SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao quick question. Its really pointless but thought I'd ask.

The green XR6T known as toxic has a bent exhaust wheel fin. It produces a sound like a supercharger.

Video here.

Guy claims it doesn't affect performance. Can you do this on one of your turbo's and achieve this sound or was his by sheer luck lol. I don't care what anyone says but it sounds awesome.

Stao quick question. Its really pointless but thought I'd ask.

The green XR6T known as toxic has a bent exhaust wheel fin. It produces a sound like a supercharger.

Guy claims it doesn't affect performance. Can you do this on one of your turbo's and achieve this sound or was his by sheer luck lol. I don't care what anyone says but it sounds awesome.

LoL no. I would pull it part and replace the exhaust wheel. Unfortunately Garrett no long sale rebuilding parts for their own turbos, so it needs to be fully overhauled. I would not buy that car the way it is.

Some news for SR20det lovers

This is the latest ATR28SS1.5 It is engineered to peek 260rwkws on pump 98 with supporting mods while has a stock T28's response.

comp.jpg

turbine.jpg

LoL no. I would pull it part and replace the exhaust wheel. Unfortunately Garrett no long sale rebuilding parts for their own turbos, so it needs to be fully overhauled. I would not buy that car the way it is.

Some news for SR20det lovers

This is the latest ATR28SS1.5 It is engineered to peek 260rwkws on pump 98 with supporting mods while has a stock T28's response.

comp.jpg

turbine.jpg

Cool!!

Any dyno graphs?

For a fairly stock setup, when does full boost come on with this turbo?

Currently only have results from it on a Rb25det with larger turbine housing. That made 298rwkws on 21psi with full boost by 3600RPMs.

SR20det using a smaller .64 rear should behave very similarly. But no SR20det result on this turbocharger so far. This customer should have a result for me very soon.

Hey Morgan,

It's smaller than the SS1PU and will make less power in total. Stao is referring to his E85 results, where his SS1PU E85 result was over 320kw IIRC.

I have forgotten to PM you in some time so are due for a catch :) PM me if you need me to clarify.

Hey Morgan,

It's smaller than the SS1PU and will make less power in total. Stao is referring to his E85 results, where his SS1PU E85 result was over 320kw IIRC.

I have forgotten to PM you in some time so are due for a catch :) PM me if you need me to clarify.

Hey Man hows it been?

I'm a little confused bro, stao's post above states 260rwkw on 98 not e85. I want as much response as possible and it seems that the ss1.5 will deliver the same power earlier on than the ss1pu but the ss1pu will make more up top.

Sorry, I saw his response of 298 which is E85, missed the 260kw bit.

Remember these figures are based on his testing with the RB25, so while he knows it will have about 260kw worth of flow on 98 that is also compared to the SS1PU having nearly 280 worth of flow on 98.

Stao are the smaller SS wheels still based on the original high/low blade design or are all SS turbos now using the same straight blade design as the SS2?