SAU Community

Exhaust Clicking Noise...

Hey guys, recently i got an exhaust fitted to my car, it is a 2.5inch cat back with a 4inch canon, when it is cold it makes a loud clicking noise, not a mechanical problem, it just makes it sound like a old corolla with a shitty exhaust. is this due to loss of air flow? even though the pipe is only 2.5inch...? anyone get this sound from their exhaust? anyone know what causes it? shouldn't it be a deep tuff sound? :blink:

Could be because it is a new exhaust. They take awhile to "bed" in. Some have a burning smell, some make noises.

So you're saying i should just give it some time and not worry too much?

Clicky sound? or is it more like a rasp around 3500 revs?

Haven't measured what revs it happens around, i'll have a look tonight, i'm pretty sure that it is the note it is giving out though.

Anyone else?

i also have a 2.5 inch cat into a 4 inch canon

i get it aswell

its around 3500 rpm and stops about 4000

however if i give it the beans it goes all the way untill 7000

i will take a video and youtube it for example tonight if im bored enough and post it.

i have been told that most NA skylines will get it and it something to do with the resonator.

p.s i recon it sounds tough when it goes to 7grand just getting faster n faster.. its something different.

Edited by SKYL1N

• 8 months later...

Last year, I had to move to a new place where now I am living. It was very far and where I had no TV to watch and no film to see and no library to read. I had nothing else to do. Life then to me was like a desert.

wow power leveling

However, to my great surprise, I found a web bar, which was very far from the place I lived. I entered the bar that day. It was from then on that I began to immerse(使陷入)myself into Internet.

wow gold

When I first came into the bar, I didn’t know how to access the Internet. With the help of others, I opened a homepage(主页), finding it was full of colorful and rich contents. How interesting it was!Clicking the mouse, I set up my own e-mail address under the guidance. I read sports news, entertainment news and all kinds of much other information.

I was becoming happier and happier. On holidays I sent e-cards to my friends to express my greetings. I also bought several books through e-business and ordered free e-magazines, which were of much help to my study.

wedding dress

Hearing that finding a job on Internet is very efficient, I am ready to have a try.

wedding dress

I was and am being benefited from the Internet, which makes me realize that the quality of life is as important as life itself. With the company of the Internet, I will never feel idle(闲着的) any more

wedding dress

Someday in the future we may not need to have money in our pockets. Is life easier when people don’t need to carry any coins or currency at all? Is money heavy to carry? Is it safe to carry money? Maybe in the future each of us will have only one small plastic credit card. We will use it to buy all the things we now buy with money. We will not need money to pay for things.

wedding dress

Of course we may still have some of the same problems with cards that we now have with money. Sometimes we lose money. Maybe we will lose the card. People steal money. Maybe someone will take the card. Someone may even make a card that looks like our card. Since we can’t buy anything without our card, the credit card may be no better than currency. 

Is there something even easier to use than credit cards? All of us have a thumbprint. No two thumbprints are the same. Maybe someday the government will keep people’s thumbp