SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Sorry if I missed it but what tyres did you run? Good result with potential, bring on the 11s!

Pretty sure he said MickyTs somewhere :)

Tested the atr28g2 on the 180sx today at wsid

Was very busy and only managed one decent run

On 20psi boost got 12.4 at 120mph shit 60ft 2.2 had abit if wheel spin on launch

Tried high boost 24psi but blew a cooler hose off and ruined the run also track temps were 30c in the middle of the day

Will be definately heading back in a few weeks on a Wednesday night when it's cooler and hopefully crack that Dam 11s

Still got 4-5psi in it so maybe 20kw and will let down the Tyres down more as I got et streets and was on 30psi try 25 or less psi

Very nice -that is on E85, right? That has definite 11s potential, especially on high boost!

255/50/16 on 300zx stockies

The difference they make is massive

If you thought you car was fast before once you try these you will be amazed

You can flat foot it in first gear and smash it in second no wheel spin at all just a chirp

255/50/16 on 300zx stockies

The difference they make is massive

If you thought you car was fast before once you try these you will be amazed

You can flat foot it in first gear and smash it in second no wheel spin at all just a chirp

Nice! And yeah i have been told getting grip through the first couple of gears really makes it feel like a different car, i cant get mine off the line no matter what i try so to have this sort of grip would just be nuts!!! :woot: well done.... Oh, much of a burnout prior to the run?

LOL Do a little one Matt. Just enough to get the crap off your tyres and get a tiny bit of heat into them.

The drive back from the end of the strip is through the burnout patch so you pick up heaps of shit box grubbyness and bits of rooted rubber.

Just do a little one to get SOME heat into the tyres and clean the crap off. Don't pinch the brakes too hard though, or you will fry the VLSD like I did on my 13.0 pass :) Single pegged off the line.

LOL Do a little one Matt. Just enough to get the crap off your tyres and get a tiny bit of heat into them.

The drive back from the end of the strip is through the burnout patch so you pick up heaps of shit box grubbyness and bits of rooted rubber.

Just do a little one to get SOME heat into the tyres and clean the crap off. Don't pinch the brakes too hard though, or you will fry the VLSD like I did on my 13.0 pass :) Single pegged off the line.

No single pegging with the Nismo but thanks for the tips ;)

I found tyre pressure had more of an effect than length of burnout for myself. When doing a burnout I'd just keep it going until the rears started really pushing the car forward, or if I've head a couple of seconds of solid smoke - whichever came first... then slowly let it creep then release the brake and just nail the throttle because it's fun and you get a bit of a hint of what kind of hook up you may get when you launch, to decide how hard to feed it to it off the line.

I found tyre pressure had more of an effect than length of burnout for myself. When doing a burnout I'd just keep it going until the rears started really pushing the car forward, or if I've head a couple of seconds of solid smoke - whichever came first... then slowly let it creep then release the brake and just nail the throttle because it's fun and you get a bit of a hint of what kind of hook up you may get when you launch, to decide how hard to feed it to it off the line.

You know if i do this i am likely to end up in the grandstand? :P

Lol I don't mean keep in it for ages :P Just enough to get a launch off your burnout then get off it again before you end up in a tree/grandstand/half way up the dragstrip ;)

I only have a shimmed stock VLSD and normal street tyres on mine, so a big dirty burnout like that was more likely to cook the oil in the diff or make the tyres really greasy lol

What was really fail for me is that I had good traction on my first 2 runs but had bad boost cut, and on my cleanest run I spun like an idiot lol.

Lol I was clearly addressing his question regarding warming up the MTs :P Besides, if you have the power to run 120mph+ on road tyres with a RWD then you are clearly just there for the burnouts!

Oh wait, 114mph... nvm ;)

LOL 115 thank you very much!

As a response to this comment I have emailed unigroup about a time to bring the car in and amend the tune :P I will see if it can be done on a Wednesday so I can make the most of the trip ;)

Lol I don't mean keep in it for ages :P Just enough to get a launch off your burnout then get off it again before you end up in a tree/grandstand/half way up the dragstrip ;)

:laugh:

Lol I was clearly addressing his question regarding warming up the MTs :P Besides, if you have the power to run 120mph+ on road tyres with a RWD then you are clearly just there for the burnouts!

Oh wait, 114mph... nvm ;)

:rofl:

LOL 115 thank you very much!

:whistling:

As a response to this comment I have emailed unigroup about a time to bring the car in and amend the tune :P I will see if it can be done on a Wednesday so I can make the most of the trip ;)

Awesome - I am sure you'll keep us updated :)

Might be a good idea to see if VCT can be enabled in your S14, that makes a very noticeable difference in how the car behaves down low, they appears to work fine with Tomei drop in Pon cams.

Some video footages from David at the latest Stadium drift competition at Wakefield NSW.

Its a Laurel with Rb25det and our standard high flow profiled turbocharger. Tuned by Toshi.