SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

i guessing the ss4 comp wheel is 62mm ish, have you backed to back them

on xr6turbos. Be a better match no doubt to the old staple diet of fitting

the t04z wheel to them before the gtx3582 came out. Wonder what a

ss4 would be like with a p- trim sized rear?

cheers

darren

Yes and I think I can make it street drive able too.

LOL that would be hilarious. Something tells me it wouldn't last long, and "drivable" would need to be very loosely defined :D

LOL that would be hilarious. Something tells me "it" wouldn't last long, and "drivable" would need to be very loosely defined :D

It: would be every thing apart from the turbocharger.

Pretty sure I can make it work. So interested to give it a shot? :D

have a problem...my external gate is quiet sometimes..car goes lame..other times gate is loud(like it should be)..

car goes pretty hard for what it is...when gate is loud, guessing its a boost leak..a random one. As i never drive it,and 99 percentof the time have the kids

in car, its taken me 5-6 weeks to work out

what is happening, thought my ears and bum dyno where broken.

I actually drove it all last weekend,by myself for once it was wet road was damp..noisy gate..no traction in first and quarter way through second(auto).did this

about 4 times , then went to a mates .first gear ,no noise

no wheelspin in first and gutless as f**k and then it twigged..i am not dreaming

(and no i don't usually drive like this, i actually hated giving the poor thing a hard time, but i wanted to establish if i was infact dreaming or not)

boost leak..random..stock bov's failing perhaps?, anyone had this problem before..might explain a few things like the turbo woudn't make

any power over 19psi on dyno..any more and it pumped hot air , had me puzzled at the time , and the ex gate was quiet then aswell from memory..actually mate has identical setup and gate and was quiet at the time compared to his.....having never driven it before i thought it was the way it was, but no its been louder after..

actually few other things have happened aswell, now i think of it..hmmm, like boost went up WAY higher than what the ebc was setup for on dyno'

which was 19psi. I originally though it was the ebc as it was broken and repaired by my brother and i was going to test a few things this weekend.

i was just surfing sau, and noticed someone has similiar problem, and quiet ex gate and they hadn't hooked up there blow of valve

line so it stayed open..which leads me to look there tomoz , maybe its faulty???

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

when ive had broken diaphragm, its broken...doesn't fix itself,won't it overboost?..its underboosting..

its a turbodumb 38mm with 19psi spring

Car has been doing this from the beginning, its random Stao, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet, feels fast, feels slow

i thought it was the surroundings and the noise sometimes didn't echoe, and thought i was just getting used to power, but no its not that, its gutless

when its quiet

mate had same problem with gcg hi-flow, 215rwkw and shit boost control, put a turbosmart replacement blow off valve on and made 244rwkw

he told me to fit one when i built it, but searching on here, everyone said they are generally fine so i left it

I'll check gate on weekend aswell

cheers

darren

It: would be every thing apart from the turbocharger.

Pretty sure I can make it work. So interested to give it a shot? :D

Turbo would probably find a way to die just so it doesn't have to put up with being on such a pathetically depressing setup :P but yeah, every part of the engine and drivetrain other than the turbo would shit itself in spectacular fashion methinks! hahaha

On a semi-serious note, later this year I'll look into getting rid of the van and replacing it with something like a Golf R....depending on warranty etc (if I buy new or used), I might look into modifying it for ~250awkw or maybe a touch more, and optimum response...who knows where that'll lead me :P

Hooo The VW Golf R. Remember to buy the one with a Wet box. Don't go any where near the DSG dry box stuff. They are horribly bad. The Chinese government made VW to do a huge recall on all their cars with DSG dry boxes, and many of my VW clients and tuners I build turbos for have reported this problem.

They also run direct injection, you can run them on Audi R4 mechanical fuel pumps and injectors. There isn't much ecu options apart from few people that makes fixed data flash tunes. I think Link G4 recently made some thing for older Golf models, but doesn't work with current models.

VW modification cost lots of $$$$ and the end results are no where near to a stock Rb25det.

If u got the cash Buy my test rig :yes: its already been modified and all you have to do is drive it. I need garage room for a GTR.

Hooo The VW Golf R. Remember to buy the one with a Wet box. Don't go any where near the DSG dry box stuff. They are horribly bad. The Chinese government made VW to do a huge recall on all their cars with DSG dry boxes, and many of my VW clients and tuners I build turbos for have reported this problem.

They also run direct injection, you can run them on Audi R4 mechanical fuel pumps and injectors. There isn't much ecu options apart from few people that makes fixed data flash tunes. I think Link G4 recently made some thing for older Golf models, but doesn't work with current models.

VW modification cost lots of $$$$ and the end results are no where near to a stock Rb25det.

If u got the cash Buy my test rig :yes: its already been modified and all you have to do is drive it. I need garage room for a GTR.

The box issue is only in the 7 speeds yeah?

7 speed DSG, there are also reports from the wet boxes failure, how ever the problem isn't as severe. Apparently they stuck in gears, rapid shifting gears, case sudden lose of power or sudden acceleration. VW declear a problem with the Auto controller software, that causes the premature wear of its clutch plates and fly wheel. how ever the issues are yet to be rectified. And that is on a factory tuned vehicle. Seems to be in certain VW from 2009 ~ current.

7 speed DSG, there are also reports from the wet boxes failure, how ever the problem isn't as severe. Apparently they stuck in gears, rapid shifting gears, case sudden lose of power or sudden acceleration. VW declear a problem with the Auto controller software, that causes the premature wear of its clutch plates and fly wheel. how ever the issues are yet to be rectified. And that is on a factory tuned vehicle. Seems to be in certain VW from 2009 ~ current.

Ooh... Missus has the 2012 GTi and thought she was in the clear after the recalls... Maybe not! Anyway, not derailing your thread............... Again :P

I don't understand this "wet/dry" box dealio, but the Golf R only comes with a 6 spd DSG I believe.....either way, if I go back to a performance car of any kind, I don't think I could go back to a Skyline lol. As much as I LOVED driving that car, the endless f**king problems it had along with the money it drained just maintaining it to the piss poor standard it was at really drained me emotionally >.<

I'd only get something that literally didn't need another cent put into it. Full engine build, reconditioned gearbox, looks great, zero problems. Unfortunately for the money I'd need to fork out for the right Skyline, I could get something much "better quality" :(

Plus if I went back to a Skyline, it would probably have to be a GT-R hahaha

Actually after modifying S14, 180sx, 300ZX, Soarer and R32. Modding R33 is like walking into heaven, this is probably the easiest car to modify, with plenty of parts available, and getting power out of the Rb25det is so easy. Compare to the rest the R33 made the most amount of power with the least amount of money spent.

Actually after modifying S14, 180sx, 300ZX, Soarer and R32. Modding R33 is like walking into heaven, this is probably the easiest car to modify, with plenty of parts available, and getting power out of the Rb25det is so easy. Compare to the rest the R33 made the most amount of power with the least amount of money spent.

Definitely, but after the headaches mine put me through it'd wanna be fully engineered and ACT RWC provided before I'd even entertain the idea of getting another one haha... I do miss 2nd gear ice skating in the dry though :(

Some updates:

This is the SS1PU Alfa version.

ss1pu1.JPG

I will make Alfa version stand for our most advanced turbo systems that delivers the ultimate power and response. VNT, BB, CBB, Billet wheels, customized bell shape inner profiles and etc will all be parts of this project.

As in the turbocharger above: I have trimmed down a older SS2 comp wheel to produce around the 320rwkws mark since the turbine end is only capable of flowing up to 322rwkws. Which I rather turn the additional load into response. I want this to be the most responsive 320rwkws any thing can ever produce.

Some updates:

This is the SS1PU Alfa version.

ss1pu1.JPG

I will make Alfa version stand for our most advanced turbo systems that delivers the ultimate power and response. VNT, BB, CBB, Billet wheels, customized bell shape inner profiles and etc will all be parts of this project.

As in the turbocharger above: I have trimmed down a older SS2 comp wheel to produce around the 320rwkws mark since the turbine end is only capable of flowing up to 322rwkws. Which I rather turn the additional load into response. I want this to be the most responsive 320rwkws any thing can ever produce.

does it come with a HKS badge?