SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Just to depress you further......when I first bought my R32 (last century) it was stock, stock boost, auto but had a 3" cat-back. Did low 14s.

Same, a few weeks after I bought mine I ran it with pod filter exhaust and no other mods (turned out it was boost creeping - I assumed it was stock as I had no aftermarket boost gauge) and did 14.1 @ 103mph/165kph on a quite slippery track:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Skyline-Timeslip-3450.html

Looks like im gonna need to get out to WSID soon boys.

Cant let my HG brothers go down like this!

Same, a few weeks after I bought mine I ran it with pod filter exhaust and no other mods (turned out it was boost creeping - I assumed it was stock as I had no aftermarket boost gauge) and did 14.1 @ 103mph/165kph on a quite slippery track:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Skyline-Timeslip-3450.html

Makes me want to take my stock 32 down the strip before I put my bits on, my auto is slipping a bit on the flare from 1st to 2nd though.

Edited by Missileman

Your making me cry, im pretty sure my problem is driver error coupled with the slow spool between gear changes.

Not much you can do to affect trap speed though. Unless you're missing gears or backing off before the finish, your driving doesn't really have a lot to do with it. Boost response between gears does though. Unfortunately I think we are in the same boat in that regard, have you tried to see how long it takes to get back on full boost between gears?

Edited by Hanaldo

The only way to do that is to point a video camera at the dash and compare the time stamps between "tacho rising again" and "boost at happy level".

Made easier with a Link G4 ;)

That can be arranged :thumbsup:

thats it, teach that c*nt a lesson

hopefully i can borrow a go pro and can video me trying to rip the gearstick out the back window (as said by Jez himself on a prior test drive)

Woops fixed

I did 167 km/h so 103 mph

My highest was 105 ( 170 km/h ) but that run i completely f**ked the start lol.

105mph with a 1.77-1.8 60 ft will run 13.1 ish..

I am going to race this... stagea.....once...and not tell my wife(because she will kill me..lmao)...you boys better sharpen up..can't have

a 2 tonne family wagon beating you....lmfao

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Anyone have trouble fitting oil drain hose on G3?, only part that i have found hard. The standard hose was to short so i went

and got some more hose, but i noticed that the G3 core must be in a different spot to 25 turbo and now the turbo drain to block fitting

are offset,

no biggy except that the drain and block fitting are 2 close together and they struggle to change direction twice (bending to make up offset, then bending to go straight onto engine block so close together. If i saw it before, i would have fitted a aftermarket straight drain, and then it would be piss easy. (maybe i still will) I got it on, but i am not happy with it, as its only on block fitting7mm ish atm.On the ground with jacks i really have no leverage. Might wait to it gets tuned and when i borrow hoist to drop front driveshaft, get some leverage on pipe at same time..flamin mongrel..haha. Apart from that turbos all fitted, need to fit cams next.

cheers

darren

Yep, the oil drain is a pain in the ass. I ended up cutting mine, then using the off-cut piece as a hard pipe in between two small pieces of soft oil control hose.

Dodgy. Went braided when I had the head off the car.

ahh, cool, but if i did that, i might as well fit a straight turbo drain, as it would have to come off to cut it, anyway and a straight

drain would solve it as it has plenty of time to "shift over" and make up the offset, the problem isn't the offset, its the distance to

Murphys law, ive never used a stock turbo drain ever..the minute i do, it f**ks me in the ass..lol

On the dump pipe i fitted a couple of allen key bolts to the 2 bolts you can't get to(well on my dump you can't) i think you

had that tip Hanaldo, so cheers for that, made that simple to refit., whereas before it was a flamin mongrel

And my dump pipe doesn't touch my heater pipe...lol

cheers

darren

Darren my SR was the same... and I can tell you why and what it is...

its because...

stao...

can't guess exactly where the turbo needs to be clocked lol.

you just need to loosen the bolts on your rear housing and clock it a little to make it line up right again. Then clock the compressor again to put that right too.

simple as that! Cmon man I'm too young to be telling you this shit lol

can't blame him, ive had the turbo apart, welded on a 90 on the comp, welded a wastegate on turbine,

i reclocked it so the feed was dead at top, way ive always done it , never even checked bottom..didn't even think of the kinked steel drain as ive never

used one...

I think your right scott, but i think your also wrong,(or you could be right and right) if i clocked it, id need a longer hose again,

the one i have would be way to short, it would need to be 3 times longer than standard hose( and i thought you could use standard drain hose?)

And the other thing is, if the feed and drain in motor weren't offset..it would fit on fine, thats what i didnt account for...

(thats is whats happening isnt it, im not tripping, the standard drain isn't offset?, i never looked though, ive done everything at 10pm-2am ish in the dark with just a halogen so far, has undone me on a few things

Lol, enjoy being young haha, doesn't last forever, haha

cheers

darren

i've actually go it on aswell scott, i just need to pull it down of the turbo drain a bit and push it a bit more onto the block fitting,

id feell comfortable with another 10mm. i rang a mate and he reckons you need someone with smaller forearms to get in there

so i will get a young skinny wily wipper snapper to have a go on it sometime this weekend..lol

cheers

old darren