3" TBE

ATR43 with .63 trim - 4" inlet pipe and pod

hybrid inlet manifold and low mount exhaust manifold

850cc injectors

walbro

new clutch

think thats it

366whp @ 17psi

That is a pretty good result for 17psi of boost. Tried boosting it more?

I was hoping for 260 :P or 270 ( theoretical max speed of r34 ) haha

The car will hit a brick wall before 260, depending on its aero. IIRC you need 6 or 700hp to break through the barrier without massive resistance. Not to say you couldn't hit 300 without 600hp but means the car will need a LOT more road post 260kmh.

I've felt this myself, over 250 was near impossible where it was actually motoring before it got there. Wasn't anywhere near rev limit or out of torque band either.

You are right, i still have rear spoiler, windscreen wipers/mirrors/not very aero font bumper

Only have 340 Hp aswell

But mabye my speedo will be out around those numbers and it might "look" like im doing 300 :P:P:P

I will still claim it :P

That is a pretty good result for 17psi of boost. Tried boosting it more?

lost power at 18psi due to not being able to run as much timing.

was a good result i am happy and the car hammers, hard to get a good comparison due to changing manifolds, tuner and dyno in the one go.

This is one of the hardest strains you can put on your engine... I allways fitted egt monitoring for the standing mile and top speed events in the US when I was there. Might be somthing to look into

Your basically going to do the equivilent of 1-2minutes of running your car at full load on a dyno.

I'd be fattening up the tune to keep the egt's down.

Think oil coolers, lot's of taping up cracks and gaps, and getting the car loow... getting less air going under the car. At 250k/h you can raise the car up and inch or two. I'd go into it with a full tank too, just to keep some weight into the ass end.

If you have an aftermarket front bar, make sure it's secured by more than a couple of tech screws too.... anything going under the front wheels at speed isn't good.

I just wish we had a long enough, flat piece of rd in Tas to be able to do 1000m sprints of standing mile racing..

FYI

I am going to racewars (perth) and will be racing.

I guess ill be the first Hypergear Turbo to do a 1000 meter sprint?

Will be happening this weekend, hope to get as close to 300 as possible :):)

Will post my results up when im done :P

LOL didn't you trap 1/4 mile at mid 100mph?

You will be lucky to hit much over 200 let alone 300

We will see wont we.

Lucky to hit over 200? not really, getting over 200 is quite easy...

one of my traps was 176 btw

EDIT

Also since i was at the drags, i now have KU36 tires, i have replaced all my front bushes and fixed up some rear bushes

Replaced what i believe to be a leaking intercooler join, re programmed my boost controller ( more gain, less duty cycle )

Among other things, i believe the car can easily beat my shitty times before :P

Edited by jay-rod

what number in which run group? i may beat you to be the first to do the 1000m sprint :P

FYI

I am going to racewars (perth) and will be racing.

I guess ill be the first Hypergear Turbo to do a 1000 meter sprint?

Will be happening this weekend, hope to get as close to 300 as possible :):)

Will post my results up when im done :P

for reference Magic 1 on Antilag hit 230kmh at around 800m with a very strong headwind and he has 500+WHP

We will see wont we.

EDIT

Also since i was at the drags, i now have KU36 tires, i have replaced all my front bushes and fixed up some rear bushes

Replaced what i believe to be a leaking intercooler join, re programmed my boost controller ( more gain, less duty cycle )

We will see wont we.

EDIT

I would be guessing 210-220km/hr trap speed

lost power at 18psi due to not being able to run as much timing.

was a good result i am happy and the car hammers, hard to get a good comparison due to changing manifolds, tuner and dyno in the one go.

Good result, now just bring it to Whoopass tomorrow and back up the numbers :P I'll be there in mine again.

We will see wont we.

EDIT

The leaking intercooler pipe would be the only thing that MIGHT affect your trap speeds. Otherwise the KU36's will slow you down (more traction = more friction = less speed).

There really isn't a lot you can do to improve your trap speeds without increasing power or decreasing weight.

Decreasing weight i can do
The KU36 will speed me up, my previous tyres were so bald i would barley get traction when i launched. ( way below the indicator ).

( if your talking the 1000 meter, then yes the ku36 prob slower than bald tyres, but i would rather be safe than dead :P )