SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Gee by the time I get my car 100% there's gonna be 100 new better turbos available.

Keep up the good work Stao!

If its off the car you can send it back to me for a update. The main difference in the SS2 would be the Type B rear housing and compressor housing.

Just came back from Drags :)

Very very happy

I can confirm its driver error that's causing my low times.

I think i could get a low 13s ( or a better driver )

Got a 13.822 @ 171.3km/h

Around a 4k launch

FYI

ATR45G2.5 is my turbo @ ~340hp

Just came back from Drags :)

Very very happy

I can confirm its driver error that's causing my low times.

I think i could get a low 13s ( or a better driver )

Got a 13.822 @ 171.3km/h

Around a 4k launch

FYI

ATR45G2.5 is my turbo @ ~340hp

Low 13's is definately possible, however 106mph means you aren't anywhere near 340rwhp.......

What have you changed in this new ss2.5? Is it a turbine change?

PM me if you would prefer

That BB SS2.5 has a larger turbine, that is only good for high flowing use. getting it back on the dyno Monday. The prototype SS2 had a different set of blades, making minor changes to boost ramp behavior.

I ran that exact time and speed with an S14 making 175rwkw with stock turbo.

my 60' was 1.8.

Unless your 60' was like 2.2 or higher and you missed gears a couple of times, it will be more than driver error that's the issue.

I ran that exact time and speed with an S14 making 175rwkw with stock turbo.

my 60' was 1.8.

Unless your 60' was like 2.2 or higher and you missed gears a couple of times, it will be more than driver error that's the issue.

Wow that's a huge difference in power

How much experience did you have prior to this run?

Wow that's a huge difference in power

How much experience did you have prior to this run?

First and only time at drags.

Got 4 runs.

first one was a 14.4 then eventually got 13.8 on the 4th run.

I kept shifting at 7K (silly in an SR) and would just touch the rev limiter in 3rd as I crossed the line.

Could have possibly been quicker if I shifted earlier but never got to go back.

Car was a series 1 S14 with heavy 17s.

255s on the back with pressure reduced to about 22psi

Stock Clutch, FMIC, 1 bar boost, pod, exhaust and tuned SAFC II

Done by Yavus at Unigroup

175.4rwkw

Stock turbo and clutch do make it easier to launch more consistantly though.

And the SR20 is a different torque curve to the RB so possibly easier to control wheel spin.

Edit - I should take my current car (stock RB25 R32 gtst) to get some base times.

Edited by TTT

I don't know about 115mph, but 106mph is way low for ~250wkw. Quite an odd pattern forming!

Seems to be pretty normal

I did 13.32 with 112Mph that was stock weighted R34 with a pu high flow 280rwkws on street tyres. Stock turbo run 14.6 with 98mph on 12psi with 200rwkws

Edited by GeorgesR34

Seems to be pretty normal

I did 13.32 with 112Mph that was stock weighted R34 with a pu high flow 280rwkws on street tyres. Stock turbo run 14.6 with 98mph on 12psi with 200rwkws

Just to show you how off your figures are. My non turbo 300ZX trapped 97.6mph with ~130rwkw, yet your R34 had "200rwkw" ;) Trap speed tells no lies

Can a turbo perform better on a dyno than on the road?

Like could two turbos that makes 250rwkw with the similar power curve get totally different results on the road.

Very easily, what i don't understand is how these turbos keep underperforming on the drag strip.

Edited by Super Drager

Just to show you how off your figures are. My non turbo 300ZX trapped 97.6mph with ~130rwkw, yet your R34 had "200rwkw" ;) Trap speed tells no lies

Punching your 97.6mph trap speed into a drag strip calculator - to only have ~130rwkw you would need to be weighing around 1315kg - the 300zx non-turbo (from my googling around) is around 1460kg without a driver. That's not an insignificant weight difference. Not questioning you - just curious :)

Was going to say that - my Prelude needed around 130kw to pull 96-98mph trap speeds and weighed ~1330kg as raced, must be an ultra low reading dyno to do 97+ with a "130kw" 300ZX.

I'd hope for over 98mph with 200kw in an R33 too, though.