SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Ok, those look like the new ones. Mine are remanufactured Denso/OEM and look like this: http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product.php?productid=17275&cat=335&page=1

Speaking of injectors don't buy deatschwerks , they pop and misfire like crazy at low duty cycles, great power with no det, decent economy (14-16L/100km with 260kw) but yeah pop pop pop at idle and cruise.

Did you mean decent economy as in good economy?

I was getting 14L/100km or less around with Nismo 555's and about the same power level and the thing was running rich. I had a massive buildup of carbon in my dump pipe when I pulled it off and the thing used to shoot flames all that time

The deatschwerks were one of my backup options if I ever needed to upgrade from my new 740's so interested to hear some more feedback.

you got a plenum already so get some top feeds Cal..a full set will be much less than sidefeeds so spend 100$ on a rail...or you can just use a NEO rail which ahs the reg built in....@ 300kws on a highway run I get as good as 10L/100km on ethanol with 750cc xspurts... ;)...

cold starts still use alot of juice though and kill around town economy but thats ethanol..still gets around 15L/100 though...my petrol tune uses much less

Which Deatschwerks are you using, the older high flows or the current generation ones ( like these http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/skyline/neo-rb25det/1998-02-neo-rb25det )? I have a set of 800cc high flows with SS2 and a similar power level. The only popping I'm getting is occasionally when lifting off rapidly on high boost. They seem to idle fine.

The new generation ones, I got the R33 replacements, what ECU are you using? I'm using nistune however Jaustech here in Adelaide are also having the same problems as me on another set of 740cc's running E85.

Edited by Rolls

you got a plenum already so get some top feeds Cal..a full set will be much less than sidefeeds so spend 100$ on a rail...or you can just use a NEO rail which ahs the reg built in....@ 300kws on a highway run I get as good as 10L/100km on ethanol with 750cc xspurts... ;)...

cold starts still use alot of juice though and kill around town economy but thats ethanol..still gets around 15L/100 though...my petrol tune uses much less

I looked at going top feed. The injectors are alot cheaper but the initial setup costs more then a new set of sidefeeds. When I got screwed over with being Nismo 740's off someone on here, So I cut my loses and bought some new 740's

Maybe next time lol but I'll probably go side feed again :P

I managed 9.9L/100km with my car once. But only once lol. Was a big achievment

I looked at going top feed. The injectors are alot cheaper but the initial setup costs more then a new set of sidefeeds. When I got screwed over with being Nismo 740's off someone on here, So I cut my loses and bought some new 740's

Maybe next time lol but I'll probably go side feed again :P

I managed 9.9L/100km with my car once. But only once lol. Was a big achievment

not just cheaper ..better...

Sorry I'm currently in China working into the KIA project as well as some of VW turbo systems. I will be back in two weeks.

Workshop is running as usual, if you can't find me over the phone please email or PM your inquiry though I usually reply within 24 hours. Thanks.

The 1200cc injectors worked fine on my R33 so if any one's looking for a set of high capacity cheap dropins, they are fine.

Edited by hyper-gear

For anyone interested these are my recent results of before and after on my rb25 with a hypergear tr43i. Red line was previous results and blue line is new, changes were brae hi mount manifold , convert turbo to external gate with hypergears 50mm wastegate.

Car made more power, more torque and better response. Also feedback for the fiveomotorsport 1000cc injectors they were perfect so another positive result for them.

post-50426-0-79804100-1382501459_thumb.jpgpost-50426-0-02081900-1382501468_thumb.jpg

Dyno reading from another customer's R33 Rb25det GTST, Appears to be using the current profiled high flowed 21U Stock turbocharger. 271rwkws on pump 98 fuel and supporting mods.

I think the RPM scale is wrong:

271rwkws.jpg

Yeah maybe. They couldnt get an RPM signal from my car for some reason when they dynoed it (ages ago) so maybe it just defaulted to roller speed. Funny that it looks exactly half what the engine speed should be though

makes it look impressive anyway, full boost at just over 2000rpm lol