SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This is recent and yet interesting result sent in from a customer running a SS2 turbocharger with a R34 GTT Auto. It was used as a bolton replacement internally gated.

It has:

Blitz front mount return flow cooler

1000 cc injectors

255 pump JJr front pipe

Z32 AFM

Nistune

E85

Stock Auto with a transmission oil cooler

300rwkws @ 17psi of boost:

r34auto300rwkw.png

So car is booked in for a tune on thurs. previous tune was 345rwhp on 17psi with the now outdated ATR43G3 type A internal gate. Now has the later version with the updated comp housing i think, ball bearing cartridge and type B housing (thanks to Stao for uprading me for free!). Tuner has recommended to block off the BOV after i asked if the stock one could hold 20psi. Cant wait, havent boosted for about 3-4 months :(

• Like 1

Its extremely important remembering to preload the actuator as the tuner's tuning. keep on preloading if are seeing boost tapering off before the desired level. It might be 5mms or could be 15mms, the more you load it the higher up top boost level it will hold, more boost makes more power.

Its extremely important remembering to preload the actuator as the tuner's tuning. keep on preloading if are seeing boost tapering off before the desired level. It might be 5mms or could be 15mms, the more you load it the higher up top boost level it will hold, more boost makes more power.

4-5mm preloaded on it at the moment. I've never had the boost tapering off issue, infact its been the opposite with mine, pressure increasing towards redline.

Good luck Landscribble, hope the kw's flow freely :)

I've got an g3 type A, so it's definitely possible to get a result.

Thanks, i hope aswell but now im not really fussed if it doesnt match Stao's results, aslong as i can drive the thing im happy. I know the turbo's can make the power having made 279rwkw previously by a different tuner, i chose to go the type B for a little faster response.

I preloaded mine Around 8 or so mms, With a 14 pound spring, it boosts to 23 psi, tapering down to ~20psi now.

I find it very wierd its even getting to 23 psi, ( boost controller is Off )

Does this mean to much preload?

So car is booked in for a tune on thurs. previous tune was 345rwhp on 17psi with the now outdated ATR43G3 type A internal gate. Now has the later version with the updated comp housing i think, ball bearing cartridge and type B housing (thanks to Stao for uprading me for free!). Tuner has recommended to block off the BOV after i asked if the stock one could hold 20psi. Cant wait, havent boosted for about 3-4 months :(

Ah you could have bought my SS2 instead.....comes with R33 coupe :whistling:

I preloaded mine Around 8 or so mms, With a 14 pound spring, it boosts to 23 psi, tapering down to ~20psi now.

I find it very wierd its even getting to 23 psi, ( boost controller is Off )

Does this mean to much preload?

I think its a good boost level. Usually the boost curve starts to spike then drop. with more preload it starts to hold, and if over loaded the boost starts to creep. Thats I usually adjust mine with internal gate.

I think its a good boost level. Usually the boost curve starts to spike then drop. with more preload it starts to hold, and if over loaded the boost starts to creep. Thats I usually adjust mine with internal gate.

Ill prob remove the controller all together then, as it might still be affecting it even plugged plumbed in.

It does feel alot more consistent when boosting now.

Ill prob remove the controller all together then, as it might still be affecting it even plugged plumbed in.

It does feel alot more consistent when boosting now.

If youve got it able to hold 20 off the spring (peaking 23) that is really good.

Provided your car is tuned at that level I give you the big thumbs up.

Just watch it when the weather changes as that can make it jump :)

Car is tuned for 22 pound tapering down to 14-16 pound.

So....not really tuned now..
I will be getting a new low manifold/external gate soon so im hoping to hold of on a new tune until i get those.

Question: How do Dyno Tuners measure Boost ( pressure )?

Might be a dumb question, but just want to know how they measure.

Edited by jay-rod

Car is tuned for 22 pound tapering down to 14-16 pound.

So....not really tuned now..

I will be getting a new low manifold/external gate soon so im hoping to hold of on a new tune until i get those.

Question: How do Dyno Tuners measure Boost ( pressure )?

Might be a dumb question, but just want to know how they measure.

hose in plenum

After having the car at a workshop for 8 business days and not tuned, and it getting put of , i went and drove it home on the nistune basemap.

Cars now booked in next thursday arvo to get tuned by Matt from nistune on a mainline dyno(apparently the dyno of truth so the young kiddies tell me..lol)

Going to tune it on 98 and wmi disconnected first and get the best out of it , then connect it up and go from there..

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31