SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

For power and response on RB20det SS1 or SS1.5 .64 is perfect and made for that engine. Those two are highly recommended over high flowing. Alternatively yes we can also high flow the stock turbocharger to be responsive which will be maxing around 200rwkws mark.

Around 200rwk is fine Stao, response is more important to me. What would be more responsive the rb20 highflow or SS1 or SS1.5, or a highflow with one of the SS billet comp wheels?

Result sent in from another customer. This time it is a ATR43SLSS2 turbocharger in a 8cm turbine. It is fitted on to a FJ20det engine in a Datsan 1600. With supporting mods final result of 257rwkws on pump 98 fuel.

257rwkwFJ20.png

Im not really sure mate didn't get much info bar the wastegate having no boost control. I will mension this to him tomorrow and see what he has to say and report back :)

Annoying only finding it once it went onto the dyno >_<

With the bolt on SS2, Just had a quick chat with Trent today. The boost became controllable after the long stud securing the dump pipe was replaced with a shorter one. The car is currently sitting at 20psi and making 301rwkws on pump 98 fuel.

He also said the gate is only restricted to a 40 degrees swing which they were engineered and checked to 70 degrees. I'm not sure if the long stud has forced its way into and bent the wastegate assembly that made the disc catching on to the rear casting, which I understand it would be torqued up tightly. Trent is trying to lower 3psi and fill in a little bit of extra timing. I will be heading down there to inspect the turbocharger on Thursday and it will be checked out and repaired by then.

Some updates from SS-4 Alpha ptotoype 1.

This turbocharger made 465rwkws on 24psi maxing out the 850cc injectors that is installed without gain additional lag. With a set of 1200ccs on 29psi it should be getting very close to 500rwkws mark. Big thanks to chequered tuning again.

Thick yellow is from today, the rest is the controlled run.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Holy shit.

I'm no expert but for 450 at the wheels (with 500 potentially possible) that thing looks mighty responsive. Of course it's tardy, but to be ramping hard from under 4k suggests it's not the undriveable lag monster one might assume. Did you drive it on the road, Stao?

Got any pics of it installed?

Not just the KW'S take a look at the FARKING TORQUE. Its incredible. And to have it coming on so early is a good result. What ar. Rear housing on this Stao? (Sorry if already stated).

Those new tomei camshafts seem to be doing there job also. Is there any lumpyiness to the idle with 264's in&out 8.9 lift or is it still quite smooth? TOP WORK STAO. YOU DESERVE A PWT ON THE BACK FOR ALLVYOUR EFFORT MATEY :)

JOSH

Its definitely not laggy for the power but you think a 200+kw surge of power from 4K-5K would be "driveable?" Lol! I know the dyno only tells half the story as cars still drive different on the road than when they are being loaded up on a dyno, but I think after that initial 200kw WHACK the power looks quite linear and then the "driveability" begins. Awesome result Stao :) very impressive power & response indeed!

Wish you could add some BB billet goodness to an evo 9 turbo for me cos id be all over it! :(

Edited by Mick_o

Hey have a look at the kando evo 9 turbo with billet comp wheel

My brother has bought one to try on his evo 8 and step one cams

That is as awesome result

Is that still the same cast one you trialed before ?

It's ceramic bearing and vnt but std cast compressor

Thanks for the tip mate but im kinda after a more "special" Ive thrown nothing but the best gear in the evo and its paid off with my results so far :) what kinda power did ya bro's 8 make with the kando?

Certainly a mixed of pessimistic and positive comments.

Well this is the first SS4CBB Alpha prototype evaluation, so nothing is set to be final at this stage.

This thread is dedicated to turbocharger innovations for Nissan 2.5L Rb25det engines. Which power delivery behavior or results in similar HP range gathered from other engines are not helpful.

Taking account of your comment Micky_o. With the Mickey T tires it is quite driveable, in which it did has a smooth start following a very aggressive pull. It is different to the ATR45 trail in Feb, which had a much heavier exhaust note, with a sudden pull behavior.

A set of 1200cc injectors are coming for the next tune, I will add some alterations to the current turbine system. The goal would be shifting the same amount of power 300RPM left of the scale.

Nice result, looks like a bit of a beast so far - be interesting to see how it goes with the bigger injectors!

What kind of price would this kind of thing be going for?

Yeah the results look fantastic hey LITHIUM, ESPECIALLY once the new injectors go in and he pushes that extra 5psi+ into it. :) I asked Stao a price and he said the 2.5g mark.