SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hypergear-

I read in another post of yours that you get parts from Melet, I was wondering if you could get this part # 1301-027-851, its an exhaust housing for a KKK K27 turbo.

Just after a price at the moment.

Thanks

Andrew

This is a Custom made GT3076RS in a .63 Rear internally gated setup bolton to stock Manifold

gt3076.JPG

gt2076rear.JPG

i am super interested in prices on this type of unit... plus dyno sheets etc!

would you expect any problems with boost control?

Yes can supply a Vband flange to suit. With boost creep it depends on the size of the wastegate. The one you saw on the photo has been machined out to 31mm. Thats the biggest we can go, I haven't seen them spike yet. Price wise at moment they are $1700. It Depends on Garrett's Whole sale price on Australia.

Yes can supply a Vband flange to suit. With boost creep it depends on the size of the wastegate. The one you saw on the photo has been machined out to 31mm. Thats the biggest we can go, I haven't seen them spike yet. Price wise at moment they are $1700. It Depends on Garrett's Whole sale price on Australia.

how would they compare with say a tr43 g2 then?!?

oil and water lines needed or just oil?

Hi all,

ok, it's been a long journey, and there have been a few hiccups along the way, but i think we're finally sorted.

I've been a bit of guinea pig for Stao at his high-flows as there wasn't any R34 data around, and there wasn't any OP6 rear housing data around. I can now say that the results are in and i'm happy to let others out there know how everything went.

First turbo we tried as an R33 rear housing, 71mm compressor wheel and the 'G2' profile. Long story short, was VERY responsive (read stock response), but only got about ~220rwkw. Engine/turbo wasn't that happy with the rear housing (being an R33) but the turbo was very punchy. Those specs with an OP6 rear housing, i think would make for a very nice responsive turbo, but i was chasing 250rkw :P

Enter the OP6 rear housing, Hyper Gear's G3 Profile and 76mm compressor wheel. Obviously a trade off in response, but not that much and was able to achieve the 250rwkw. Full boost by around 3600rpm, which i think is very livable after driving around town. The goal was something equivalent to the HKS GTR-S or HKS GT2835Pro S without the MASSIVE price tag, and i think we've come pretty damn close for a $800 turbo.

And finally, the results.... in chart form!!

252rwkw @ 17.4psi - 241rwkw @15.5psi - nice fat, smooth curve

IMG_0311-1.jpg

IMG_0309-1.jpg

The green line is with Z32 AFM, you can see how dead flat it became :P i believe the little dip was due to a touch of pinging, so i "think" it backed off a bit around there. But don't quote me on that :) I don't know much about these things

IMG_0310-1.jpg

And +11ty thanks to STATUS TUNING for doing ALL the work and tuning on the car. I truly cannot recommend these guys enough. They have looked after me unbelievable well, and their attention to detail, pride in their work and quality of their work is beyond excellent. They may be busy (what good workshop isn't) but if you're looking for a performance workshop to take your car too, you will be very hard pressed to find anywhere better than Status.

Also helps that Trent is also generous enough to give some of this very limited time to help a lot of people out in the Forced Induction section for free, so if you get some advice from 'URAS' in your thread, you'd be well off listening to it

So for those not wanting to spend the big dollars on a GTRS etc, i reckon a G3/76mm turbo from HyperGear would be the go. OP6 rear housing, or maybe even buy one of AVO's rear housings... now that would be fun :D

how would they compare with say a tr43 g2 then?!?

oil and water lines needed or just oil?

I too would like to know that, as I am very keen on a G2. more I'd love to see back to back tests of a TR43 G1 vs G2 on a 2.5lt running the same PSI

i think a highflow miight be a better option (price wise) then a a Tr43 G1. but a G2 better then a highflow (power wise).

please correct me as i dont wanna do this twice.

regards

Chris

what about a graph comparing to the stock turbo and/or the 220rwkw version?

ash let me know exactly what your after (boost power torque etc... and i will sit down and put all of them on the same graph. prob sat night though.

PS. Im not sure if everyone has seen daniels R34 but it is one sweet sweet ride and working on it is never a chore as it seems to get cleaner and newer every time i see it :) definatly a customers car i would like to add to my garage.

Edited by URAS

The OP6 housing worked well with our ATR28G3 CHRA. I was hopping to see about 270rwkws as We maxed that CHRA at 282rwkws with with a Ca18det and .64 T2x internally gated housing. I guess with a Massive pod, and 3inch decat exhaust at 20psi of boost you might see another 10~15rwkws which would be about the max flow for the OP6 rear housings.

The next upgrade would be highflowing with AVO's .63 and .71 turbine housing with a higher trimed 76 or 82mm compressor.

Dam howcome you guys are geting good power??? i only got 233kws... i want like 240's 250's..........

Blitz LM Cooler

3inch Turboback exhaust bashed out cat

Spiltfire coilpacks 0.8m BCPR7ES

Apexi pod filter

Z32 AFM

Apexi PFC

Greddy Profec Spec B-II

740cc injectors highflowed

Walbro Fuel Pump Gss-342

Hypergear highflow ATR28G2 profile with 71mm compressor

5 puk clutch

how much kw's can u get normally with these mods??? Can i get a re-tune.. because i remmber i head leaking issues......

Geraus you need to find a OP6 Rear turbine housing from some R34 skylines and VG30 engines. You will get similar results with those. Stock R33 turbine housing won't flow enough.

I too would like to know that, as I am very keen on a G2. more I'd love to see back to back tests of a TR43 G1 vs G2 on a 2.5lt running the same PSI

i think a highflow miight be a better option (price wise) then a a Tr43 G1. but a G2 better then a highflow (power wise).

please correct me as i dont wanna do this twice.

regards

Chris

also playing with the idea on something similar!!!

my options are either a tr43 g1 or g2 or now possibly the gt3076r with a 0.63

looking at stuff that will bolt onto a rb20

Dam howcome you guys are geting good power??? i only got 233kws... i want like 240's 250's..........

Blitz LM Cooler

3inch Turboback exhaust bashed out cat

Spiltfire coilpacks 0.8m BCPR7ES

Apexi pod filter

Z32 AFM

Apexi PFC

Greddy Profec Spec B-II

740cc injectors highflowed

Walbro Fuel Pump Gss-342

Hypergear highflow ATR28G2 profile with 71mm compressor

5 puk clutch

how much kw's can u get normally with these mods??? Can i get a re-tune.. because i remmber i head leaking issues......

i only made 225rwkw with the G2/71

i've got a G3/76

hey Daniel what sort of ecu, injectors and clutch do you have on your R34 ? I'm guessing the stock clutch wouldn't cut it with 250rwkw right ?? How much did the turbo cost you all up and did they use your stock R34 turbo for the highflow?

sorry just about to head out...

stock clutch... can't it handle this much power? seems ok?

injectors Nismo 480cc's. Wanted the nice spray pattern and something that drops straight in. Been told with an adj FPR, i can get to 300rwkw safely

Turbo was $800

New oil line was $75-80

and that's it.

For the second time round, G3/76mm - i used an OP6 rear housing - check the main hypergear thread for my dyno results

geraus, i reckon you're doing well to get that power with that turbo... my car always seems to be a bit down on power when you compare the same mods