SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

In that case I'd just look at optimising the existing g3. I have the "old" one and I think it's great. And I don't think even have it high mounted and gated etc. Once the motor's breathing in and out properly you won't recognise it. :)

^^

That is very responsive for a SR20det. Not your car?

Also latest video from SSRicho. 1.31 lap time run at winton raceway.

R33 skyline. running our 21U high flow on 263rwkws.

This is the SAU VIC lap record at Winton.

From a turbo I've had for 3 years and done well over 30 track days.

The response from this turbo and the way it's tuned are perfect for Winton. I change gears 4 times (2x up, 2x down). 3rd gear pulls from 65kmh all the way to 160kmh.

After I give it a full cat back exhaust the boost level jumped 1.5psi. Did many launches measuring 0~100KM/H time. Its now sitting on about 7.5 secs from 14.5 factory (<= can you imagine what 0~100KM/H in 14.5 sec is like?).

hey stao how much is that top mount brae manfiold you use worth?

That one was $1100. I have a side mount manifold that you can have at same cost which holds the turbocharger on stock position. That has external gate port with plug made in case of running internal.

Lol was your Chinese counterpart happy with the sportage kit? Going to order many?

Hopefully so. they are still setting up a Testing rig there. If quantity is big I will move over there and build turbos for your guys at half price.

Lol! Shipping from China? im guessing half your production cost is shipping low volume material to aus before you can make your product and sell to us.

That is true, I've mentioned it before, some the housing castings Came in from overseas. they are quality castings, been through time and well tested. Join in part of globalization running through any other firms. Other wise it is not possible to produce at a cost that the majority can afford to pay today.

All machinery work turn casting into some thing useful as well as CHRA work are precisely done in Australia. That takes the majority of the cost in building the actual turbocharger. I've been pushing up in volume to drop costs so our products are more affordable, how ever I can not get rid of the cost of factory on goings as well as keeping good engineers.

About Chinese workmanship, we are seeing poor quality / low performance turbochargers because the people whom manufacturing them does not know the actual purpose of their products, instead paying more attention into what makes them $2 by such time it sales. They are businessman, not engineers, certainly not a automotive enthusiastic or have any knowledge in modifying a Skyline.

If I do fully establish in China, I can hire quality engineers at $5/H and train them to precisely build what I wanted, with much less running costs. Pass on all of that into consumers that takes away close to half of the retail costs. But its only worth considering if I have a permanent place in Chinese domestic market.

Ok, so I got round to doing another leak test on my car using compressed air, first time I have done it since the last mods. I found three very big ones; one was a split in the silicon joiner on my turbo/intake caused by the hose clamp, one was the hose going to my fuel pressure regulator, and one was some very shit welding of the IAT sensor done by a certain workshop here which shall remain unnamed. These are all now fixed.

Before I found these three, I couldn't even pump 2psi into the thing, it was bleeding off air too quickly. It now takes 10+psi, which is apparently the limit of the plug I made for the intake pipe, the end cap explodes out of the rubber joiner with quite a bang :laugh:. I might see if I can fix this somehow, either a better clamp or just epoxy the end cap to the joiner, try to get the system to hold 25+psi. Anyway, the intake now holds pressure quite solidly, and given the rate of how quickly it would bleed off pressure before, I have no doubt this would have affected the performance.

I will still degree the camshafts this week to cross that off the list as well, then I guess it's back on the dyno to see if there are any changes!

Edited by Hanaldo

Haha, thanks mate :)

I am also going to borrow or purchase some tungsten carbide rotary burrs. Need to pull off my JJR bellmouth dump pipe and match the opening to the gasket. Might also port the stock manifold while I'm there.

Further up dates. Most of our work up to date are around the 500HP range. We've improved power, response as well as boost control ability featured in the latest SS2.

up coming for trail: TD06SL21G featuring current 74mm SS2 compressor assembly. Take effects of this compressor behavior from the SS2 it should be able to pump through greater volume of air through out of the external gate in combination with the SL2 turbine. If the end result comes out same as the SS2 then we should have a L2 based turbocharger that has the identical response to a 20G while making more power then a 25G with fatter mid range torque.

I've handed over two drawings of additional billet compressor wheels to be cut, this is relating to the SS-4 development. Those wheels are engineered to produce the 450~500rwkws range, My injectors are maxing out and needs cams. but do let me know if any one is interested for the trail and I can work out a special price.

Ok, so I got round to doing another leak test on my car using compressed air, first time I have done it since the last mods. I found three very big ones; one was a split in the silicon joiner on my turbo/intake caused by the hose clamp, one was the hose going to my fuel pressure regulator, and one was some very shit welding of the IAT sensor done by a certain workshop here which shall remain unnamed. These are all now fixed.

Before I found these three, I couldn't even pump 2psi into the thing, it was bleeding off air too quickly. It now takes 10+psi, which is apparently the limit of the plug I made for the intake pipe, the end cap explodes out of the rubber joiner with quite a bang :laugh:. I might see if I can fix this somehow, either a better clamp or just epoxy the end cap to the joiner, try to get the system to hold 25+psi. Anyway, the intake now holds pressure quite solidly, and given the rate of how quickly it would bleed off pressure before, I have no doubt this would have affected the performance.

I will still degree the camshafts this week to cross that off the list as well, then I guess it's back on the dyno to see if there are any changes!

feel free to bang through your map and i will have a look over it if your still chasing neddies.

• Like 1