SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

If it can get up to about 340rwkws then that would be sweet. Means about 300rwkws on pump 98.

I drove it on low gears light throttle around the block, it felt like a stock turbo more then any thing else. Be interested to see what the dyno says in few weeks time. If works well this would be an excellent turbo for Rb20det and SR20det engines.

Advanced Lag Fighting Abilities?

:whistling:

Yes you are right. :D Its actually from Alfa Romeo . Alpha sounds too american. Lets stick with American wording for now.

To produce this it has to out perform the SS2 Alpha version which I think that is extremely good. Will post result after Trents get back from UK.

Just clear up some confusion as proportion of people don't understand how the alpha turbocharger is any different to traditional turbochargers.

If a traditional turbocharger is built for 600HP it will be, drive and act like a 600HP turbocharger in all rev ranges.

At same HP, the Alpha turbocharges, drives as a 400HP turbo from 0~4000RPMs, 500HP turbo from 4000~5000RPM, 600HP turbo from 5000~7000RPM. So it will always feels like a baby turbo to drive while produces decent top end.

At any given freedom of variable nozzles angle, the turbocharger is only capable of producing a proportion of it full HP capacity. For example if nozzles are fixed at 10 degrees a 600HP turbocharger will only produce 300HP maximum, 30 degrees at 450HP, 45 degrees at 500HP, and 50 degrees at 600HP.

When controlled by an actuator with preset actuation levels, on given boost, this turbocharger will expand it self from a 300HP turbo to a 600HP turbo as engine reves out, then contract to a 300HP turbocharger off acceleration. It repeats this process throughout the whole driving course.

Most of our budget went into developing and research for newer innovations. This is a giant step forward for modern performance turbochargers.

Updates of some unusual turbocharger. The Schwitzer turbo out of a early model Toyota land cruiser diesel.

Turning that into our Billet TD05H18.5G is a total workout in ingenuity. Here it is:

comp.JPG

turbine1.JPG

Expected to gain about 15% more torque without adding much lag.

An old Schwitzer hey. I rebuilt an excavator engine with a Schwitzer turbo on it a few years ago. That turbo was a bit bigger however, about 40kg

Just remember how funny the name was when you say it with some sort of European accent :P

Just clear up some confusion as proportion of people don't understand how the alpha turbocharger is any different to traditional turbochargers.

If a traditional turbocharger is built for 600HP it will be, drive and act like a 600HP turbocharger in all rev ranges.

Not all... :ph34r:

No, Stao was right when he said "all". A 600HP turbo will feel like crap at 2500rpm. That's what he meant. His 600HP alpha turbo will feel like a 400HP turbo at 2500rpm, but will be capable of also doing 600HP.

Mine has plenty down low! Of course you can feel its not a stock turbo and you know its big but its not a lag monster by any means! The dyno sheet doesnt do it justice... I just think that general statement is wrong!

Mine has plenty down low! Of course you can feel its not a stock turbo and you know its big but its not a lag monster by any means! The dyno sheet doesnt do it justice... I just think that general statement is wrong!

No......yours does feel like a 600HP turbo down low. Just because it is Stao's special recipe and is actually quite good down low doesn't mean it can't be better. If you add his Extra Special Recipe © to it, it will be even more good down low. That's what he was saying.

I mean, lets' be fair......I'm not rubbishing the turbo you have, because I know full well that it is a good thing. The point is that it must spool a bit slower than the stocker, and the stocker is a 400HP turbo. An old, crappy 400HP turbo, but let's ignore that aspect of it. Stao's statement was,"Add VNT to your big turbo, get stock turbo response at low rpm, add big grin to face."

Edited by GTSBoy

No......yours does feel like a 600HP turbo down low. Just because it is Stao's special recipe and is actually quite good down low doesn't mean it can't be better. If you add his Extra Special Recipe © to it, it will be even more good down low. That's what he was saying.

Oh, didnt realise you had driven my car :) My bad...