SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Time for updates, Its been a bit of a journey,

Ran the garret 37/88 at just under 600 hp for a while but still felt it should have made more.

Did a refresh on the engine and added a crank trigger assembly plus a crg manifold and a precision 64/66.

ran it to 600 hp on the dyno and the turbo siezed solid. Not happy jan.

Junked the precision and went with an MTA 900. Its a whole new world.

we now sit at 680 hp on 30 lb at 7200 rpm

. thats enough for now but its by no means near its limit.

at 30 lb the MTA is making 80 hp more than the precision at the same boost and has a much fatter curve.

Will post both graphs later.

Oh... That was you! The results were way low, if the Precision crapped out I wonder if it was playing up or there was some other issue the whole time.... Awesome that you have it sorted now, and all is well, but the performance difference between those turbos seems unlikely if both were performing properly - albeit very very impressive if that is a realistic indication of how that turbo goes against a healthy 6466!

• Like 1

I am inclined to agree with you Lith.I cant verify anything but other precision results were defs way better than what i was getting up unitl it shat itself.

no matter, i am one happy camper now.

• 2 months later...

For those of you with 400kw atw in a GTR, do you have traction issues when coming onto boost in 2nd gear?

My R32 GTR at the moment is spinning from 4000rpm to redline in second under acceleration and doesn't grip until I have changed to third.

Is this normal or does my 4WD system need looking at?

EDIT: I should mention that tyres are AD08R 255/40/17 with 70% tread on them

Edited by Chris32R

Tyres are AD08R 255/40/17 with heaps of tread. Suspension wise I have HKS Hipermax 3 coilovers on medium stiffness. Wheel alignment was done recently for street and track. Not sure on exact figures but doesn't look too aggressive

Haven't got a front LSD, just standard open centre in there atm. I have a carbon 1.5 way LSD waiting to go in..

The rears just spin up really quickly and it feels like the fronts come in and try to pull the car along. I don't have a 4WD controller either, just using the standard system.

I'd be interested to know if others with similar power have the same problem or whether they get traction all the way through 2nd gear.

Already done Marko. Have completely flushed and bled out the Attesa system in the car and put new transfer case fluid in and still no joy.

I did notice that when trying to bleed the hydraulic system with the electrical connector unplugged to put the pump in bleed mode, the fluid was very slow to come out of the bleeder screw. This leads me to think that the pump isn't working as it should

Edited by Chris32R
  • Like 1

Whereabouts did you get your 1.5 way centre for the front diff?

I've got the engine out at the moment and I'm definitely thinking of changing the diff before re-installing the engine

I got my ATS carbon 1.5 way through Jesse Streeter in Japan. It wasn't cheap though. I went with carbon to try and keep the driveability nice whilst low speed cornering.

I believe quite a few members have gone with the Quaife front diff and are very happy with their performance.

Pretty sure these can be bought for a reasonable price from justjap.

Whereabouts did you get your 1.5 way centre for the front diff?

I've got the engine out at the moment and I'm definitely thinking of changing the diff before re-installing the engine

One of the best mods you can do to a GTR IF you like to get on the power early in a corner.

• 1 month later...

I suppose I can finally be part of this club

Tomei Advanced spec RB26 Crate Engine

GT2860R-5 Turbos

Mines dump pipes (ver II)

Nismo Plenum

1,000cc injectors

Midori Ti Front Pipes (80mm)

Venom 5in body HiFlow Cat

Tomei 3.5 Expreme Ti Catback exhaust system

Fuel System - two Bosch 044 pumps plumbed to dual 044 surge tank with walbro 450 as lift pump

E-Flex Tune

Haltech Platinum Pro ECU

IMG_2043_zps9ad9d9dc.jpg

450rwkw @ 27psi

• Like 1