SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on the pricing and management to make latest technology more affordable.

For some customers whom has the boost drop issues with internal gate.

We normally loaded our actuators by 3mms in tension, It appears the exhaust pressure varies depending on mods as well as the day temp, which results in a boost drop of certain degree.

We had a SS1PU on the dyno yesterday, it had 4psi drop using a 14psi actuator which run from 20psi to 16psi. That actuator had no pre-load as the customer had to drive his car for a period of time before tuning.

in attempt to gain mid range boost, I overly loading the actuator spring by roughly 17mm. It looked at on photo below:

preload.JPG

Car has managed to gain 3psi in upper revs leaving only 1psi of drop making 280rwkws on the dot.

This problem can be fixed either by using a very stiff actuator or over load a softer actuator. advantage of the soft actuator is it allow low and high boost control working with a electric boost controller.

The wastegate only opens a sip some thing like 5 degrees to drop boost, plus they all equipped with a massive 38mm gate. So it only needs to open very little for boost control. If it works on the dyno then it will work on road. I don't see any down side of doing such.

So what would be the difference between that new 21U highflow and an SS1PU in the stock compressor housing like Birds? Same compressor wheel is it not?

the results look almost identical. just this new one makes a bit more top end

SS1PU has better response in lower gear even thou the looks very similar. The SS2.5 in side the high flow has much larger turbine wheel in compensate for the size of housing. SS2.5 did make more mid - top end power.

JPC only used a stock .63 turbine housing, and the rest is all of some thing else. Plus the car had large cams, engine work, plus a 3L bottom so it will be pretty hard to get their results unless I have the exact same setup. Plus I'm not going to run 30psi + of boost.

I need to get my hand on a OP6 turbine housing first, I will try to do this 400rwkws high flow based on the factory Hitachi compressor and turbine housings then see what it does on the dyno.

What boost should I be expecting to run with my Hi flow, it's a PU OP6 with .63 rear as it's auto, I got it tuned today and it made 318hp @ 15psi, the stock 260,000km Coilpacks started failing after that, so once I get a Stall converter and some OEM or Splitfires, what would be a decent boost to run?

thats 238kw @ 15psi, not bad!

change your coils and put as much boost into it as it will take. my guess is a reasonable setup will happily see 18psi out of one.

Stao does that new highflow have the variable vane thingies in the turbine housing?

I don't believe so. The VNT Project is a background project at the moment I think Stao said because there is alot of work involved. The turbine housing looks to standard (if we are talking about the same photo/turbo)

What boost should I be expecting to run with my Hi flow, it's a PU OP6 with .63 rear as it's auto, I got it tuned today and it made 318hp @ 15psi, the stock 260,000km Coilpacks started failing after that, so once I get a Stall converter and some OEM or Splitfires, what would be a decent boost to run?

Pretty good result for a high kmed auto. Run it on 18psi it should be making around the 260rwkws mark.

Back on the Infinity (name of this project) high flow project:

This high flow project is a cheap alternative to a high powered turbocharger, Its cheaper to modify a turbine wheel then building a brand new .82 turbine housing. I will be making some external gate adaptors for them too.

End result is pretty good, not only it made the power this response is better then any turbochargers with its power range. So instead of high mounting ebay special or a expansive alternative, this is making the same amount of power within rev limit with heaps better response. Plus its also a stock replacement works fine internally gated.

Here is a comparison against my SL20.5G and Std SL20G from results earlier. The margins has been 100% lined up.

Faded: Yellow, pink = ATRSL20.5

Green, blue = STD SL20G

Highlighted: SS2.5 21U high flow

powervs.jpg

boostvs.jpg

How ever the SS2/G3's turbine wheel with the .82b FNT turbine housing is still much more efficient, that makes heaps better torque and power power even thou the run the same compressor wheel.

vshfpower.jpg

The VNT stuff is work in progress mainly because its too expansive for any one to buy and own. So i'm looking for cheap alternative for it to work.

can you make them with ball bearing cores? or just 360 thrust washers? also as the standard nissan turbos are ball bearing, is the oil supply sufficiant to provide enough oil for these bush bearing style turbos? and finally as bush bearing turbos are not really designed for high boost aplications, how does this affect the life of these turbos when run at high boost levels?

finally as bush bearing turbos are not really designed for high boost aplications, how does this affect the life of these turbos when run at high boost levels?

This is not true. Has nothing to do with it.

can you make them with ball bearing cores? or just 360 thrust washers? also as the standard nissan turbos are ball bearing, is the oil supply sufficiant to provide enough oil for these bush bearing style turbos? and finally as bush bearing turbos are not really designed for high boost aplications, how does this affect the life of these turbos when run at high boost levels?

Yes can build in bush or balls. The bearing setup used with this SS2.5 High flow is in ball bearing.

Depending on the bush bearing setup. We make our own oversized collars and bearings and they would last longer then most of roller setup under high thrust load. They worked fine on 30psi

I'm having issues sourcing a Dead op6 turbo at the price I like to buy.

I'm happy to do a 400rwkws infinity high flow for a R34 customer at $800 including oil feeding line and actuator. In which I will use it for a dyno run before sending it off. Post up or PM if interested.

Yes can build in bush or balls. i

Im not sure what i prefer, bush or balls. Hahaha

Anyway i have a vg30 0p6 rear turbo looking to donate. I broke the front oil seal plate trying to diy rebuild. Looking at it against a 34 turbo it looks a little bigger but i cant be sure.