SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Cheers,

Yeh its deceptive..it took me longer to make it "stock/neat looking(and make it all fit), than to jam a hi-mount on it

go have a look at a stock stagea bay..lol

I ended up using a tiny mandrel metal bend from the hydraulic supplier to get over oil drain prob and the o'g

45 degree hose cut in half on the bend and half a straight piece..f**king pain..lol

Its got me pumped to start my next project..4agze/hypergears billet TD06 22G 8cm/E85/30+psi..lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

LOL @ 4A project. Gonna keep the supercharger too and make it twin charged ?? ;)

I'm not fussed for stealth on my 200 as its not a daily, but I do appreciate a well presented stealth bay.

superchargers long gone.,, probally no room for it in a Ke10 corolla anyways. Have a nice merge collector mani made up

already , 48mm gate and the hypergear Td06 22G sitting here.

has a W series box in it and hilux diff already, need to do a tilton pedaL setup and all the fiddly crap of the conversion still...

was awesome with 156rwkw, be dangerous with 250+ ..haha

cheers

darren

Heres one for disco,(if he comes in here..) to show you can hide a Gt30 comp cover with ACL shit(especially internal gate), i just bolted it to the 3 standard exhaust mani threads later on

9j39dl.jpg

Edited by jet_r31

Pretty sure on mine each tooth is 7.5 degrees.You need to count crank and cam teeth to find out if its the same or search for the answer for Neo's.I highly doubt its different.My intake was about 6 out but only 4 degrees of adjustment left. So I skipped a tooth then rotated the opposite way to get it in the right spot. My head had been skimmed numerous times but yours seems odd its so far out. Looking forward to seeing dyno results :)

Turns out this is what I need to do as well. VCT gear has no adjustment left. Need to skip it a tooth then advance the gear by 3.2 degrees. Trev, did you remark your TDC dimple?

Naa never marked it. I just recorded all results from setting it up and kept for safe keeping.

I actually need to do mine again. I didn't start it for a couple weeks after dialling in and there was a very faint noise audible when I was more than 5 metres from the car. There was the slightest wobble on exh gear. I pulled it off and there was a sliver of dried loctite behind it. Noise disappeared but I haven't redone it.

Will be building a complete new exhaust this week including opening up dump pipe and getting it higher as its now only 75mm from the ground so hopefully I get motivated to dial in again then need a tune with the WMI

Dammit this VCT gear is a pain in the ass to adjust! Having to remove the degree wheel and pointer and timing belt and then reset it all is such a f**k around. Reallyyyyy wish I had bought some adaptor plates when I bought the exhaust gear :/

How did you remove the pulley without removing the belt? I can get the pulley off with the belt on, but it's impossible to get back on. So need to take the belt off, which means removing the degree wheel and moving the pointer.

Ahhh this is getting ridiculous. I'm not getting anywhere. I've just adjusted the gear for the 6th time, but it cancels out. I've advanced it a quarter tooth 4 times, so one whole tooth. Each time the degree values change, but consistently, so I might get 39.5° and 168.5° and then I take it off and adjust it and get 37.5° and 165.5°, meaning I end up back at 116° every time. I don't understand. I've triple checked TDC, I've checked my formula, I've checked the dial indicator. Everything is correct but it's not working :/

Edited by Hanaldo