SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The 3540 in 1.06 turbine is a huge turbo for a Rb25det, and he's only 3m/h faster, I think I can get that mileage on 23psi with G3 on MT tyres.

And yes I'm making an 11 blade wheel profile for the SL2 at moment. Aiming at T67's power with 20G's response.

The vid I linked was on a .82a/r housing - he got that mileage on ~20psi on pump gas, so comparing 23psi on E85 is hardly apples and apples. I wasn't trying to compare the GT3582R with your turbo anyway, the GT3582R *IS* a large turbo (on your boost level and E85 it'd push him WELL into the 130mph range) and it is, or at least should be a lot laggier as well.

All I was trying to demonstrate is that an R33 can get into the tens even with a manual if it has the power to trap at 125+mph

Rizz89: Well if we did that high flow on the VL then it will be bit laggy for the Rb25det how ever it should produce more power due to larger wheel profile. Get Plazamaman's cooler kit, proper injectors and a tune.

R33's pretty heavy, is the Skyline in the video been fully stripped for drag? I will ask Trent to lose few pounds or askt Cat to drive for the next drag. :D

Nah I don't think so - though to be honest it was a long time ago so memory is a bit hazy but it was the owner's street car. The head light removal was just a thing done somewhere along the line to see if it made any difference from memory. The car was dynod at 450kw @ hubs as raced - I am sure there is no correction that you could do which would have brought it under 400kw (TCF was 1.00 and no AIT sensor manipulation was done) even though 450kw is a bit optimistic for most fair comparisons sake. It didn't have the strongest power delivery hence not being that quick for the power, it was running only 20psi and it's peak power was at just over 8000rpm and given that it was a stock motor/oil pump/etc he couldn't really rev it much higher to make the most of the peak power and hope to survive a run

Again not sure what the relevance is, I was just talking about trap speeds vs 1/4 mile times.

Hey guys
Good Results this time around at the drags :):):):)

12.807 @ 110.56 mph ( 177.92 kmh )

It was what i think a perfect launch.

hat was with Full 36 psi in my new KU36 tyres.

his shows you hypergears do go hard :):):)

340 HP Fyi

R33's pretty heavy, is the Skyline in the video been fully stripped for drag? I will ask Trent to lose few pounds or askt Cat to drive for the next drag. :D

:rofl: so thats why you didn't drive Stao..weight reduction...

guess you haven't met Victor

supernats_wideweb__470x2990_zps863d52d5.

Hey guys

Good Results this time around at the drags :):) :):)

12.807 @ 110.56 mph ( 177.92 kmh )

It was what i think a perfect launch.

hat was with Full 36 psi in my new KU36 tyres.

his shows you hypergears do go hard :):) :)

340 HP Fyi

Nice - all looks good to me, nice work!

Congratulations on the time Jay-rod. Good tyres and more practice made a difference. Great work.

Artz: haha yes, having Trent sitting behind steering wheel is like me driving with light weight Porsche wheels with carbon fibra bonnet and boot, plus no interior. He's used to drag VLs with Nos also lot more experienced.

Pretty close to spot on Jay-rod.

340hp at the crank and aprox skyline weight should do 12.2 and 110mph as a theoretical best.

You do have more than that at the fly but this is using a formula to work it out. I think if you were to be doing 112 or so your HP would be spot on for expectations. So your results are good.

Congratulations on the time Jay-rod. Good tyres made a difference. Great work.

Artz: haha yes, having Trent sitting behind steering wheel is like me driving with light weight Porsche wheels with carbon fibra bonnet and boot, plus no interior. He's used to drag VLs with Nos also lot more experienced.

Didnt you guys run RSR's? In theory they are slightly better than the KU36?

Didnt you guys run RSR's? In theory they are slightly better than the KU36?

Yeah I thought Federal RSRs were higher spec than Kumho KU36 too. :S

Either way excellent time Jay-rod - hope that I can get into the 12's my next time out.

I'm running RSRs. They are pretty good on road, probably because I rarely drive it on full throttle. They are not good drags.

Yeah i just mentioned it as i am running them too and at 360kw it grips up pretty hard in 3rd on a street surface so i thought a prepped track would be even better.....

Anyway, Back to the turbos :yes: keep up the good work guys!!!!