SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

i can't see my setup being anywhere close to a RB30 with -5's, (i'd choose that combo as well if going down that road, but with a neo head as well :D)

400_b-1.jpg

9 sec ramp i believe,

the interesting thing i found is how this setup compared to a 26 with vcam, very similar results, see..

tunehouse.jpg

as for mods, head has had some porting done i believe, baby cams though. Tomei expreme manifolds - midori dumps i think, middori s/s front pipes, midori titanium catback, not 100% sure of diametre - sard cat

meh, the 30 is always going to make more power sub 5,000 rpm but 5,000-8,000 I reckon the 26 will make at least as much. when you're up it there's not much time spent sub 4,500 or even sub 5,000 in a GTR. if it's a track car and you take the 26 to 9,000 (which is easily done with just some valve springs really) then see how the 2 compare.

don't get me wrong. I like the 30s and they have their place. for certain applications they are better than a 26. but not in ALL applications. both engines have their ups and downs.

don't forget as well daniels engine is a fairly basic 26 build. pretty much blueprinted, N1 type engine with mild cams. I'm sure with headwork etc it could probably make even more. but shit who really needs more than 400kw atw????? it's a road car after all and a fking nice one at that. it's not just the 400kw, it's the fact it's a 1 owner since new Nur, low kms, immaculate body and interior, and all the nice bits like big Alcons front and rear, hand made midori titanium exhaust and on and on the list goes. *sigh. such a nice GTR.

VCT for RB26 is not expensive

Are you referring to HKS Vcam or running a setup like a Neo head/modified Nissan VCT on a 26 head?

Just to clarify, I meant for the difference in those results if the vcam cost for example $4000 from hks plus fitting and tuning, to me at least it doesn't seem worth it :)

Vcam is around the $5k mark when i was looking, and then quoted about $1000 for install - then you'd need tuning time

VCT for RB26 is not expensive

but for those getting a workshop to do it it gets $$ because of all the labour involved, even if the parts aren't the expensive. it's the expensive RB26 labour that hurts - cheap as if you can DIY

Are you referring to HKS Vcam or running a setup like a Neo head/modified Nissan VCT on a 26 head?

Just to clarify, I meant for the difference in those results if the vcam cost for example $4000 from hks plus fitting and tuning, to me at least it doesn't seem worth it :)

RB26 head. We only use the R33 VCT inlet gear and the rest we make ourselves. So far, costs have been minimal but we had the cylinder head off already. That would add substantial cost to the conversion but good for anyone in the build. We are working out all our cam specs next week as we don't want pistons saying hello to valves when everything is advanced.

The difference is amazing in both boost response and power. You guys are talking about possibly going the 30 instead of a VCT setup.....what about 30 AND VCT together? I just barred up a little

RB26 head. We only use the R33 VCT inlet gear and the rest we make ourselves. So far, costs have been minimal but we had the cylinder head off already. That would add substantial cost to the conversion but good for anyone in the build. We are working out all our cam specs next week as we don't want pistons saying hello to valves when everything is advanced.

The difference is amazing in both boost response and power. You guys are talking about possibly going the 30 instead of a VCT setup.....what about 30 AND VCT together? I just barred up a little

I love where you're heads at (the one on your neck, not the pants)

Earlier last year I started to play with ideas using 33 vct on a 26 head but got distracted and cbf'd.

I'm already rb30, and the head has to come off...

What sort of cam specs are you aiming for? 260 with 10.25mm lift or thereabouts?

made it in by .5 of a rwkw :D

400.5rwkw

2530's

smallish cams, 256

Powerplus E85

mid to high 21psi

Racepace adj cam gears, all for response (let the E85 take care of the top end)

built 26, not 100% on pistons hence no 24psi runs etc.

400_a0001.jpg

what intercooler, are you running??

No I mean 26/30's with VCT

How much of a gain would you say there would be between a 26 head with VCT vs 25 neo head with VCT ?

I hope that guy leaning over the bonnet isn't listening for knock? LOL if he is

Pete from nistune told me that if you have nothing else sticking your head in the engine bay with a pair of ear muffs works quite well, up there with the garden hose over an intake bolt! lol.

Edited by Rolls

I love where you're heads at (the one on your neck, not the pants)

Earlier last year I started to play with ideas using 33 vct on a 26 head but got distracted and cbf'd.

I'm already rb30, and the head has to come off...

What sort of cam specs are you aiming for? 260 with 10.25mm lift or thereabouts?

Can't tell you the cam specs sorry. That has been the most important part so far. We have spent a lot of time working out what will work and what will not including head off 2 times in a GTR in one week. I hate doing them

Our stuff is different to HKS's.

How much of a gain would you say there would be between a 26 head with VCT vs 25 neo head with VCT ?

None, all the technology in the RB26 head is present in the Neo head. Valve/port angle etc. The only benefit the 26 head has is more readily available parts

Well it depends on what setup you have. If you have an ecu capable of switching a solenoid at a certain rpm, then we would be able to sort out something within a couple of weeks. We are still working on the standard ECU guys options.