SAU Community

Push Or Pull Clutch (photo Included)

Looks like a push to me.. actually have no idea what a push looks like :cool: as I have a pull in mine :P and the assembly didn't look like that..

AFAIK only the 93 got pull.

Edited by Tomek

Its a push.

The slave cylinder pushes on the fork, which pivots on the pivot ball in the bell housing, and so the thrust bearing PUSHES on the clutch.

hang on hang on......

i was pretty sure i was told the GT-R has a PULL type clutch............

and the conversions to OS-GIKEN etc have kits to convert GT-R to PUSH type....

i guess im not 100%

i was pretty sure i was told the GT-R has a PULL type clutch............

As described above, GTR's built from late '92 or '93 came with the pull mechanism. Prior to that, the push type is used.

The reason for the change is that the push type clutch fork and pivot ball are weak points if you move to a heavy duty clutch (increased spring load). The clutch fork fails by fatigue at the pivot ball contact point and I believe the pivot cracks just under the head. The clutch fork failure is a actually a problem that goes right back to the early race 240Z's as they used essentially the same design. I've suffered 2 fork failures with heavy duty clutches in the Z.

The pull style clutch mechanism is a much better design and eliminates the problem.

As described above, GTR's built from late '92 or '93 came with the pull mechanism. Prior to that, the push type is used.

The reason for the change is that the push type clutch fork and pivot ball are weak points if you move to a heavy duty clutch (increased spring load). The clutch fork fails by fatigue at the pivot ball contact point and I believe the pivot cracks just under the head. The clutch fork failure is a actually a problem that goes right back to the early race 240Z's as they used essentially the same design. I've suffered 2 fork failures with heavy duty clutches in the Z.

The pull style clutch mechanism is a much better design and eliminates the problem.

well ive did a quick search, and it is stated that the GT-R uses a PUSH type clutch......

most Cable operated Clutches are pull type where Hydrualic clutches are generally PUSH.

the twin & triple plate from OS-Giken supply Kits with thier clutches to convert to Pull type.

and as far as i remember, the GT-R has a Dual Mass flywheel...

which is used by Push Types....

apparently they cannot be machined...and should be replaced when replacing the clutch.

otherwise slippage can occur.

• 2 years later...

ook I've done.that.much reading up on this subject and.I can't get a clear answer everybody says different things. I have a 1994 gtr with a push type it appears that year makes no difference to the clutch type. best way to tell is push type is flexible line and is in front of the fork and pull is behind tje.fork with a hard line

• 10 months later...