SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao can I also confirm if this ss2 is the same spec as mine?

Also what was done to hold the boost so well? Mine was at 20psi but went down to 16psi at redline?

Trent Im trying to book a tune with your for next Monday :D

• Like 1

Stao can I also confirm if this ss2 is the same spec as mine?

Also what was done to hold the boost so well? Mine was at 20psi but went down to 16psi at redline?

Trent Im trying to book a tune with your for next Monday :D

Sure I can come to see how it performs. Unfortunately yours is an earlier version. I can upgrade it for a small fee.

you will need to preload the actautor to about 10~15mms from base, which can also hold boost fine.

Sure I can come to see how it performs. Unfortunately yours is an earlier version. I can upgrade it for a small fee.

you will need to preload the actautor to about 10~15mms from base, which can also hold boost fine.

Thanks Stao

But unfortunately already spend a few hundred getting the rear housing heat coated :(

Wow that is what I call A Grade service!

That would be great! Though it seems like a pain in the ass to change the turbo again :/

Is there a page link to the differences? Much of a muchness?

Haven't been able to read the last 150 pages of this thread yet :/

My old ss2 seems to be doing ok just cant hold boost.

This was 20psi bleeding down to just under 16psi. Or does the revised compressor hold boost better?

483595_556895830991447_473150841_n.jpg

Hoping to pump 23/24 psi and hold it as much as possible with the Tune with Trent next week

Wow that is what I call A Grade service!

That would be great! Though it seems like a pain in the ass to change the turbo again :/

Is there a page link to the differences? Much of a muchness?

Haven't been able to read the last 150 pages of this thread yet :/

My old ss2 seems to be doing ok just cant hold boost.

This was 20psi bleeding down to just under 16psi. Or does the revised compressor hold boost better?

Hoping to pump 23/24 psi and hold it as much as possible with the Tune with Trent next week

Look at the torque difference at 3k between your SS2 and the latest one.

You'd expect the Neo engine to produce a little more response anyway...I'd think? That latest run is an S2 R33.

That car had a bell mouth dump with a hi-flow cat. On the standard manifold, I was impressed.

Though the tune was on United P100, not 98. But still far from E85.

So, finally home from the drags. Had a ball.

Unfortunately was unable to get a clean run without at least 1 pop for boost cut, but its OK. I managed to get it pretty good by the 3rd run with only a minor cut just before I crossed the line.

Final run got my PB and was running 11psi (234rwkw @ 20psi when tuned on 45 degree day), creeping a little after 5500rpm. Lots of wheel spin as they auto greened the lights (no stage), plus it felt like my shimmed diff was pegging on the last run also.

Managed 13.0 @ 115mph. I'm pretty happy with this. The car has an easy late 12 in it AS IS and HEAPS more in reserve once I give it back its missing 20psi.

I am happy to report the turbo is AWESOME and the star of my show. Love my SS1PU. I don't think I will want to go VNT, it is balls out enough as it is. Just want to finish my tune once I am done putting run in KMs on the motor :)

Slips attached.

post-43588-0-38169800-1374677870_thumb.jpg

Congratulations. Not bad for street tyres. Need a set of Mickey Thompson ET street. It knocks about 1.3 secs off.

Factory diff was a problem. Mine was doing single wheel spin at launch.

I've bought a set of tomei pon cams and a two way Kaaz diff to be installed. Hopefully be seeing better results.

For my first two runs I honestly had no issues with traction, it was great.

If I got the launch off my first pass which was a 14.x but did not get boost cut and snatched the gears the way I did on my 13s pass I think it would have been late 12s for sure. At least 12.8.

The tyres help up awesome, that's for sure. Can't wait to go again.

Not sure what to do about boost control though. Is it possible for me to exchange my IWG housing for one with an EWG port off the side?

Not bad but you 60ft is average so you ain't launching hard enough but with street tyres the best I could get was a 2.1

I've run a 12.8@116mph and my brother has run a 12.5@116mph

What wrong with you boost control?

Final run got my PB and was running 11psi (234rwkw @ 20psi when tuned on 45 degree day), creeping a little after 5500rpm. Lots of wheel spin as they auto greened the lights (no stage), plus it felt like my shimmed diff was pegging on the last run also.

Managed 13.0 @ 115mph. I'm pretty happy with this. The car has an easy late 12 in it AS IS and HEAPS more in reserve once I give it back its missing 20psi.

I am happy to report the turbo is AWESOME and the star of my show. Love my SS1PU. I don't think I will want to go VNT, it is balls out enough as it is. Just want to finish my tune once I am done putting run in KMs on the motor :)

Is boost creep common with these turbos? What is your boost cut, as it must be quite bad creep if you were still hitting it with less preload and no external boost control?

Nonetheless, very nice results all things considered - 13.0 @ 115mph isn't bad for your first outing and if you were down on power delivery, definitely more to be had - especially with sticky tyres :) Its a good respectable time which gives you something which is realistic to be aiming or expecting to beat - so till next time! :D

Its actually just AFM voltage cut, so it has no actual PSI value for when it cuts. Unigroup told me it was set to be around 23psi on the day I picked it up, but that was done on a 45deg day as noted. The very next day it was 10 degrees cooler and I couldn't run 18psi without mega cut.

I've been running it off the can all this time which was 13psi, but last night it was about 10 degrees out west and it was hitting cut at about 14-15psi. After taking heaps of preload out it will seeing close to 14psi in high RPM 4th gear, but 11 in the first 3 gears.

so no major boost control issues I guess.. I'm sure if the boost cut wasn't there it could easily be overcome with enough preload and some basic boost control. Its more so the settings in the ecu.

How easily I cracked a 13.0 with that wheel spin launch though, definitely had 12.8 in it even with the boost cut lol I would have taken another mm of preload out if they gave us another run. Oh well, until next time!

Hmmm I'm not inclined to believe that there would be sufficient air density difference to make 23psi on a 45 degree day = 14-15psi on a 10 degree day, not that I know how to explain that but it does seem a bit strange.