SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao do you have anything available that's GT2871R spec? Or are you able to highflow 300ZX twins to flow in excess of 400rwkw? Best i've seen was a 2871R highflow that pulled 350rwkw on 24psi and pump 98.

Ok to change up the turbo bov war here is me beating a WRX Sti.

Also, for the 1000m i got ~220 kph ( my Gps said 225 )

4th gear was still climbing and fast and as soon as i get into 5th its like the gear has no power, i guess the 5th gear is not a racing gear ( 1 to 1 ratio ?)

Anyway, below is my 400 rolling start against Sti, i also beat a 2011 Wrx STI aswell

Also i have video of me beating what i think was a slightly modified R32 GTR

( Sorry for the stupid laughs :P, me and my bro being idiots )

I can also put up my run Against Mclaren MP4 if you want? Pretty embarrassing though.

Did you video race vs my GTR?

Billet version to be exact it is 64mm, and that is equivalent to a 71mm 52T in cast. Or the SS1.5's 68mm wheel equivalent to a 76mm 52T in cast. So its going to be either one.

Solely based on the turbocharger as a twin it has no issues reaching the goal. how ever it might be reaching power ceilings if other components in the chain been maxed.

The VG30dett motor run 1.5L 3cyc per turbo, combination mentioned above is not too bad to drive. Alternatively I also have customized T2x turbine that is in 65mm. This turbine shaft is capable of flowing 480HP, and can work with the latest SS2's compressor wheel. Used as twin on the VG30dett can be very laggy.

Or I can high flow it to what ever you want it to be, if there is a combination in mind.

Well the aim is 400rwkw on Pump. Will be going to E85 when the power gets boring.

Build Spec's are:

Arias Forged Pistons

Shotpeened ConRods

ARP Rodbolts

ACL Race Bearings

AMS Turbo Manifolds

Japtek Side Mount Intercoolers
ID1000cc Side Feed Injectors

Walbro 400LPH E85 Pump
NIStune Ecu

Metal headgaskets
Pre turbo Water/Methanol Injection
Wizards of NOS SB150i2 Nitrous Kit

Engine is almost finished just need to get the rest of the bolt on bits. Will be going external gate too. (not my pic but you get the idea)

20120824_175233.jpg

Edited by Super Drager

thats nice. I wish I could get my hands on those when I had my 300zx.

Also with that 350rwkws using the 2871 cored high flow. Is that on internal gate or external gate? what sort of mods did that person have?

The only thing I'm not too happy with using a large core in the T25 housing is their compressor housing size. It will be good to run them in .60 compressor housings, how ever you will need to get those custom engine mounts for that fit. Its worth doing as you can run twin 3inches induction pipes too.

Modifying Skylines are so much easier compare to a Z32.

thats nice. I wish I could get my hands on those when I had my 300zx.

Also with that 350rwkws using the 2871 cored high flow. Is that on internal gate or external gate? what sort of mods did that person have?

The only thing I'm not too happy with using a large core in the T25 housing is their compressor housing size. It will be good to run them in .60 compressor housings, how ever you will need to get those custom engine mounts for that fit. Its worth doing as you can run twin 3inches induction pipes too.

Modifying Skylines are so much easier compare to a Z32.

the guy had

3" exhausts

Ported stock dumps

GT2871r highflows internal gate at 24psi

Ported manifolds

reground camshafts

big sidemounts

on 98 pump.

Edited by Super Drager

Well if above has external gate with a proper manifold I believe it should do very close to 400rwkws.

Since working on Z32 is expansive and troublesome. I trailed the all the possible high flow profiles on a CA18det before fitted them to my Z32. Running 71mm 52T comp wheel at 24psi in side Manual Z32 housings, threshed it every for about a month, it developed a wear mark on the comp end of the thrust bearing. But doesn't happen to .60 comp cover or using smaller 60mm comp wheels. So the usual chra that goes into them are the ATR28G1s.

If .60 comp housing with 3inch inlet and 2inches outlet is ok, then the billet 68mm SS1.5 high flow should be perfect for your setup.

Right, not getting too excited just yet as it may be nothing, but I MAY have found a problem that could have been holding me back.

I decided to raise the suspension back up to a driveable height today, and had to take the front bar off to get my jack under. While it wasoff, I noticed the 90 degree silicon joiner on my cold side cooler piping was being crushed against the body where it went through the hole to almost half its diameter :/ Not sure how it happened as no matter what I did it just didn't want to sit elsewhere, so in the end I cut some length off the joiner so that it would sit higher up, as well as using a die grinder to open up the hole a bit more.

It is now fine and back to its full dimensions, so should flow a lot better. Also quite lucky that the joiner isn't damaged at all, I imagine it wouldn't have liked being crushed like that. Anyway, I will take the car for a drive tomorrow and see if it makes any difference to performance.

Edited by Hanaldo

hey just looking for info ive got a hypergear atr28g3 ready to bolt on to my rb25 highmount just wanting to know if i can buy the oil and water lines to suit?

Can get the oil line off Stao. Just buy a coolant line kit to suit off ebay is probably the easiest thing to do. Confirm with Stao if you buy an oil line off him, but I think the water lines are M14. I havent got mine yet, I'm getting the setup from my HKS turbo copied for the Hypergear turbo when the engine comes out of my car

Wish this damn rain would go away so I could start doing it :(

hey just looking for info ive got a hypergear atr28g3 ready to bolt on to my rb25 highmount just wanting to know if i can buy the oil and water lines to suit?

ATR28G3 on a Rb25det would've been a very old turbocharger. I need to have a look a the bearing housing for the size of the fitting. If you can email me some photos of it, I will be able to tell you what sort of turbo that is as well as the fitting sizes.

Did Hattori ever post his results from the drags last week? I can't remember seeing them...

only got 1 run in as i blew an intercooler hose mid 2nd run and i didnt bring any tools to the track :(

from memory it was 13.515 @ 112mph or similar - i am sure i posted my time previously.

i felt like it had a shit load more in it, launch was poor 60" was 2.2 / 2.3 reaction time of .600 i have only been to the drags once prior ever, usually hit barbs :)