SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I would be interested to see inside the bore, and perhaps the plugs tips if they are still there. I too noticed the dint in the backing shield, dare I say Det damage? It looks like it's been blasted by hot metal particles.

Can a turbo perform better on a dyno than on the road?Like could two turbos that makes 250rwkw with the similar power curve get totally different results on the road.

I think what's happening is we are making the power but have a lot of lag between gears. On a dyno you're loading it up in 4th,so you don't see the difference between gears, but at the strip it makes a huge difference.

I think what's happening is we are making the power but have a lot of lag between gears. On a dyno you're loading it up in 4th,so you don't see the difference between gears, but at the strip it makes a huge difference.

Now that I have the gopro hooked up I might test this and record the time to build boost back up.

I was completely oblivious until Stao rang me about it. The plugs were fine, the motor doesnt miss a beat and I havent seen any oil being burnt.

Unless some of my valves or pistons are missing chunks and somehow continue to run, i was thinking maybe some slag or something has come away from within my exhaust manifold and caused this.

The launch control probably doesnt do the turbine any favours either. :whistling:

Wait I thought this was stock manifold, what manifold is it for slat to let go?

I ask because ive seen a known brand manifold do this to a kando recently.

I was completely oblivious until Stao rang me about it. The plugs were fine, the motor doesnt miss a beat and I havent seen any oil being burnt.

Unless some of my valves or pistons are missing chunks and somehow continue to run, i was thinking maybe some slag or something has come away from within my exhaust manifold and caused this.

The launch control probably doesnt do the turbine any favours either. :whistling:

I met you at a trackday a while back.

Wasnt yours the car with the bolt-ons from another car (turbo, intake manifold, injectors etc etc) as well as the ECU. But the ecu was tuned for those mods of the bolt ons in the other car and you hadnt bothered to get it tuned again to your car, you just hooked it and and went from there.?

If so then some decent DET might have been occurring methinks...

I met you at a trackday a while back.

Wasnt yours the car with the bolt-ons from another car (turbo, intake manifold, injectors etc etc) as well as the ECU. But the ecu was tuned for those mods of the bolt ons in the other car and you hadnt bothered to get it tuned again to your car, you just hooked it and and went from there.?

If so then some decent DET might have been occurring methinks...

Sorry you have me confused for someone else. I have an ATR43G3, standard plenum, nismo 550's and ViPec ECU.

I don't know about 115mph, but 106mph is way low for ~250wkw. Quite an odd pattern forming!

Thats stagea kw for mph..

I'm a bit lost, but most of the cars that have run the drags so far , are the ones that had problems on the dyno

anyway i thought, so i don't see a clear picture yet, Stao should go

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Was going to say that - my Prelude needed around 130kw to pull 96-98mph trap speeds and weighed ~1330kg as raced, must be an ultra low reading dyno to do 97+ with a "130kw" 300ZX.

I'd hope for over 98mph with 200kw in an R33 too, though.

That's what the dyno read and that's what i'm going off. I'd rather have the low reading dyno number and a good trap speed than the other way around.