SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Is that an aluminium elbow welded on there? 2.5"?

Yep ebay china spec..same as comp cover lol, ive been playing a game with this car,, try keep it cheap as possible, but also make shit last since its a roadtrip /family

car, that spend all its time in the hills, i didn't feel like replacing a 90 degree piece of silicon due heat every 2 ish yrs, hence the alloy 90, and its moves it fair away from standard,and higher aswell, just all fitted still with longer silicon joiner and a twist of stock intercooler pipe.

Braided cloth oil return, aluminium elbow, steel factory water lines, some ACL GTR heatshield on things, i am hoping i don't have to do no maintenance besides changing oil ever 5000km

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

lol go the giant external gate daz

haha...its was free..i had a old school 45mm turbodumb aswell sitting around .it did not fit as it was to tall, if i bought one i would definitly get a tial 38,

more flow and valve lift in same package. I hate internal gates.

90 percent the of the stuff i got is s/h or sitting around my shed , except for turbo and scotty intake (which fitted well, even though i changed the cooler pipe route, it still has 10mm clearance .Same as bloody silicon..i wanted black, but i found a big piece of blue

in the shed..so i am using that. I am not scared of boost , if it makes power at 23-24psi, its coping it,

Staos auto record better get smashed..lol

i upgraded the wmi to a 600cc jet and may put it pre-turbo for testing , hopefullly the fat pig runs some 12's, i wanna see results, can't wait to smash it on the wastegate..lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

yep, i lol'd, i bought it as its the only turbo Stao didn't change as much as his underpants..then i fitted it and he changed it...hahahahaha

Oh well, it will be better than what was on there, when i pulled it apart, the turbo bolts where loose , the exhaust mani bolts where loose

and the turbo side intercooler piping was not done up..it was laggy a f**k and whistled like a kettle for last 12 months, i just

cbf'd tracking it till i did turbo change ...bloody japanese muckanics..lol

cheers

I bought one of those hypergear modified Td06 20G billets for my 4age turbo aswell Scott, got a 8cm housing for it

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

LOL! how does it freaking get that bad..

admittedly tho, i got a cooler put on my car once and got it back from the mechanic with the two rear turbo bolts undone. the tabs had been pushes back and you could see the marks of double hex sockets being used on a long crooked extension.

never want to have work done by a mechanic ever again, unless i absolutely have to.

LOL! how does it freaking get that bad..

admittedly tho, i got a cooler put on my car once and got it back from the mechanic with the two rear turbo bolts undone. the tabs had been pushes back and you could see the marks of double hex sockets being used on a long crooked extension.

never want to have work done by a mechanic ever again, unless i absolutely have to.

if mechanics can f**k things up then why cant i? :P

if mechanics can f**k things up then why cant i? :P

lol generally i can do anything necessary.. yet that particular job was a FMIC on an NXR, which had to be custom. So they were employed to make up the pipes etc.

Turns out they wanted some return business.

ive done countless motor swaps and conversions myself, including a full build on my current SR. that was truly a one off. I may even learn to make my own pipes, screw having someone try to bend me over like that again. FYI I fixed that myself too lol kents

NPC 10" sprung button in my car for near 3 years now I think. Been handling 255rwkw easily. Never had any issues and couldn't be happier. If you have the money go the lightweight flywheel off NPC as well

I've heard good things about NPC before, but don't really know much about specifics of their products.

You got Doug's contact details Johnny? :)

Here you go :)

[email protected]

07 3277 9403

Ask for Doug, I'm sure he has dealt with many Skyline fellas in the past. He said the organic will easily handle 300 kWs, and the carbotic up to 400kWs.

He didn't disclose too much information, but from what I can tell the pressure plate is either from a 300ZX or a Patrol which they apply some magic too. This increases clamp but doesn't affect pedal feel, to be honest my pedal feels as soft (if not softer) than a standard Exedy OEM Replacement clutch. Also from my experience, the NPC 10" Carbotic is a tad more forgiving than a Exedy (NC10T) Sports Ceramic (4x puk from GT-R on a GTS-t). I can take off from slopes without looking like a moron LOL

So no need to waste money on NISMO pivot and NISMO slave

P.S. I don't work for NPC, but buy from them directly cheaper than resellers