SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

A little more feedback re SS1PU SR20:

I did some private work on the weekend to repair a guys clutch hydros. Afterward I had to road test the car and got to have a direct 'back to back' against my own. The customer had a fairly staple setup, sporting a GT2860RS and the usual mods to his 93 spec 180SX. The disco was realistically maxed out on 98.

I can say with absolute confidence that the said disco spud setup is redundant against the SS1PU. The SS1PU comes alive much easier than the spud, and even though I was only running 13psi at the time (tuned for 20) the spud had NOTHING on the SS1PU for power even though the spud was running the appropriate 20psi. It would be fair to say that the spud feels a little more lively under cruise conditions, but doesn't spin up nearly as quick as the SS1PU when you start to punt it. The spud is more so linear when it starts to pull, right to the point of being on full boost, while the SS1PU is aggressive and will go from cruise to full pelt near instantly once you give it some right foot encouragement.

In the last week I have also compared this to an S15 sporting a 5 speed and 4.3 diff (my car is running a 4.11) and I can still say the uber spool of the fully tuned, VCT enabled, HKS cammed, T28 is still redundant to the spool/power offering of the SS1PU (non VCT).

I hope the above is of value to you guys.

Cheers,

hey guy i have a stock turbo r33 gtst series 2, 2 door and was wondering if you could help me out with getting a bit more power. it is for street use and maybe track not sure yet.

please help me out.

thank you

Thanks for the feedback scott.

hey guy i have a stock turbo r33 gtst series 2, 2 door and was wondering if you could help me out with getting a bit more power. it is for street use and maybe track not sure yet.

please help me out.

thank you

You can send in your stock turbocharger for high flow. that will be a responsive and option for a mild upgrade. Then check Toshi for a ECU remap if you haven't got a ECU.

Thanks for the feedback scott.

You can send in your stock turbocharger for high flow. that will be a responsive and option for a mild upgrade. Then check Toshi for a ECU remap if you haven't got a ECU.

how do i send in my stock turbo for i high flow and i havnt got my ecu remapped yet. cound you send me links on sites or how to do it please :)

how do i send in my stock turbo for i high flow and i havnt got my ecu remapped yet. cound you send me links on sites or how to do it please :)

Like i said in the PM man, you need all supporting mods before you put on a turbo... Remove the turbo and courier it to Stao... When you get it back tow it up to DVS JEZ and get a nistune installed and tuned...

what supporting mods will i need other then getting it turned and how much am i looking at to get it sent off and then getting it installed and tuned. sorry i am really new to this ahahahahahhaha

Yes basically email your factory turbocharger in with actuator. I'm pmed you with some instructions.

The stock injectors are ok for around the 230rwkws mark and so's the factory AFM. To get that all you need to do is have:

FMIC kit installed

metal induction pipe and a good pod filter (check M35scotty)

3inch turbo back exhaust with 100cc cat.

Walbro fuel pump

Get stock ecu flashed through Toshi.

If you already bought a aftermarket ecu or we can supply adaptronic ecus with the turbo, you might want to get some injectors, then it can be live tuned through DVSJES or Toshi or Other good tuners.

Yes basically email your factory turbocharger in with actuator. I'm pmed you with some instructions.

The stock injectors are ok for around the 230rwkws mark and so's the factory AFM. To get that all you need to do is have:

FMIC kit installed

metal induction pipe and a good pod filter (check M35scotty)

3inch turbo back exhaust with 100cc cat.

Walbro fuel pump

Get stock ecu flashed through Toshi.

If you already bought a aftermarket ecu or we can supply adaptronic ecus with the turbo, you might want to get some injectors, then it can be live tuned through DVSJES or Toshi or Other good tuners.

:rofl: Good one Stao... ;)

GOD DAMNIT STAO OUTLOOK REFUSES TO ATTACH MY TURBO TO AN EMAIL. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

:D :D :D hahahaha

Hehehehe your turbo must have a vius :ph34r:

Poor Stao needs a coffee i think hehe

Going to the drags tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed I don't embarrass myself or that my unfinished tune doesn't let me down :)

hy_rpm where you at?

Going to the drags tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed I don't embarrass myself or that my unfinished tune doesn't let me down :)

Unfinished tune?

14.0 @ 98mph

lol I am fairly confident I will trap more than 98mph, but we will see.

Unfinished tune because unigroup refused to set to kill until it had done a minimum of 1,500km. It was also tuned on a 45 degree day as noted.

Much more to be had, I'm sure. I'm just hoping I can get some boost into it with the cold we're experiencing. It cuts at 18psi on a 25 degree day when it was tuned to cut at 23psi. Gayer than aids.

Haha, I was 50/50 at that point. Am worried I will not be able to flat foot it in 4th due to the boost cut. Tempted to do an actuator pressure run just to get a feel for traction and see how high boost creeps.

I will be stoked with 110mph whist in this tune state :) the motor still has the start-up oil in it after all lol

Spewing can't make it out to the creek got rego to pay first might go to a Sunday street meet next month to test it out

Your car should pull atleast a 118mph if it doesn't cut as that's what I pulled with 230rwkw

Hey stao will a stronger actuator help the atr28g2 to hold boost up top as its currently got a 1bar one and it goes from 25psi to 21psi after 5500rpm or is the turbo maxxed out

I was thinking of getting a kando actuator with a 1.5 bar or 21psi spring or can you supply one how much ?

Edited by hy_rpm

GOD DAMNIT STAO OUTLOOK REFUSES TO ATTACH MY TURBO TO AN EMAIL. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

:D :D :D hahahaha

i will reply the turbo back to you once its complete. Sorry, been replying emails since I fell asleep.

Finally got a dyno reading from the latest SS2 internally gated turbo on stock manifold, as a factory replacement. Result sent by a customer, not from my test car.

Been internally gated, It held boost extremely well.

Final reading of:

297.7rwkws @ 20psi. Yellow

278rwkws @ 17psi. Light blue

Dark blue was when the car had various issues to repair before today's tune. (ignore)

I've been told its very fast.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Add: They are on pump 98 fuel. not E85.