SAU Community

Wanted Photo's Of All Custom Painted Wagon's

darrinspencer

This thread was made for me! You can't keep it to wagons though, if you are looking for inspiration I would look at everything for style, content and application. Have a look at sport trucks as this is an area where customisation is at it's extreme.

post-8679-1236214738_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214767_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214802_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214840_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214863_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214902_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214926_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214951_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236214986_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215040_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215105_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215133_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215201_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215252_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215288_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215322_thumb.jpg

post-8679-1236215371_thumb.jpg

I've got lots more saved up... What are you thinking Darrin?

Wow some of those graphics are pretty insane. That Lamborghini with the graffiti is pretty cool never seen that before. I hate to think what some of those paint jobs cost though. Probably more than the cars in some cases.

I've got lots more saved up... What are you thinking Darrin?

Nothing that fancy. Not looking for a autosalon car, will still be a daily driver

I need to paint 80% of my car anyway, so I was thinking a non factory colour.

I have done 7 full colour swaps before on my previous cars. It is a bit more work, but it is worth it.

I like blue's and have considered going bayside blue to stick with the Nissan theme.

Previous cars in blue have been ford cabolt blue on a series 4 RX7, subaru wrx blue on a AW11 MR2 and ford blueprint on my r33.

I am not sure if a darker or lighter colour will suit the bigger car. Might need to check out the new HSV wagons for an idea.

post-14923-1236217302.jpg

post-14923-1236217380_thumb.jpg

Hmmm I reckon thats a bit too blue Darrin, the Stagea being such a big car I reckon it needs a subtle shade.

I really like dark colours e.g. dark Purple / Plum or Black. Also I have seen some really nice BMW colous lately that I reckon would suit the Stagea Silver Gray Metallic and Sparkling Graphite Metallic the second one looks awesome in the flesh kind of changes colour slightly in the light.

post-39581-1236222112_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1236222143_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1236222185_thumb.jpg

post-39581-1236222287_thumb.jpg

I'll be doing a spray job on my car - BUT will keep it Pearl White

want to fix up the mirror areas, a cple of body touchup areas, then pearl white with heaps of purple/electric-blue pearl

just to make it look sparkling, and would be the last final job on the car (prior to bottom end, hehehehe lolz)

heres my r31 wagon with the new look "cherry cola" black with red pearl... should be finished soon its been 5 years in the making... i painted that in the shed and it still needs a buff so go easy on me

DSC00399.jpg

Wagonback.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

To be honest I like the dark purple but the darker colors tend to be show the dirt where as the blue probably wouldn’t.

If it were mine I would go with the purple anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this colour too gay?

Lambo orange or ford TX5 electric orange

I need to consider resale as well.

I don't mind it, I spose "some" might claim it's a bit gay but they probably think anything other thank black or white is a bit gay :D

It's a bright orange without being too bright, even a sun burnt orange might be a nice colour choice :blush:

Until you see it on your particular car though it's hard to tell :sick:

Is this colour too gay?

WHAT THE HELL!

if your considering resale, forget that colour!

unless you wanna sell it to some sick and twisted person over here in Dandenong who thinks painting there skylines and hondas s200 and even Gti-R in lime green and lambo orange is cool well best of luck to you mate.

Is this colour too gay?

quote]

As long as you like attention then go for it, put some 20s on it to like the one in the first pic that thing is cool. Also I don't reckon it will affect resale too much if you look at a whole car for what it is. For exampl I wouldn't pay $100 for a 1600 mitsi lancer with a cheap arse body kit and a candy pink paint job. But a one of a kind stagea / skyline with quality mods throughout good paint and kit is worth paying a bit of money for in my book. Some of the big car makers are thinking this way too look at the ford fpv colours or the Porsche GT3 colour options.