SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The injectors are good. haven't experienced any issues yet.

What have you run them with? Does Trent have any feedback?

Even my tuner knocked them, but he didn't realise that I was running a set.. I find it funny because he made such a point to tell me how good EVERYTHING in my car was, in that it gave him ZERO issues. I guess that includes the injectors, :P right?

It should be known that I get great economy and perfect drivability with them AND my awesome Hypergear turbo.

What have you run them with? Does Trent have any feedback?

Even my tuner knocked them, but he didn't realise that I was running a set.. I find it funny because he made such a point to tell me how good EVERYTHING in my car was, in that it gave him ZERO issues. I guess that includes the injectors, :P right?

It should be known that I get great economy and perfect drivability with them AND my awesome Hypergear turbo.

Just chucked my 1000s in and set them up on the pfc and idled perfectly like stock so far so good next week will see how go on the tune.
  • Like 1

Just chucked my 1000s in and set them up on the pfc and idled perfectly like stock so far so good next week will see how go on the tune.

Awesome news dude. Be sure to get feedback from your tuner and post up.

Well that's the thing. The pattern should directly effect the quality of the burn, but my plugs say my motor runs mint.

I am not convinced they do have a bad pattern. I am more so thinking there is a fall back policy being made should they become pooey later in the life cycle. Sort of like an 'I told you so' for when you come and say 'my cars not right'.

Plug condition won't always tell the story. The quality of the atomisation can affect things like how prone the engine is to detonation and therefore how much you can lean on it during tuning and ultimately how much power it makes. If you have a good, wide and fine spray pattern then you end up with decently even mixture distribution. If you have a rough and coarse spray, then you will get regions in the cylinder that are richer and leaner than they should be, which will will all average out in the wash (ie the overall burn is the right mixture and so the plugs don't show any bad signs), but mean that you can't lean on it as hard.

AFR at the tail pipe I agree, comes out in the wash, but effect on the plug I disagree.

The plug is in the very cylinder which you yourself said will have rich and lean zones, causing heat spots and therefore risk of detonation. That would show on the plug, rather than having a perfectly clean electrode and a nicely carbon dusted outer, especially after a very wide range of unforgiving driving.

No, my point is that it won't detonate if you don't push it to. Better injectors means that it can be pushed harder. In both cases the tuner stops pushing before he sets it up to fail, but the better injector'd case will be making better power. There may be slight differences in the plugs from the differences in mixture distribution, but surely no-one can read plugs that well that they'd be able to tell that one set of injectors was better than they other. If they're not melted and they're not all black or badly whitened, then they'll just look like plugs.

The thing is a poor spray pattern has to have some negative effects, otherwise why would it be considered bad and why would engineers try to design injectors with better atomisation? Not dating it would be a huge effect, but there has to be one.

Edited by superben

But wheres the actual proof that the fiveomotorsport ones have a poor spray pattern? from what ive heard everyone thats run them on various cars has always said they are great. Its true there are dodgy hiflows out there but doesnt meant all of them are.

Speaking of injectors don't buy deatschwerks , they pop and misfire like crazy at low duty cycles, great power with no det, decent economy (14-16L/100km with 260kw) but yeah pop pop pop at idle and cruise.

Edited by Rolls

Speaking of injectors don't buy deatschwerks , they pop and misfire like crazy at low duty cycles, great power with no det, decent economy (14-16L/100km with 260kw) but yeah pop pop pop at idle and cruise.

Which Deatschwerks are you using, the older high flows or the current generation ones ( like these http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/skyline/neo-rb25det/1998-02-neo-rb25det )? I have a set of 800cc high flows with SS2 and a similar power level. The only popping I'm getting is occasionally when lifting off rapidly on high boost. They seem to idle fine.

Which Deatschwerks are you using, the older high flows or the current generation ones ( like these http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/skyline/neo-rb25det/1998-02-neo-rb25det )? I have a set of 800cc high flows with SS2 and a similar power level. The only popping I'm getting is occasionally when lifting off rapidly on high boost. They seem to idle fine.

nah...rolls has the 740 sidefeeds iirc...

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/sport-compact/nissan/skyline/rb25det/1993-98-rb25det