SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I've been running the BB G3 with the latest comp profile for about 1000KMs so far and it appears to hold together well. I can swap this one with any G3 owner for free. PM me if interested.

Dyno results of standard and latest BB unit:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/page-352

result only shown difference in 4th gear to floor. the transition and throttle response between the two is quite different.

looking at running water meth injection, whats a safe boost level for the tATR43?

You can run till it stops making power. Around 24psi

Hey Stao do you mean even my thrust bearing g3 can be updated to BB aswell as the updated comp housing?

Yes I can rebuild your bush bearing G3 into ball bearing and updated comp housing. in this case I will swap you with the one that is currently in my car free. I will need your turbocharger back for a day or two for a small modification on the turbine housing as well as the comp housing.

The ball bearing update can apply to all Gx, Gx based Rb highflows, SS2, and SS3 turbochargers.

Hi all,

Went out to WSID last night to run the car for first time since my PU highflow.

First run was a 13.2 @ 115mph with a rubbish 2.2 60ft

Second run does not bear a mention and then it PISSED DOWN RAIN

I was really hoping to bust into the 12's but im not sure it (or the useless driver!) will manage it.

Anyway, just thought id share that with the internets

Well to get fast time you will need small rims with fat simeslick tyres (hint from Trent), I used to skit all over 3rd gear with a G3 on my road tyres and that was a slow 330rwkws. Run RSRs or better will help heaps.

After doing abit of reading on the net, its not a bad time for a stock weighted R33 internally gated, stock manifold on pump 98 at that power level, there is a huge difference in mid to top end range torque with high mount and external gate after 120km/h. But I don't know how the car run slower and slower after each pull.

Also G3 is changing, I will post some photos of the latest G3 tomorrow, in hopping for the same power level with much better throttle response, it will also be equipped with the latest bearing and lubrication setup as well as optional ball bearing.

Hi all,

Went out to WSID last night to run the car for first time since my PU highflow.

First run was a 13.2 @ 115mph with a rubbish 2.2 60ft

Second run does not bear a mention and then it PISSED DOWN RAIN

I was really hoping to bust into the 12's but im not sure it (or the useless driver!) will manage it.

Anyway, just thought id share that with the internets

Nice, sounds on the money to me. I did 13.3 @ 112mph off a 2.2s 60ft with a bit less power on street tyres on an airstrip with my GT3076R. Put stickier tyres on it and ran 12.6 @ 112mph off a 1.9s 60ft (same strip, same driver... I was still learning how to make it work, not great traction) - it took me low 2.0s 60fts to get into the 12s from memory so not far away.

I reckon the delivery of the turbo plays a definite part in the ET, and the on-off responsiveness between gears in the trap speed and ET for sure. The G3 as Stao says has good 'rush' up top, but a little lazy in and out of gears (on stock manifold low mount I mean) and kind of like a light switch delivery in 1st and 2nd which makes juggling bog/wheelspin hard off the line.

And obviously driver experience at the strip :P

Yeh I think Luke's and my trap results are very effected by boost response between gears. Took the car for a drive the other night and tested that out, and I've got about half a second to a full second of lag between each gear change.

I reckon the delivery of the turbo plays a definite part in the ET, and the on-off responsiveness between gears in the trap speed and ET for sure. The G3 as Stao says has good 'rush' up top, but a little lazy in and out of gears (on stock manifold low mount I mean) and kind of like a light switch delivery in 1st and 2nd which makes juggling bog/wheelspin hard off the line.

And obviously driver experience at the strip :P

You will find the BB G3 with the latest comp profile changes that power delivery behavior by a lot. It smooths the power delivery pattern, which takes out that big launch behavior, sticks the car on the road better.

Yeh I think Luke's and my trap results are very effected by boost response between gears. Took the car for a drive the other night and tested that out, and I've got about half a second to a full second of lag between each gear change.

That lag you explained would absolutely kill mph, if its that bad...glad im auto..lol,

looking at the G3 drag vids, they do look lazy

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31