SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Here's controlled run from today. The maximum power reached was 445rwkws with 25psi @ 4500RPMs.

No, its not responsive for a daily, how ever not bad considering the peek power it managed. This is our base run using standard cast compressor wheel, my billet wheel versions will be act against the result above, and the desired out come would be for better power and response. 460rwkws with 25psi by 4300RPM would be a nice goal to reach

Is that using a ball bearing core? Looks quite reminiscent of a typical .82a/r cast GT3582R result

Yes this is a ball bearing core, this turbocharger is direct replacement of a XR6 BA so it is in fact same as a 3582R.

We did comparisons against an actual 3582 in .82 rear on RB25det, they are roughly 400RPMs laggier, which is similar to the Thick yellow curve from few weeks ago, how ever not a lot of differences in terms of power delivery curve.

Those cams, I have a feeling that they've made the car laggier compare to stock items, Which I'm aware SR20dets do pickup quite a bit of lag by going larger.

the .70 is even laggier. I've trailed both on road. However .70 housing should give me little bit more top end. The run above is running a .50 cover. The other run compared to was a GT3582 in a .82 turbine which I presume in a .70 comp.

This is a base run to compare the billet wheels with. Not all drawings works and some performed worse then standard. So this is a base curve to compare to.

Hey all, i fitted my SS2 internal gate to my car and dump and it appeared it was all fine but trent from chequred tuning just tried to tune my caar and said the wastegate flap is getting stuck closed as it is fouling on the dump pipe. My dump pipe is a JJR Bellmouth item exactly the same as this http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18178

Has anyone had an issue with this before, as i cannot remember reading about it anywhere. Just wanting to make sure it is this before i pay to have it fixed and find it's not the issue. Trent said he ran it up on the dyno and it went straight to 30psi hahahaha

I'm aware the JJR's dump don't match gasket 100%. Here's a small tutorial on how to fix it:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page__st__6340

Or could be the stud is to long unless the lever is hitting on the outside part of the dump pipe. did Trent had a play or unload the actuator? Unhook the actuator and see if it can be opened freely by hand.

What sort of power did it make on 30psi?

be interesting if during you ss4 development you could grab one of those

gtx3540 copy billet wheels that are for sale everywhere to throw into the mix

to see where your wheels stand next to a gtx3540

be also interesting if once you found you perfect comp wheel for the ss4

if you then tried it with a gt3788 type turbine to see what effect it had on

the comp wheel with less backpressure

cheers

darren

I'm aware the JJR's dump don't match gasket 100%. Here's a small tutorial on how to fix it:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page__st__6340

Or could be the stud is to long unless the lever is hitting on the outside part of the dump pipe. did Trent had a play or unload the actuator? Unhook the actuator and see if it can be opened freely by hand.

What sort of power did it make on 30psi?

Im not really sure mate didn't get much info bar the wastegate having no boost control. I will mension this to him tomorrow and see what he has to say and report back :)

Annoying only finding it once it went onto the dyno >_<

be interesting if during you ss4 development you could grab one of those

gtx3540 copy billet wheels that are for sale everywhere to throw into the mix

to see where your wheels stand next to a gtx3540

be also interesting if once you found you perfect comp wheel for the ss4

if you then tried it with a gt3788 type turbine to see what effect it had on

the comp wheel with less backpressure

cheers

darren

Well the larger the blades are engineered the more HP it makes and laggier it gets.

I'm retrieving the size of the wheel while increasing the blade size for better response. 450rwkws is plenty, I want it to delivery the power in a away that is smooth and drive able as daily.

Im not really sure mate didn't get much info bar the wastegate having no boost control. I will mension this to him tomorrow and see what he has to say and report back :)

Annoying only finding it once it went onto the dyno >_<

Please ask Trent to unhook the actuator and see if the gate free moves by hand. If so then just unload the actuator and see if the boost controlling device is working.

I believe this is as responsive as I can get a 3540 to be in its original form by altering its housing while not trading off the top end power.

Since the configuration of the housings are set, I will then work on the wheels matching up the same sort of HP while not trading off response. Pretty much all other compressor wheels are developed based on the same way.

Some update from tuner Toshi. This is the first result from our updated highflow profile, Which has a set of customized wheels.

quoted from Toshi's thread: R33 Hypergear R33 hiflow turbo, Z32 ecu nistune 241kw at 15psi

Looks like its out of injectors, at 20psi it is expected another 20~25kws gain.

HxhBLzW.jpg?1?7643

I'm not too concert about peek power, however quite pleased with its boosting behavior. In which it did manage to hold straight to red line without tapering.

For power and response on RB20det SS1 or SS1.5 .64 is perfect and made for that engine. Those two are highly recommended over high flowing. Alternatively yes we can also high flow the stock turbocharger to be responsive which will be maxing around 200rwkws mark.