Wheels For M35

Bis-e Bee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy the cheap ones. Our cars have so much grip that it is much more fun on a tire which you can slide occasionally... LOL :P

id have to disagree with that.

yes our cars weight a lot, but with many people upgrading suspension, the car is relying more and on the tyres, especially when braking. under acceleration yeah its hard to spin or get sideways all that much, but when youre braking, your car only stops as well as the tyres you put on it. especially in the wet!!!

i dont even have kids or take many people in my car, but tyres and brakes are an area i NEVER skimp on money. people are happy to spend thousands on motors to get more power. but they forget how they are gonna stop ............

id have to disagree with that.

yes our cars weight a lot, but with many people upgrading suspension, the car is relying more and on the tyres, especially when braking. under acceleration yeah its hard to spin or get sideways all that much, but when youre braking, your car only stops as well as the tyres you put on it. especially in the wet!!!

i dont even have kids or take many people in my car, but tyres and brakes are an area i NEVER skimp on money. people are happy to spend thousands on motors to get more power. but they forget how they are gonna stop ............

your wife is right behind you isn't she... :P

I do agree with what you say though.

she isnt often in my car, but on her car she gets at the very least, decent branded tyres. she has had near misses in her old cars in the wet because of cheap tyres..........

ohh right behind me? hahah no, but if she was i would have inserted the word 'f**k' in there a few times so she would stop reading over my shoulder :P

Well... I got some wheels for the M35 this week, but wasnt to successful!

I fitted a set of Lenso 19x10 and 19x8.5 (staggered)

The good news is that an M35 comfortably fits a 10inch wide wheel in the back without any rolling of the guards or any scrubbing - in fact I think 11inches would be possible! These were a +40 offset.

Now the problem was staggered wheels. Although it drove smoothly and perfectly, I noticed that the front torque gauge was playing stupid! sending torque to the front when it wasnt needed.

I have attached some pics so you can see how the wheels fit and the technical details below.

But for now I have some 19x9 +35 Enkies on the way to hopefully fix the problem, and look even sexier!

Attempted sizes:

Rear: 19x10 +40 offset (fits perfectly)

Front: 19x8.5 +40 offset (using 10mm spacer to fill guards better)

Wheels ordered: 19x9 +35 all round. - I will post an update when these are installed later in the week.

Ben.

Here are some pics of how the car looked:

post-a235803-stagea.jpgpost-a235804-stagrear.jpg

post-4475-1248148708_thumb.jpg

post-4475-1248148723_thumb.jpg

Edited by bbenny

the problem isnt your staggered wheels

its the rolling diameter of the tyres you have on them.

ideally you would want the front and back wheel/tyres identical. but where you dont want to, get the same (or within a few percent) rolling diameter for front and back tyres.....

the problem isnt your staggered wheels

its the rolling diameter of the tyres you have on them.

ideally you would want the front and back wheel/tyres identical. but where you dont want to, get the same (or within a few percent) rolling diameter for front and back tyres.....

We tried 3 different tyre configurations including the same rubbed all the way round - nothing made a difference.

I was confident there wouldnt be a problem, because like you I understood that the Attessa system only activates if there is a 5% difference between front and rear rolling measurements.

It didnt matter whether we used the same tyres all round or different sizes...

So the attessa system must be measuring something other than just rolling differences.

Edited by bbenny

so put your stock wheels back on and see if it does it still. if it does, youve damaged your atessa (possibly) if it doesnt, then its something else.....

so put your stock wheels back on and see if it does it still. if it does, youve damaged your atessa (possibly) if it doesnt, then its something else.....

Yeah its working fine with the stock wheels now on...

Ill just get same size wheels all round with the same rubber all round. If that doesnt work im baffled!

Now you guys are thinking like me!

It is a bit bogan but how cool would it be doing the classic Aussie hotrod wagon look with a beut M35 body. Keep everybody guessing :D

Holy crap - another pink stagea!

Well... I got some wheels for the M35 this week, but wasnt to successful!

I fitted a set of Lenso 19x10 and 19x8.5 (staggered)

The good news is that an M35 comfortably fits a 10inch wide wheel in the back without any rolling of the guards or any scrubbing - in fact I think 11inches would be possible! These were a +40 offset.

Now the problem was staggered wheels. Although it drove smoothly and perfectly, I noticed that the front torque gauge was playing stupid! sending torque to the front when it wasnt needed.

I have attached some pics so you can see how the wheels fit and the technical details below.

But for now I have some 19x9 +35 Enkies on the way to hopefully fix the problem, and look even sexier!

Attempted sizes:

Rear: 19x10 +40 offset (fits perfectly)

Front: 19x8.5 +40 offset (using 10mm spacer to fill guards better)

Wheels ordered: 19x9 +35 all round. - I will post an update when these are installed later in the week.

Ben.

Here are some pics of how the car looked:

post-a235803-stagea.jpgpost-a235804-stagrear.jpg

post-4475-1248148708_thumb.jpg

post-4475-1248148723_thumb.jpg

What a shame these wheels didn't work out for you, they look fantastic!

Car looks great in the blue matey.

Indeed, the car looks AWESOME, Ben, but I thought you would have tried to avoid the staggered fitment considering all that's been written regarding potential issues with the ATTESA. Oh well, if you can get the same wheels again but in equal sizes front and rear (did you buy them new, and will they let you exchange them?), then go for it - it looks hot!

Holy crap - another pink stagea!

I have said it once, I'll say it again!! get fooked :)

You and your silver stagea can just blend into the background with all the other boring cars!

I have said it once, I'll say it again!! get fooked :O

You and your silver stagea can just blend into the background with all the other boring cars!

Or you could be a gaylord in pink aye Steve :) not that there is anything wrong with that!!!! :P

only kidding the maroon(pink) is my second choice.

Thanks for the compliments guys :) only had it for two weeks now but loving it! so much improvement over the C34.

Indeed, the car looks AWESOME, Ben, but I thought you would have tried to avoid the staggered fitment considering all that's been written regarding potential issues with the ATTESA. Oh well, if you can get the same wheels again but in equal sizes front and rear (did you buy them new, and will they let you exchange them?), then go for it - it looks hot!

Yes I know there had been discussion, but I spoke to alot of outside sources that work on highly modified GTR's and staggered wheels on R32, 33, 34's hadnt been a problem for anyone. As long as rolling diameters are the same... So I couldnt see why it would be a problem with the stagea.

I also discussed this with the shop I bought the wheels from. They were really helpful and tried all sorts of tyre combos without any luck. Fortunately they have offered to refund or replace the wheels with something that works.

I only chose those wheels for the massive dished lip on the rear - and because 10inch wont fit up front it would mean 8.5 all the way round, which didnt look as good.

So at this stage im opting for something different - Enkie GTC01 at this stage. See pic below:

Does anyone have any ideas? Im thinking of going 19x9 all the way round - I want something that will really fill the guards. So I will try a lower offset like 25ish if possible in a 9 or 8.5 wide

It seems the front needs a reasonably low offset as the wheels tend to rub the front suspension arm.

Enkie GTC01

wheel-enkei-gtc01-18x8-2.jpg

Edited by bbenny

The enkei's you have pictured are probably one of my favourite wheels.

I think they'll look great, as you've observed, it's all in the offset.

Go forth!