SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

What kind of clutch are you running stao? Hope it holds up with the extra grip and big rpm launches. Mickey T's are the shit to. 275 is a big tire as well. I'm pretty sure the majority of gts-t skylines I've seen running them usually go a 255 on the strip. So the extra width should really help 

im running the 255 on 16" rim and put down 455rwhp perfect on the street, just grips n pulls like a gtr, but on normal tyres, it will spin 2nd/3rd pretty easy,they are even better on the strip.!

im running the 255 on 16" rim and put down 455rwhp perfect on the street, just grips n pulls like a gtr, but on normal tyres, it will spin 2nd/3rd pretty easy,they are even better on the strip.!

Still corner etc well?

They corner fine, i used that size 7-8 yrs ago..they held up to upper 300rwkw okay, after that they didn't really have enough

sidewall to hook up, i drove from adelaide to melbourne and back on them, and on the way back the rain was treachorous

and they where still fine.

when i made upper 400rwkw..they only lasted 3 days though..they ended up deposited in the back guards/wheel well even from roll ons at 100km plus , no grip...

you should have got some falcon pursuit steel rims and fitted the 15's stao, much better with the big sidewall

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Would you expect the result to be any different if you were using a Mitsubishio compressor cover? If so would you use a 20G or the 25G cover?

sl2ss2comps2.JPG

Got this tuned today. Big thanks to Status tuning as usual.

Just out of curiosity of what the 10cm L2 turbine can pump, We tried every thing to squeeze power out of and The maximum we've got it to was 385rwkws on 24psi. The car refused to make any more power after this.

At 22 psi it made 374rwkws so basically identical to SS2 at same boost level.

This goal of this turbocharger is to make more power then a T67 while having the same response to a 20G.

I've overlaid readings from:

Our brand new SLSS2 turbocharger
V
Latest SS2 turbocharger that has the identical compressor setup on slightly lower boost level.
V
The highest reading of a T67, Greddy manifold, externally gated.

All on Rb25det with stock cams.

ss2vsl2vt67power.jpg

ss2vsl2vt67boost.jpg

The original plan was running small 16inch rims. and it turned out the majority of popular tires sizes is out of stock. My only options was the 235 or 275 in 17inches. Taking the 275 is bit of gamble and lucky enough I had a set of spacers. I will be switch to cross plys if this is not good enough.

By the way any one wish to swap mine with a Stock R33 GTR? I would like to do some thing with Rb26dett engines for a change.

Haven't tried SS2 wheel with Mitsubishi housings yet, but I don't see that been any problems. Might do up Trent's V8 turbos if he's not getting enough power.

think I gotta get me some of those then.....:yes:

you running them on a 9 inch rim Stao?

sorry I meant 10seconds..380kw could get you there...11s at least... see how it launches I guess....just like my car, all.power with no support ..these Nissans hook up pretty well though, even on a stock rear end as long its not flogged out

Next mod should be a 2 way diff stao perhaps? Help it hook up? A few of my mates opted to put a gtr rear in there r33s for the extra strength as they kept doing drive shafts I think from memory. The clutch cops a hiding at them power levels and sticky track/tires. I reckon if it hooks up it'll run a 10.93 ;)

Next mod should be a 2 way diff stao perhaps? Help it hook up? A few of my mates opted to put a gtr rear in there r33s for the extra strength as they kept doing drive shafts I think from memory. The clutch cops a hiding at them power levels and sticky track/tires. I reckon if it hooks up it'll run a 10.93 ;)

Haha he's not drifting the thing, don't need a diff that tightens under deceleration :P 1 way diff would be the go.