SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Decreasing weight i can do

The KU36 will speed me up, my previous tyres were so bald i would barley get traction when i launched. ( way below the indicator ).

( if your talking the 1000 meter, then yes the ku36 prob slower than bald tyres, but i would rather be safe than dead :P )

Times yes, speeds no.

I'm not so interested in the times, that just tells me how good a driver you are. The trap speeds are what interest me.

Times yes, speeds no.

I'm not so interested in the times, that just tells me how good a driver you are. The trap speeds are what interest me.

Thats the wierd thing though, i went from 150 kph to 175 kph trap in 1 run, night ended before i could do more.

I have also found my short shifter ( dodgy ebay copy ) just does not like going into 3rd quickly, i have since put my stock shifter back in and can change normally now.

Nearly all my times were with a slow or missed 2nd to 3rd gear change, every time the trap speed was vastly different.

Thats the wierd thing though, i went from 150 kph to 175 kph trap in 1 run, night ended before i could do more.

I have also found my short shifter ( dodgy ebay copy ) just does not like going into 3rd quickly, i have since put my stock shifter back in and can change normally now.

Nearly all my times were with a slow or missed 2nd to 3rd gear change, every time the trap speed was vastly different.

Yeh missing gears is one thing that will kill your speed. My first run was 97mph cos in all my excitement I spent a good 3 seconds trying to find 3rd.

Proper high mount with an large external gate comes handy for high speed. The acceleration in high 3rd and 4th gear is totally different compare to stock manifold internally gated.

When I run the ATR45 on 431rwkws flooring 5th with speedo doing clock work, car kicks side to side and felt it wants to skit and roll so I backed off. Proper aerodynamics really comes in handy around there.

i have used an internal gate version of this and the manifold appears well made, and i did get a good power increase with this and there intake plenum (66whp however it was a change of dyno and tuner at the same time)

http://www.hybridperformance.co.nz/hp/product.php?id_product=82

however, i must note. although the manifold appears well made and has stood the test of time on the web (multiple forums, users)

i had to have the face of the manifold decked to get it to sit right / seal against the block (brand new manifold) the black paint faded after a lap around the block (less than 1km) , when i questioned the supplier about having to get the face shaved/decked no f**ks where given i was told "you got a manifold for a good price" . so factor that into your purchase decision (it cost $60 to get it decked, by my mechanic)

so although i think the supplier should eat a dick, it is a good manifold and factor in the cost to get it to sit right against the block, the steel is thick enough (13mm or 23mm on the face against the block check the website) and it is wayyy better than going a china stainless item.

most honest non biased review i can provide as it is 100% factual.

I would like to keep low mount.

What i really want is a good low mount aftermarket and external gate, havnt seen much/many tested though.

That was the exact problems when I fitted one of those manifolds into my test car.

That is a China manifold. and it cost $150 landed from China made in steel, I believe the seller painted them black or added an external port to it. I almost imported 100 pieces of them my self few month ago. But after trailing it as well as some proper Australian made manifolds I gave up. Building quality and performance is no where near.

So in the end i'm just happier to offer recommendations and provide results for every one to make up their own decisions.

as i suspected,

the intake manifold and exhaust manifold where china made, rebranded add on a few $100 and onsell to australia through new zealand. my mechanic wanted to belt me over the head with the plenum.

find this happening alot due to import laws / duty into NZ and then the trade agreement with Aus and NZ.

That was the exact problems when I fitted one of those manifolds into my test car.

That is a China manifold. and it cost $150 landed from China made in steel, I believe the seller painted them black or added an external port to it. I almost imported 100 pieces of them my self few month ago. But after trailing it as well as some proper Australian made manifolds I gave up. Building quality and performance is no were near.

So in the end i'm just happier to offer recommendations and provide results for every one to make up their own decisions.

That is a China manifold. and it cost $150 landed from China made in steel, I believe the seller painted them black or added an external port to it. I almost imported 100 pieces of them my self few month ago. But after trailing it as well as some proper Australian made manifolds I gave up. Building quality and performance is no where near.

Did you have results for that low mount with a atr43?

I've done 13.3 with lots of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd. that is also using stock manifold internal gate bolton turbo with 286rwkws. Car's on crappy road tyres. Looking at some Kumho KU31 255x17s. Any one know if 265 fits without rolling guards?

That depends on what rims, width and offset. Hardly anyone would be able to answer that properly..

the short answer is yes, with the right rim.

Really need a high mount with a large gate. The difference in higher speed is huge. You can run that with the G3 you've currently got which would satisfy the 330rwkws mark on P98. Or tun a ATR45 or a SL25.5 for 350~400rwkws. Pretty shame WA got no E85.