a March 21U will still wake my engine up in a big way :)

I have made a very different rear wheel for the new high flow, it is bigger as the housing is small, the exducer blade has aso been extended to avoid lag, it worked as expected in terms of gain both power and response. I'm very Keen to see what it does with .82 rear housing, will conduct more evaluations after I get back.

Thanks Stao, that's interesting stuff. If you're happy to show a comparison photo that would be great too!

Finally got my SS1PU installed and tuned, been driving it for about a week now and very pleased with how it turned out. I went for a road & dyno tune with Toshi in Sydney - he was very thorough and highly recommended from me

Dyno'd at 252rwkw @ ~18psi, hitting fullboost at 3500-3600rpm in 4th, with around 730nm max torque. Great turbo if you're wanting loads of response!

• Like 1

Their printer had almost no coloured ink left but I traced over the very faint gray line, here's a 248.7kw run:

car: (z32/nistune ECU, nismo 555cc, nismo fuel pump, blitz fmic, z32 afm, yellow jackets, greddy profec B, scotty 80mm intake)

WzS4NWR.jpg

How do I embed photos?

Got my s14 tuned today with a hypergear ss1pu, bit of a disappointing result, but that's more to do with my setup unfortunately.

Photo speaks for itself, high boost, low power, choking for some reason, new exhaust coming.

IIRC results were: 188kw @ 14psi, 200kw @ 15psi, 203kw @ 18psi, 208kw @ 23psi

http://s702.photobucket.com/user/Joey92_4020/media/20131107_165404.jpg.html

Edited by Trib