SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

No its just all air cooled under the bonnet. We were playing with it few weeks ago and didn't notice the vacuum hose. It now has also picked up some thing like few hundred rpms of response. :D

No its just all air cooled under the bonnet. We were playing with it few weeks ago and didn't notice it touched the dump pipe. It has also picked up some thing like few hundred rpms of response. :D

Sounds good :yes:

These truly are the turbos built perfectly for our motors. I usually run 14psi all day every dsy with my ss2. Yesterday I wanted to test if the knock occurs on high boost and if it occurs earlier. I cracked out 18psi. My god this thing is brutal and it was on a slight uphill road. I remember after jez tuned my car we drove around on low boost which felt nice and strong plus better than my old tune. We kicked it into high boost and shit went off. Ive been in a r33 with a gt3582r and I can tell you that the ss2 dominates in every which way. Response, power delivery and driveability. You also dont need to run such high boost to achievr this. My old tune was 10psi and was making 244rwkw. Not many turbos will push that out of an rb.

What gate type and how do you have yours mounted Sarge?

Little update. To make the SS3 even more responsive I've had it remade using ceramic roller bearing cartridges instead of steel. With the vacuum leak repaired this turbocharger is super responsive, It has made a very fast car. Can feel the turbocharger whistle to boost with touch of throttle and goes blastic as it revs out. Made me thinking, wither if the SS2 BB VNT should be more responsive without that vacuum leak.

I've taken a little shutting down video footage from my SS3 VNT CBB turbocharger, as you can see this is a very big turbo, 394rwkws on E85 is not a real lot for some thing in this size. Goal is 20psi by 3500RPMs, Its going back for a return next Tuesday, and I'm very positive about it.

Will be in process of building a SS1PU using VNT system. Pretty confident it will match or beat HKS 2530's response while making same power as a 3071. This will bring some joy for RB20det owners.

How far off ready to sell are the VNT turbo's Stao? Might be interested in a swap/buying a VNT turbo if they arent far off and it will work on my setup. They look like an insane power/response combo. At the same time though I still want to see what the SS2CBB will do as well. Can always upgrade later anyway :P

.Can run a ATR28SS1.5 that should be a more responsive version of the GT2871

I have had a look for some dynos of this with a sr20 and cant find any have you got any handy?

What type of power can this one do?

I want to fully explore the potential of the new idea, and find a way to manufacture those at affordable pricing.

Don't have SS1.5 on SRs at moment. only have it with Rb25det which is super responsive.

How far off ready to sell are the VNT turbo's Stao? Might be interested in a swap/buying a VNT turbo if they arent far off and it will work on my setup. They look like an insane power/response combo.

I'm wondering about this too. Currently the ATR43-SS1PU – which I believe is an FNT unit – looks like the most interesting option for what I'm after.

Is there going to be a 'ATR43-SS1PU-VNT', and how would it potentially compare to the current unit?

Or, could you possibly go a bigger profile e.g. SS2 with VNT and still achieve a similar response as with the current SS1PU...?

I want to fully explore the potential of the new idea, and find a way to manufacture those at affordable pricing.

Don't have SS1.5 on SRs at moment. only have it with Rb25det which is super responsive.

Figured there must be alot of R&D yet to come. I'm sorta keen to see how good the SS2 goes anyway, so I'm sure I can swap later on down the track :P

lol SS1PU VNT on an RB25?? Boost on idle lol

I think an SS2 VNT would be more rewarding on an RB25 :)

Something around 350rwkw with full boost at 3500rpm or lower would be amazing. I'd love to feel a high power VNT setup, must feel amazing

SS1PU VNT, prediction is 20psi by 2800rpms and maxing out at 320rwkws. The external gate will be screaming all the way. might be able to make it run internally gated, more tests will be carried out.

SS1PU VNT, prediction is 20psi by 2800rpms and maxing out at 320rwkws. The external gate will be screaming all the way. might be able to make it run internally gated, more tests will be carried out.

This sounds fantastic. Any thoughts on timeframes as yet?

Next week I will be finalizing the tune on the SS3 so probably the week after. At moment the problem is manufacturing them at affordable cost, I don't think its reasonable today to charge some one $2500 for a turbocharger regardless how good it might be. Unless its made out of gold.

that's awesome! 300+kw and more responsive than a standard turbo.... nice

certainly come a long way from my OP6 highflow on my GT-T, well done mate :)

could VNT fit/work in a twin low-mount setup on a RB26??

currently running 2 x HKS 2530s... not sure if some frankenstein setup could be made of current turbos?