SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

guys FYI the following is 400 bucks delivered:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261045441228?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1390wt_1397

that is a GTR item which will work on any 240mm push type nissan clutch, RB25/SR20 included.

the clamp load is 1100kg so 300kw shouldnt be an issue. drivability will be as close to stock as possible.

hope that helps, NPC are good but you will be stunned @ the price.

guys FYI the following is 400 bucks delivered:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261045441228?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1390wt_1397

that is a GTR item which will work on any 240mm push type nissan clutch, RB25/SR20 included.

the clamp load is 1100kg so 300kw shouldnt be an issue. drivability will be as close to stock as possible.

hope that helps, NPC are good but you will be stunned @ the price.

Hey Scott,

I think those are the Exedy HD (re-manufactured pink cover ones). The Exedy Sports (silver cover) are the ones you want, the pink ones are terrible, I have had one before uneven wear on the friction plate not to mention you often hear people complain about them on various forums. And pedal feel of Exedy vs. NPC, Exedy pedal is super heavy not to mention people end up breaking pivots as well.

Hey Scott,

I think those are the Exedy HD (re-manufactured pink cover ones). The Exedy Sports (silver cover) are the ones you want, the pink ones are terrible, I have had one before uneven wear on the friction plate not to mention you often hear people complain about them on various forums. And pedal feel of Exedy vs. NPC, Exedy pedal is super heavy not to mention people end up breaking pivots as well.

The re mfg pink cover is made in Australia, the rest of the world gets the japanese MFG silver cover item. That clutch is coming from the UK.

You can also tell by the box where it says 'exedy racing clutch' with Daiken logos. Where as the said pink cover clutch will come with the ghey 'sports tuff' box.

Excuse my ignorance, but is clamping load all that determines if a clutch can handle a particular power level? I would have thought power delivery, torque, driving usage type etc all affects it also??

The friction material itself obviously affects the amount of torque that the clutch can transmit. If you have a higher coefficient of friction, you get more grip out of the same clamping force. The detailed design of the clutch affects the way that the raw clamping force is distributed across the plate(s), which will also affect how good the clutch is. Simply think of that as the clutch being 95% efficient, or 85% efficient, depending on how well it uses the total clamping force available.

Clutches can be (and usually are) generally "rated" at a certain power level on a given engine because the diameter is essentially fixed across most clutches for that engine and the torque/power delivery variables are almost fixed. Move the exact same clutch over to some different engine and the rating might have to be tweaked. If you take driving style into consideration, then the "power rating" of the clutch assumes a perfect driving style and you would sensibly de-rate the clutch for any non-perfect driving (whether that be the usage model or the clumsiness of the driver, etc).

Yeh start doesn't affect mph much.

Well. Guess that explains our runs at Powercruise. Either we are both hugely down on power, or our turbos are extremely laggy between gear changes.

I say laggy between gear changes.
Im pretty sure if i got a good run i would most likely do around 14.1

Am i changing gears wrong? should i be flat footing the whole way and riding the clutch in gear changes lol???

101mph? That'd have to be a HELL of a launch etc to do low 13s or 12s off that, with slicks at least. 101mph is reasonably typical for high 13s/low 14s on a clean run. What power and type of car are we talking? With reasonable spool I'd be expecting under 200kw from an R33 - if it is much over 200kw then its not a driver issue, it is something to do with how the power is delivered (which could include how much power there is).

I will take mine to the drags after i get my turbo back from Stao and retuned. See how it likes ~6000rpm clutch dumps on MT's

thats it, teach that c*nt a lesson

hopefully i can borrow a go pro and can video me trying to rip the gearstick out the back window (as said by Jez himself on a prior test drive)