SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I bought a wheel and tire package 3 years ago and I have no idea what those rims are apart from they fits. lol

Any way. quick update. This is our latest VNT turbine system using a ball bearing SS2 core. I don't have a high speed camera so this footage was taken with a air blower meter away from the turbine housing with VNT nozzles engaged and disengaged at low shaft speed. Notice the change in shaft speed with VNT nozzles engaged.

Will be testing it next week when Trent has time, and hopefully I will get stock response with 370rwkws.

This is a dyno reading sent from a customer in Sweden using a older model ATR43G3 in .82 type A rear. made 477rwhp on pump 98 fuel.

257470-2984192.jpg

257470-3108535.jpg

Its got ebay manifold that holds the turbocharger in stock position, internally gated with all the bolton bits.

Can't understand their language, details are at:

http://www.garaget.org/?car=257470

Haha he's not drifting the thing, don't need a diff that tightens under deceleration :P 1 way diff would be the go.

1.5 way

3q3rgr.jpg

I don't think any part of this package would survive on 40psi, been told its running 20psi.

Well that sheet shows about 280kpa or 40 psi. I guess that's why peak torque is a little late at 6k? Seems to be at 20psi just before 4k which is normal. Interesting

It's saying absolute pressure, it's running about 175kpa gauge pressure so 26-27psi

Thats my tire pressure. ;)

We were in Heathcote again today. The car's having some issues, I might have installed the new fuel pump too high as it had fuel surging issues, gear stick snapped out, and since the new tyres gripped lot hard the diff seems to let loose. Its occasionally doing one wheel launch. Not sure which diff to get yet.

Over all we did end up with 4 good runs and the best one was 12.26 with 124.76 M/H

The tire shop pumped my tires to 40psi. We first dropped it to 26psi, then further down to 16psi which it grip the most.

It started to rain in the afternoon, so the day ended early. will post some videos later on.

Felt that on the way back. the car skits heavily to one side. He did mention about welding them together. or not sure if there is any one whom can modify stock diff to make them stronger.

Alternatively I was thinking buying a kaaz diff. not sure which one is better to get 1.5 or 2 way? It is a road car and I do drive a fare distance testing new turbos, I still want it to handle smoothly on road.

The cheapest way to get extra lock without welding is to pull the diff apart and replace the worn out shims with slightly thicker ones, which can be bought from Nissan. It can feel like a welded diff afterwards for some time though which is a huge PITA when you're driving around normally, but now you get powah to both wheels :P

Felt that on the way back. the car skits heavily to one side. He did mention about welding them together. or not sure if there is any one whom can modify stock diff to make them stronger.

Alternatively I was thinking buying a kaaz diff. not sure which one is better to get 1.5 or 2 way? It is a road car and I do drive a fare distance testing new turbos, I still want it to handle smoothly on road.

welded diff will handle fine as long as you keep driving straight :P

Also the shims for the diff cost about $14 from nissan with 2 week wait if they have to come from japan. Add the cost of diff oil in and its a fairy cheap way of having a nice tight diff.

Edited by iruvyouskyrine