SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

To help....

Results are on page 340, you can see these are highmount E85 results:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page-340

Stao is anticipating the smaller compressor will be more responsive than a SS1PU on an SR20 and will max out at 260kw/98, but in test it was similar in response to the SS1PU and maxed at 298kw/E85.

As you can see on page 351 the SS1PU maxed at 322kw/E85 and was similarly as responsive:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page-351

comp2.JPG

^^^^

Because when my mechanic installed the cams and cam belt, he accidentally aligned the crank pully at the wrong spot, which worked out to be few teeth on both cam gears. So it did lots of weird stuff on the dyno today, maded 434rwkws @ 24psi with a strange looking curve.

The mechanic was happy to go over the problem, it is now fixed. The car drive much better and the turbocharger is alot more aggressive and responsive. Will do one more dyno run at it after Trent gets back from China.

My turbo arrived today Stao FYI. Im in sydney at the moment but I was sent a photo. Looks a bit meaner then it used to :P very cool

Ill try and grab some photos when I get home

Trent needs to do training courses for the Chinese students going back home. :P

So the belt was a couple of teeth out and it still made 434, nice one... I guess that is why you don't try and rush timing belt setups though. Shame on Springy...

They are pretty good guys, every one make mistake some times, the importance is in the remedy. They did what the could, how ever the cost in time is irreparable.

That left me with more time in developing the sequential variable geometry turbine housings. theory is half of the nozzles actives on at 10psi while the other half does on 16psi. This is again a very time consuming project and very costly in developments.

Trial result is very promising. I'm currently using it with a ATR43G4BB (GT3582 replica built as a BA replacement) Turbocharger that previously made a very laggy 431rwkws. Under SVNT system it run like as if it is on a XR6 BA. Its crazily responsive and huge amount of torque, that wheel span the Micky Thompson in 4th.

At this stage the effects of those cams are unknown, it feels very close to the SS3 Alpha, probably be on 20psi by 4200rpms while pulling off 450rwkws, if those cams does what Tomei promised to do.

I had a browse through the thread but I can't find anyone running my turbo on e85

I'm running the 21U R33 highflowed on a standard RB25det. Just curious how this setup goes on E85?

I know what it's capable of on 98 but I'm going to have to upgrade my fuel system anyway.

If anyone could suggest a set of injectors that would suit this that would be awesome!

Edited by Blackkers

I had a browse through the thread but I can't find anyone running my turbo on e85

I'm running the 21U R33 highflowed on a standard RB25det. Just curious how this setup goes on E85?

I know what it's capable of on 98 but I'm going to have to upgrade my fuel system anyway.

If anyone could suggest a set of injectors that would suit this that would be awesome!

I imagine it would be capable of 280kw without too much stress.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-1200cc-JECS-Fuel-Injectors-Nissan-300ZX-VG30-Skyline-RB25-Flow-Matched-E85-/370793342042?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item565501645a&_uhb=1

I use the same brand of injector as above in my SR20 and they are faultless. Extremely good value for money and they come with a spec sheet which tells you the serial number and flow rate of each individual injector.

I would not run the 1200s on a Nistune or PFC though, I would want to have an adaptronic or better. If you have a Nistune or PFC you can get the 850s from them like I did, and they work a treat. E85 power with 850s should stop at the 350kw mark.

Thanks for your help mate sounds awesome. I'm running nistune.

1200 is way beyond my powergoal. However those injectors are pretty sweet value.

I'll take a look at the 850s or similar sizing thanks.

Do you know off the top of your head what fuel pump people are running for this kind of power goal with E85?

I have a Walbro GSS342 (the super common 500HP model) which is brand new however I doubt it could keep up with the e85 flow level

Edited by Blackkers

I've used their 650ccs in the past and worked out fine. With the 1200cc my only concern would be how good they are on idle. I've had a set of 850cc injectors years back and they were pretty rough.

My current injectors are power enterprise 850ccs, and they are sweet, except I'm aware that power enterprise dose not make their own injectors, I believe they are probably some sard items.

I can confirm my cammed idle is beautiful with the 850s, and I know powertune have done a LOT of cars using those 1200s too. The only feedback I got on this topic was to stay under 1kcc on the Nistune regardless of the brand. So far that has worked well for me.. Otherwise I would have had no fear to run the 1200s like so many others have.

Stao maybe you should stock these and sell them as a pack with turbos and ecus :-) get Trent to build a basic tune for I and sell them as a plug in.

I can confirm my cammed idle is beautiful with the 850s, and I know powertune have done a LOT of cars using those 1200s too. The only feedback I got on this topic was to stay under 1kcc on the Nistune regardless of the brand. So far that has worked well for me.. Otherwise I would have had no fear to run the 1200s like so many others have.

Stao maybe you should stock these and sell them as a pack with turbos and ecus :-) get Trent to build a basic tune for I and sell them as a plug in.

Goddamn it. I literally just purchased and installed a set of Xspurt 1000cc's from Scotty and will be running them with a R34 GT-T Nistune. I asked on here and searched the forums and everyone said they would be sweet with the Nistune >_<

Don't fret! The xspurt are a top notch injector, above par for sure. They are a properly flow matched set of Bosch EV14.

I put a set of off the shelf EV14 in my brother's sigma off a basic EMS stinger and they idle better than the OEM spec 500s it had prior. Definite improvement and it is yet to be fully tuned.

The ID or Xspurt injectors are a top class injector, so you should still be fine with the nistune and a careful tuner.

Can confirm. My ID1000's worked fine on my old Nistune. The idle is better with the Link for sure, but I doubt that was solely because of the injectors. The car never idled perfectly with the Nistune.

Great idea! If you did that i would be your first customer :D

^ that would be a good deal too you know...

Adaptronic plug in with 1200cc Five-O injectors, tuned to safe margins for a given turbo and sold as a package.

It wouldn't be tuned to ten tenths of its potential as you still need to compensate for the quality of peoples intercoolers and exhaust systems but I would be damn sure it is a predictable outcome. You could have 240kw plug in highflow kits rolling out the door, 250kw SS1PU kits, 280kw SS2/G3 kits... People can use this as a base tune that works AS IS or give it to their tuner needing a simple tidy up to push for MAXIMUM power.

I think this is a good idea! HKS and other outfits have done this in the past, so I can't see why you can't too :)

I would gladly pay $3,000 for a bolt on turbo with ECU and injectors ready to plug and play on a car which has a TBE, 3" intake, FMIC and fuel pump.

• Like 1

Well for people whom have purchased our turbos I offer cost price on every thing else, it makes a pretty much bolton kit.

Here is some thing unusual, a externally gated plumb back turbine housing for stock exhaust manifold. Its only a roughly model that I made up with scraps laying around. it might work better then the current actuators.

IMAG2028.jpg

IMAG2029.jpg

I would want to see results of that Stao :) I have an R33 build coming up which will definitely be getting a hypergear turbo. The results of that housing will help me decide which turbo.