SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yeah, at the end there I was suggesting that lag will have a lot to do with poor trap speeds even if you're "supposed" to run X-mph with whatever power level you have.

This brings us back to the ideology that it is NOT your peak power that will determine things like ET and trap speed, but area under the curve.

lol oh ffs

get a video happening.

my cars been giving me the shits so im probably going to make a video over the weekend too. going to rip a big 'f*ck you' skid to say thanks for giving me hell the last few weeks. private road as usual, ill try capture my private neighbors and their private shaking fists while I do. Straya.

• Like 1

lol oh ffs

get a video happening.

my cars been giving me the shits so im probably going to make a video over the weekend too. going to rip a big 'f*ck you' skid to say thanks for giving me hell the last few weeks. private road as usual, ill try capture my private neighbors and their private shaking fists while I do. Straya.

Oh, just realised the link didn't appear in my other post. Just finished re-editing them anyway, here is the interior:

And the exterior:

That definitely does not sound laggy aside from the lazy launch.

What are you revving it to? I think you need to wring its neck a little further and be a little less forgiving on those shifts. Try cross the line in 4th, shifting to 5th just cost you time and MPH.

Yeah, at the end there I was suggesting that lag will have a lot to do with poor trap speeds even if you're "supposed" to run X-mph with whatever power level you have.

This brings us back to the ideology that it is NOT your peak power that will determine things like ET and trap speed, but area under the curve.

Correct..unless the car is auto..., but you still have to have both..a car with a big area under and no top end will lay over from half track

Hanaldo problems sound more like gear response..that will kill mph in a manual car, i lost 6 mph in one of my cars just because it

woudn't regain boost after gears immediatly..108mph vs 114mph..lol, that was just 3rd to 4th..before that it was worse in lower gears and was down near 105 or something. That was just caused by a few small boost leaks, but big turbo on fairly small motor, so amplified the problem

cheers

darren

haha, shifting to 5th costs big mph and at least 2-3 tenths( and thats only taking into account shift time)....been through this before, and not long ago last time, car went from low 13's straight into the 12.8 's

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

That definitely does not sound laggy aside from the lazy launch.

What are you revving it to? I think you need to wring its neck a little further and be a little less forgiving on those shifts. Try cross the line in 4th, shifting to 5th just cost you time and MPH.

Yeh I didn't get a chance to launch haha, staging issues.

I'm revving to 8000, rev limit is at 8500. I don't think I'm not revving it hard enough haha. I have tried shifting earlier at 7000 and 7500, but that just kills my times. And yeh, I did cross the line in 4th. That last shift to 5th is after the line, I just kept going :P Did you watch my boost gauge? It builds boost VERY slowly.

People need to realise that mph is worked out as a average aswell from start to finish. you can run down the track cross the line at 108 and be doing 108, and next run miss one gear, go across line and be doing 106 or something, but on sheet it will say 100mph.

So if you shift the extra gear, it does same sort thing from memory..

cheers

darren

People need to realise that mph is worked out as a average aswell from start to finish. you can run down the track cross the line at 108 and be doing 108, and next run miss one gear, go across line and be doing 106 or something, but on sheet it will say 100mph.

So if you shift the extra gear, it does same sort thing from memory..

cheers

darren

Even after the line? I was well past the finish when I shifted to fifth, I just did it for the fun of it. I always cross the line in 4th.

Halando my car is heaps faster then yours. :P

Also I noticed (ignore in case it was the sound of some thing else) you've got a habit of revving the engine before going to gear. That Rev is too long, engine's dropping rpm as the car's just rolling.

G3 can be updated into the latest turbine and compressor setup. I will keep pricing to minimum.

That video is no different to how I ran my car when at the drags as I didnt want to break anything. Still did a 12.9 @113mp with 2.2 60ft and 234rwkws of TD06 RB20.

I will just question, are you sure you are not rolling forward a smidge and braking the light. I remember doing an awesome run and got a 15.4 or something. I was waiting for a loud V8 to launch and piss off so I could hear what my car was doing and I must have just broken the light.

12 runs!...Sheesh I think i have done less than that my entire life. :) Good luck with getting it sorted. I can understand your frustration but provided the car is fun and reliable.

SO moving on to a question for Stao. What is the best Mitsubishi based turbo you can come up with for an RB25 that wants more power then a T67-25G but not quite T78 domain

12 runs!...Sheesh I think i have done less than that my entire life. :) Good luck with getting it sorted. I can understand your frustration but provided the car is fun and reliable.

SO moving on to a question for Stao. What is the best Mitsubishi based turbo you can come up with for an RB25 that wants more power then a T67-25G but not quite T78 domain

The car got cam timing and etc to sort, so looking to see final results after its all been fixed. Alternatively you can send it back for the latest G3 upgrade and see if that makes any changes.

Some thing makes more power then a T67, Its been already made. The ATRL25.5G 399rwkws with 23psi of boost on stock cams all within 7000RPMs.

Alternatively you can use our new SS2 turbocharger that has the same response as the SL220G while making lot more mid range and 10kws extra top to a T67.