SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Pretty sure they are all based onE85 runs are on External gate with high mount manifold.

Recent results are, yes.

But the G3 is an 'old' design. Original results (the ones I used when I bought my turbo) were on the stock manifold, internal gate, and 98 pump fuel. Just wanting to see if I can compare my turbo to these results without estimating, I don't think I can.

Highmount/external by looks, i want to see internal gate 56T vs 58T on stock manifold, thats what most people have/buy..

Also going back to the 56t, originally you where saying the 58t needed cams for more power from memory,

but going back to 56T and still giving samish results, have you actually run out of turbine flow?

cheers

darren

Doubtful... Its close to a 90 trim 60mm wheel.

Just want to give Stao some props on his turbos. I recently installed an ATR28G2 SS1PU to my sr20. Car has 180k and is unopened with all the usual bolt on's. I was running 18 psi and getting 226rwkw, no cams and it felt pretty good. I just whacked on a bellmouth dump and upped pressure to 20 psi and the car pulled 236rwkw.

What really blew me away was the change in mid-range from about 4500rpm, it feels like a different turbo, noticeably more torque. I winder what it will do with cams, New HG, head studs and 24 psi?? All I can say is great product, great performance and great price,keep up the great work Stao..

great to see another good SR SS1PU result!

who tuned it Morgan?

Tom at PZP. That guys awesome, knows his stuff and always has the time to answer questions.

I cant recommend him enough.

Highmount/external by looks, i want to see internal gate 56T vs 58T on stock manifold, thats what most people have/buy..

Also going back to the 56t, originally you where saying the 58t needed cams for more power from memory,

but going back to 56T and still giving samish results, have you actually run out of turbine flow?

cheers

darren

The turbine can flow plentiful, it is a larger trimmed turbine originally engineered to use with small housinged high flows.

With the stock exhaust manifold, I can't get any thing pass 322rwkws on e85 (-40kws=98 power), and that is a SS2 turbo making 375rwkws on a proper high mount externally gated. So there isn't much more I can do apart from modifying the actual manifold or build turbos that shifts boost curve band n forward.

To compare result with pump 98 internally gated simply:

Power:

High mount E85 result - 40Kws from E85 - 15Kws External gate

So the new G3 would make:

376 - 40 - 15 = 321rwkws On pump 98 internally gated with a free flow exhaust manifold and exhaust setup.

Using factory manifold it will cap maximum power output to the 280rwkws mark. But

Factory log manifold produces better response, in comparison by 150rpms. So G3 can do 280rwkws @ 20psi by 3750RPMs.

Latest G3 results look unreal... :woot: are ther still plans for a 73mm comped td06 l2.

Nice work Stao

Probably a 76mm wheel with complete G3 housing assembly. If I can get the SL2 to produce 376rwkws without revving passing 7000rpms with 20psi by 3500rpms would be pretty sweet.

Just want to give Stao some props on his turbos. I recently installed an ATR28G2 SS1PU to my sr20. Car has 180k and is unopened with all the usual bolt on's. I was running 18 psi and getting 226rwkw, no cams and it felt pretty good. I just whacked on a bellmouth dump and upped pressure to 20 psi and the car pulled 236rwkw.

Thanks for the feedbacks. Will be looking forward to see you results with some cams.

Didn't that fab dude that does all the lobster pipes, go a a easy 350rwkw on 20psi on standard mani on a G3 on E85

ages ago?, now he has a ss2 , and he wasn't the only one?

Out of interest any thoughts why do you think the 56t performs so well compared to 58T if your not out of turbine flow and theres no restrictions else where?

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Yes that is Abe. He's spent lots of time die-grinding all the ports of the stock manifold. Can't get his result with a stock manifold.

58T in theory should be making more because it has larger inducing area. How ever the car was out dated for a service using 8000km old engine oil. Recent runs were done straight after a service. Have to admit my car drove heaps better with fresh oil too. That part is arguable.

My main concern is better transition and throttle response, and the current version satisfy that criteria.

I'm going to try out the atr28g2 soon on my sr20det soon once I get a fnt housing off stao big boost 22 to 24 psi e85 Poncams

Just want to have one more run to see the best time I can get with the kando and Ill do the turbo swap over

Hopefully it will make similar power than I am now on less boost and better response cause the fnt and bigger compressor than the tdo5h18g

I'll get Unigroup to print me a back to back comparison and post it up once done and I'll be testing it put at wsid aswell

Edited by hy_rpm

Yes that is Abe. He's spent lots of time die-grinding all the ports of the stock manifold. Can't get his result with a stock manifold.

58T in theory should be making more because it has larger inducing area. How ever the car was out dated for a service using 8000km old engine oil. Recent runs were done straight after a service. Have to admit my car drove heaps better with fresh oil too. That part is arguable.

My main concern is better transition and throttle response, and the current version satisfy that criteria.

Yeh i 100% agree you've done the right thing, just had me a bit puzzled on the outcome really

cheers

darren

Ok. as already been posted in the 400rwkws group, I've also trailed the ball bearing ATR45, or also called the ATR43 G4 profile for the Rb bolton series. This turbocharger is not responsive but ended up making 431rwkws @ 26psi. Pretty scary, foot down in 3rd and 4th, feels like the incoming air resistance is about to tear the whole car apart. It jumps from 120km/h to some where around 210km/h (stock cluster) in a blink of an eye. The RSR tyres held pretty wheel with a little wheel spin in 3rd and held all the way through 4th. mid top torque is crazy. I think this turbo can pull some series quarter mile times.

Dyno sheet:

atr45power.jpg

atr45boost.jpg

Tuning video:

I've pretty much decided to go with a Hypergear highflow service for my car, but wanted a bit of final confirmation/recommendation before I proceed...

The car:
'99 C34s2 RS4-S Stagea

Mods:
Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
3" Full stainless steel Fujitsubo exhaust and stainless steel front pipe with 3" Venom 200cpi hi-flow cat
Nistune ECU
Turbosmart Boost Tee
Nismo High-Flow Volume Fuel Pump
HKS Panel Filter

Possible future mods: Z32 AFM and larger injectors

My thoughts are to go for the PU Highflow service, to give me some headroom for future mods. Is there a better option?

I'm looking for good response and useable power. The car is my daily driver, not a track car.

See below the graph from my most recent tune...

Also - I'm on the look out for an OP6 to send in for this, so that I can keep driving my car.

Jaustechdyno22012013_zps1e67fb92.jpg

Edited by Marshstag

I think the SS1PU is abit small for the Stagea as the engine is tolling a much heavier car. I think the billet SS2 or the roller bearing G3 would be a perfect turbocharger for this vehicle if it has to be a brand new turbocharger. Alternatively highflowing standard OP6 turbocharger is also a good option.

I'm in a similar boat (geddit, boat? :D ) and will go the SS2 or, more likely, G3. It's not a daily so I'm not concerned about lag which is why I'm leaning towards the G3.

I just need to sort out my injector choice before buying the turbo. My kingdom for a simple 1000cc injector solution for a Neo!