SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

actually the pathfinder doesnt have shit ratios

pretty similar to the stagea

old man used to have the pathy

it's a RWD based 4wd which u can turn on and off

also the pathy uses Vq40 and the auto setting on the 4wd system is very similar to your 4wd system

and pathy's also come in manual

pathy box and such might be a good idea

thats a good point

trading post! and sell it with a free auto gearbox :D

or maybe ill take the VQ35DE and put all the DET bits on it and have some fuuuuuuun hahahah

shuddup lol

looks like we are looking for 2006+ Ti models in manual.

it seems there is a 2.5L turbo diesel 6 speed. any idea what motor that is?? and is it a VQ style?

i still rekon a Z33 or V35 box, modded, will fit.

Cimas came in AWD also, i bet auto only. but thats another option that MAY have come in manual.

i still rekon a Z33 or V35 box, modded, will fit.

Cimas came in AWD also, i bet auto only. but thats another option that MAY have come in manual.

The Z33/V35 gearbox will bolt up....question is is will the transfer case bolt up to the gearbox.

why would they manufacture an entire new gearbox for a small run Stagea? surely they would use common parts to keep the prices down.

anyway, that original link in my first post had a stagea front diff in a Z33, but the gearbox wasnt nissan. still, if there ARE manual VQ AWD gearboxes, they cant be all that different to the RWD ones.

• 6 months later...

belhousing shouldnt be a problem to modify craig. i see the guys at westside who worked on the dumps, modify strange engine/gearbox combo's belhousings all the time for race cars..

next time i have my car up on the hoist.. i will check the sizes of the center for the 34box compared to the auto section of the stagea the transfer looks the same.. so maybe just a change of the centre is needed??

yeh have a look at it adrew if you don't mind.....might also consider the R33 gearbox to reduce cost a little....shit my Dad's old R32 gearbox handled 650HP.

Saw a standard auto on Import Monster for $1,200(with 35,000km) landed but I just cannot convince myself to go that way!!!!!

Then there's the rebuild of the current auto with the mod's that I want at $3,500.

I just cannot get past a HP increase for a little more work and about another $1,500.....looks like my next tax return is spent already :thumbsup: