SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

There is usually an occurrence of minor boost creep with colder temperature. Ie 14psi at 30 degrees and 16psi at 10 degrees, I haven't see it going backwards. Perhaps tune or ignition related?

Look at the torque difference at 3k between your SS2 and the latest one.

You'd expect the Neo engine to produce a little more response anyway...I'd think? That latest run is an S2 R33.

That car had a bell mouth dump with a hi-flow cat. On the standard manifold, I was impressed.

The car equipped with the older version SS2 had a ebay exhaust manifold on it during the time. So that difference contributes to the larger exhaust manifold. The differences between those two turbos are minor, how ever the new SS2 has better ability in boost control for internally gated setups.

Definitely a good result, its a good bolton turbo.

I'm pretty sure the new SS1PU will follow the same league, that will be amazing.

Oh ok, lol fail.

There are 2 areas I am dubious of. One being a hose that is a PITA to get to which had cracked previously and I cut down. The other being the EGR port at the back of the IM. I made my own little block off plate for it but I have since sealed the actual EGR valve which I can put back on with an OEM gasket. That will likely be better than a silly piece of alloy.

I'll see if these are an issue :)

I had some issues with cuts and Nistune on the Stagea with load cut. I am not sure how why it can hit the set value while driving but not on the dyno but I lifted the values to the max as any cuts while driving on the road are a little risky.

Do you have the Nistune software to check where Yavuz set the load cut?

That I do not! And the car is unreg so I can't easily take it back to him to have a gander :(

Jez is also miles away so am stuck with very little help. I may need to lash out on some software.

Cheers!

Re ECU LOL Nah, can't.

I have spent just shy of $3,000 on the Nistune and tuning to get to this point.... Admittedly only half of which relates to the current tune and motor (last setup was a failure), but it is still a mega investment I would feel stupid to give up on.. Resale on the nistune would be next to nothing. I just need to go bark at the tuner about the couple of issues I have with the tune and get it fixed. I believe they relate to the weather on the day of the actual tune, limits were just set too low and a flat spot pre 3k rpm probably couldn't be felt on the dyno.

Am gonna think about investing a little more into better boost control and will simply get the tune tidied up.

Am expecting the final result to fall close to the 260rwkw mark and I think I will snatch a low 12 :) That will be enough for a car that doesn't cause a scene when it comes out to play. Simple car, simply good results.

Its best letting the tuner keep and drive the car for few days which allows him time to explore any minor imperfections. If he believes the ECU is fine and the car is welling behaved well within its command then there isn't much of a point replacing it.

If not invest into an adaptronic plugin ecu. They worth that 3G lose.

Got my 20psi actuator today off stao

Awesome service just ordered yesterday

Looks heavy duty the rod is a lot thicker where the std one is a 10mm locking nut this looks to be a 12 or 13mm

Can't wait to fit it and try to get it to hold 24psi flat and then ill take it to the wsid fingers crossed 11s

It drives so much better than before touch the throttle on 18psi powers there instantly if your cruising a 3krpm it's scary fast if there's no wheel spin where before I had nothing till 4krpm

Sounds awesome man. Glad you like it.

is yours an SS1PU like mine or a G2? Whats the actual spec, stao please confirm?

also Urs is VCT or S13 spec motor?

Here's a dyno sheet of a s14 with the same turbo but no fnt and not e85 it's not perfect comparison but same dyno

the fnt has shifted the powerband towards the left

Mine makes 20psi by 3600rpm his makes it by 4400rpm

S14 make 90kw a 4000rpm mine is making just over 200kw

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=246012

Edited by hy_rpm

The FNT makes a big difference for sure.

Mine saw 20psi at 4000, but I'm curious to see what it will do when I go back on a cooler day. I've got the S14 motor but its not running VCT. Just S13 spec Poncams and gears. Tuner didn't touch the gears though :(

Admittedly, the powerband is awesome at the moment... I don't need it any stronger and the torque I get at 4k is nonsense. Once I sort my tune I will have to organise a drag night with you. Not gonna go back till I fix this boost/load cut issue. Got to decide what to do about boost control first but.