SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

lmfao @ old darren :D

just clock the core man, trust me. I did it to mine when it had the exact same issue and the hose slipped on like a glove.

No glove no love!

itd be a couple of mils off at the most, just leave the core bolted into the housing loosely and then dummy fit the turbo to the manifold. Fiddle with the core position until you get it to fit with hose down the bottom (so it slips on with no kink in the hose, it wont be too short if u only move it enough to fix the kink). when you have it in the right spot tighten one of the bolts on the rear housing so that it fits and remove it all so you can tighten it properly knowing its in the right spot.

then re fit the shit knowing its all tight and clocked in the right spot. Dont overcomplicate whats this easy! lol

If you werent out in the desert somewhere id come help out :P

it would be less complicated to change the oil return, than take that turbo back of with the gate and 90 alloy bend on comp cover,

its all on a finished, exhaust and all. I will see how skinny arm mcfee goes first

being retired and on the pension theres no rush,i only need it to get me to lawn bowls on time, but beryl said she

will give me a lift till its done

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

BERYL

I guess it will save you fully removing it. You should have done it my way from the start though.

Having already done the comp cover is no biggie though coz you can just clock that too

And my dump pipe doesn't touch my heater pipe...lol

cheers

darren

I'm jelly. Mine also now sits 80mm from the ground on standard height :(

Once the turbo's pulled apart and putting back together, do make a note that the the oil feeding port points to the 2nd turbine bracket bolt after the manifold flange clock wise. After that is done the rest lines up.

Result from another SS2 based on an high mount manifold with external gate. Unfortunately this engine span a bearing before the dyno day, and it was tuned to 14psi on gate pressure with timing reduction keeping it safe. Still made 310rwkws:

ss214psipower.jpg

ss214psiboost.jpg

This is a bit of video uploaded by our partly sponsored drifter (blue car), running our std R33 high flowed turbocharger with Toshi's tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37vHdJfMCSI

you can clock the comp cover..f**k me,, all those yrs i have been putting cooler piping up through the

bonnet and i could have clocked the cover down, ive worn out so many holesaws to .. ..lmao

cheers

darren

ROFL oh man..

dont forget we got to write posts that everyone can follow in future. when you said having put the alloy elbow makes it more of a pain in the ass i just wanted to put a post so that anyone else in future knows its not coz you cant clock it back to the right spot LOL

BERYL...

post-43588-0-06640800-1362869622_thumb.jpg

No, no, im glad ive found out now, as if i had found this out before, i would have never had had Warner Bros approach me

to build the cars for Mad Max 4....they really loved the bullhorn style cooler pipes out of the bonnet of my project cars....ROFLMAO

Can we please keep talking about my oil drain for the next 3 pages, im on the edge of my seat...lol

Not joking now, i will check out that alignment Stao when i have no flue (11 days now, this is f**ked, and cbf hopping under car, and

Scott/ God, thanks for your advice

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

cmon man , don't be like that..im just joking, for all i know you could have fixed my problem easily..i do appreciate it,

I will have to look at it

when this frigging flue pisses of, im to weak atm to do anything

cheers

darren

Not hard .. 2 young kids bringing it home from school by the looks, and me working 7 days a week 18hrs days for last 4 weeks,

i knew it was coming as i was overworked , just not this bad , been 12 days with it so far, and im f**ked..

cheers

darren

comp.JPG

turbine.JPG

comp2.jpg

A beautify piece of turbinetry.
This is a new high flow profile for a standard R33 turbocharger. The goal to build a high flowed turbocharger in stock housings that can produce power as far as the supporting mods can take based on a standard engine with factory cams. I'll be trailing it on my high mount setup and hopping for 350rwkws on E85.
I like to add. Use a large CHRA into small housings would affect turbocharger's throttle and transition response. Which is why few of our latest turbochargers has been upgraded with larger housings.
In this particular build, I've used SS2's billet compressor wheel and roller bearing core, in hopping to smooth its power delivery behavior, making it a good every day turbocharger.

Standard high flow is $880 and oil line is $80 additional. To me the SS2.5 BB high flow probably has more value then whom ever charging 2G for a high flow. I like to trail it first.

Unfortunately we run out of time today and managed to trail a newer prototype SS2 that I've been building. ended up picking slight more response and ended up with identical power level.

power.jpg

boost2.jpg

And VS the current SS2 (note the current SS2 run more boost resulting bit more power mid range):

powervs.jpg

Very slightly advanced in response.

boost.jpg

This prototype is has the identical response as a SL20.5G.

This is a VS run of the SS2 Prototype against our latest SL20.5G (TD06SL220G with billet SS2 comp). identical response with 28KW more top end

Blue is SS2 Prototype

Rest is SL20.5G

powervstd06.jpg

boostvstd06.jpg