SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

only got 1 run in as i blew an intercooler hose mid 2nd run and i didnt bring any tools to the track :(

from memory it was 13.515 @ 112mph or similar - i am sure i posted my time previously.

i felt like it had a shit load more in it, launch was poor 60" was 2.2 / 2.3 reaction time of .600 i have only been to the drags once prior ever, usually hit barbs :)

Ah pity, I had some tools there you could have borrowed! Was that you that parked in front of me and my mates near the scrutineering shed? I was in the white 34, mates had the maroon 32 and the white Type-R?

Again though, 112mph with 366rwhp... It's a shame you only got one run in. How'd you go at Racewars?

only got 1 run in as i blew an intercooler hose mid 2nd run and i didnt bring any tools to the track :(

from memory it was 13.515 @ 112mph or similar - i am sure i posted my time previously.

i felt like it had a shit load more in it, launch was poor 60" was 2.2 / 2.3 reaction time of .600 i have only been to the drags once prior ever, usually hit barbs :)

Reaction time isn't going to affect your time. Interesting enough your time seems VERY similar to my first ever outing on my GT3076R with a soft tune in it - 14-15psi, 270kw @ hubs (equate to around 245ishrwkw on a DD?) did a similar time and trap speed on street tyres. What boost, and type of dyno was that on?

Here's a link for the dyno plot and time slip from back then: http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Skyline-Timeslip-13888.html

Reaction time isn't going to affect your time. Interesting enough your time seems VERY similar to my first ever outing on my GT3076R with a soft tune in it - 14-15psi, 270kw @ hubs (equate to around 245ishrwkw on a DD?) did a similar time and trap speed on street tyres. What boost, and type of dyno was that on?

Here's a link for the dyno plot and time slip from back then: http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Skyline-Timeslip-13888.html

Its as if you are online waiting for something!! :whistling:

Right, not getting too excited just yet as it may be nothing, but I MAY have found a problem that could have been holding me back.

I decided to raise the suspension back up to a driveable height today, and had to take the front bar off to get my jack under. While it wasoff, I noticed the 90 degree silicon joiner on my cold side cooler piping was being crushed against the body where it went through the hole to almost half its diameter :/ Not sure how it happened as no matter what I did it just didn't want to sit elsewhere, so in the end I cut some length off the joiner so that it would sit higher up, as well as using a die grinder to open up the hole a bit more.

It is now fine and back to its full dimensions, so should flow a lot better. Also quite lucky that the joiner isn't damaged at all, I imagine it wouldn't have liked being crushed like that. Anyway, I will take the car for a drive tomorrow and see if it makes any difference to performance.

Any differences after the silicon hose is replaced?

Releasing a cheap bolton turbo that is capable of doing 280rwkws internally gated. The ATR43 3.5. I've done a fair bit of sculpturing in to the imported china turbine housing. This turbo is capable of making 350rwkws on E85, external gate.

I will mark this price on $1100 including the oil line and high pressure actuator.

comp.JPG

turbine.JPG

Result of this turbocharger is page 366

Note since the turbine end is largely over sized. Make sure the factory dump pipe gasket and dump pipe flange is all touched up as its not in the way of flow.

I will sculpt another turbine housing for it that supports both external or internal waste gating like the SS2 .82.

As explained before the savings comes from the turbine housing (cost by KGs), that requires less parts or machinery work.

Compare to the ATR43xx series, because they were built in matched housings, they do picks up more mid range, and better response. So they are still the better bolton / Ext gate turbos.

But like I said it is a cheaper alternative, and will perform better then standard high flows. And I guess the biggest advantage is that a donor turbocharger is not required, which saves lot of time and shipping fees.

I will see if there are room to dropping pricing on our current standard high flowing service. and will pass that to our customers.

2nlr2j5.jpg

Did a little bit on car this weekend, nearly finished, just had Matt from Nistune do computer and picked it up tonight, might

turn the key next weekend, just have to fab up external wastegate pipe., have all the pieces just have to cut and weld them

during the week

cheers

darren

Had Tao's car out at heathcote today and on slippery as hell tyres (255 RSR's) we managed consistent 124-126mph runs @ 19-20psi. (330-350rwkw)

60ft times were 2.4 to 2.6 seconds and ET was 13.02 - 13.3.

Time for some decent tyres and we will revisit heathcote. Axle tramp pretty much all the way to 4th and 3/4 track.

383127_10151321877396813_1603945276_n.jp

528274_10151321697551813_2088743261_n.jp

^^^

haha we submitted the post on the same time.

Just came back from Drags today. I can still taste rubber in my mouth.

This is the very first time my car's on the drag strip. It was some how of a test run. Trent was my driver for the day as he would know whats going on incase if any issues. It was a factory weighted R33, We did not do any weight deduction work to the car.

We've got 6 runs though out the day. Because observation of the car's performance is mostly on dyno, so we did run in to couple of issues. And the Federal RSR tyres are horribly bad for drag strips, no grip WOT in first, 2nd and 3rd.

The problem runs:

First run was 17.9sec with cooler piping popped.

I guess thats a NA R33's drag time. @ 75m/h

2nd run was 14.94 Hitting boost cuts. 78.1 m/H .

I install and trail 2~5 different combinations of turbos every week, but did not record the EBC settings for individual turbos.

3rd run was 13.92 @ 116.7 m/H.

This car came with a quick shifter, how ever it doesn't go into gears in high RPMs, this problem carried on to all runs done today.

4th Run was 13.66 @ 122.28 m/H.

Car had fuel surging issue

5th Run was 13.55 @ 118.17 m/H.

Car continuing to have fuel surging issues. It wants to stalling or bogs down after gear shift. After more fuel added (3/4 of tank full) this problem was finally solved.

The last two runs were mechanically trouble free apart from unable getting into gear and no tyre grip till 4th gear.

6th Run was 13.26 @ 125.63 m/H , 60ft 2.3 sec, @ 23psi of boost. (Add: After check data log it was 20psi instead of 23)

Because of the car had no traction, we finished the day with a lower boost setting and surprisingly it run faster with less m/h.

7th Run was 13.06 @ 121.42 m/H, 60ft 2.5 sec, @ 20psi of boost. (edit: After check data log it was 18psi instead of 20)

dragstrip.jpg

The turbocharger run today was a externally gated ATR43G3 in .82 turbine.

We should be hitting the strip again on 12th May. I will replace the gear shifter and Will be getting some proper MT tyres. Hopefully be hitting into the Mid 12sec with around 130m/h speed.

Decent mph to HP converter the guys linked me too today at the drags. They were using it on their 8 and 9 sec cars

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

average r33 weighs 3060lbs

actual wet weights for GTR

R32 Skyline GT-R Specifications
GT-R GT-R Vspec
Weight 3262 lbs 3306 lbs

R33 Skyline GT-R Specifications
GT-R GT-R Vspec
Weight 3373 lbs 3395 lbs

R34 Skyline GT-R Specifications
GT-R GT-R Vspec
Weight 3388 lb 3432 lb

yeah should add all shifts were done 1 neutral 2nd then neutral then 3rd as shifter would not allow single action changes. so prob another few mph as each better change seemed to net a few more mph and better time. An honest 128mph run should be achievable on this little turbo.

tao i checked to log too at the end and all runs were closer to 20psi not 23 too. Last run was @ 18psi.