SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I reckon the delivery of the turbo plays a definite part in the ET, and the on-off responsiveness between gears in the trap speed and ET for sure. The G3 as Stao says has good 'rush' up top, but a little lazy in and out of gears (on stock manifold low mount I mean) and kind of like a light switch delivery in 1st and 2nd which makes juggling bog/wheelspin hard off the line.

And obviously driver experience at the strip :P

+1

It wasn't easy to get off the line- first run i bogged hard and the next I fried the tyres. I think I'm going to need a fair bit of seat time to get the launch right!

Yeh I think Luke's and my trap results are very effected by boost response between gears. Took the car for a drive the other night and tested that out, and I've got about half a second to a full second of lag between each gear change.

Block up BOV helps.

The launch won't affect you trap speeds much most 1-2mph the better you launch better 60ft you trap speed will be lower

But yes it will affect you et I think its for every 0.1 quicker off your 60ft it's 0.2 off your et

So you will need a 2.0 60ft and you will be in the 12.8 but proberly 113 or 114mph

Yeh I think Luke's and my trap results are very effected by boost response between gears. Took the car for a drive the other night and tested that out, and I've got about half a second to a full second of lag between each gear change.

SS2 FTW!!

comp.JPG

This is the latest G3 turbocharger. It has stepped down back to a 56T from 58. I've focused it on better throttle response and transition response.

The prototype about is built in ball bearing. It felt pretty good on road comes on boost with very light throttle. hitting the dyno again on Wednesday and see how it goes.

Yes it has stepped down to 56T. No point going for a 58T if majority don't have a setup and a engine for that extra power. This one was focused on throttle and transition response. It makes an great every day road turbocharger within the budget.

This casting is in steel as usual.

I'm dreaming of the day you trim down the turbine to something under 80.... I think that would work better for response again.

The sl2 wheel is 61mm with a mid 70s trim. You saw the response on that vs your ss2 when they were running the same compressor... Just do eeeet

Well it made 30kws difference in power with less boost compare to the L2 turbine. Also peeks boost at the exact same RPM which is pretty interesting (Do have slightly lower RPM to Boost ratio before that point, result overlay at page 351)

This turbo needs to be able to work internally gated, So reducing the trim on turbine end will probably hurt that. Small trimmed turbine might work ok on smaller SR and Rb20 engines, When you are bored of the SS1PU and ready for a high mount I can trim one for you to your recommendations.

You just need to tell me what housing to supply, as I will be buying the Tial housing soon.

At the moment I was going to buy a .64 suit GT28, but if you want me to get a GT30 spec housing just let me know. Yet the GT30 are 60mm 84 trim, so we might be better off using the .64 GT28 housing anyway so we can profile it up. The GT30 housing would need a sleeve which I am not too confident in doing.

Can you tell me the specs of your highflow turbine? From memory its a 60mm but different to whats in a G3?

Welcome to A Brand new all better and all mightier ATR43G3 turbocharger. The Older 58T version is now retired.
comp.JPG

This turbocharger have out performed the older profile of the G3 in both peek power and response. Both turbochargers had roller bearing cartridges installed.

Thin Yellow and Red (18psi) is the latest G3
Thick Yellow is the older 58T G3

This turbocharger stopped making power at 376rwkws @ 23psi.

atr43g376rwkw.jpg

atr43g3boost.jpg

Stao,

Are these results comparable? Ie. your new setup is on an aftermarket highmount manifold and externally gated, did you test the old profile G3 on the same setup or is this new result vs the old stock manifold/internal wastegate result?

Highmount/external by looks, i want to see internal gate 56T vs 58T on stock manifold, thats what most people have/buy..

Also going back to the 56t, originally you where saying the 58t needed cams for more power from memory,

but going back to 56T and still giving samish results, have you actually run out of turbine flow?

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31